Main Menu

WXV Rookie Draft

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2012, 12:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Ringo on November 19, 2012, 04:04:39 PM
Can I ask a question may seem dumb but just need to get clarify.

We will be listing a squad of 41 players who we select teams from
We will also have a list of 5 rookie players who we can promote to cover injury and/or failure to get a team on paddock.

Does this mean then we have to have 5 picks in the rookie draft or can I say nominate 2 of my existing players as rookies and only select 3 in rookie draft. If I do this now and list 2 of my players as rookies do I then get an additional 2 picks in the National Draft.

Looks like we can demote players to the rookie list so you can do it

CrowsFan

Quote from: Ringo on November 19, 2012, 04:04:39 PM
Can I ask a question may seem dumb but just need to get clarify.

We will be listing a squad of 41 players who we select teams from
We will also have a list of 5 rookie players who we can promote to cover injury and/or failure to get a team on paddock.

Does this mean then we have to have 5 picks in the rookie draft or can I say nominate 2 of my existing players as rookies and only select 3 in rookie draft. If I do this now and list 2 of my players as rookies do I then get an additional 2 picks in the National Draft.
This is answered just above you ringo ;)

- You can, if you choose, demote ONE senior player to rookie AFTER the international draft but before the pre-season draft. The player to be demoted can not be on an injury list (i.e. if Trent Cotchin does his knee, you can't put him on the rookie list just because he won't play this year).

- If you demote a player, this gives you an extra pick in the Preseason draft, and one less pick in the rookie draft.

So basically you can't choose 2, you can only choose one, and this would mean you would only have 4 picks in the rookie draft, but an extra pick in the pre season draft :)

Ringo

Thanks CF - My confusion came from only 4 rounds listed in rookie draft.

As we currently do not have rookie list can I recommend that we can de list players and say they will be selected with x picks in the rookie draft. I have a couple of players who will not be ready for a year or 2 but I do not really want to remove from list as they are more suited to a rookie listing.

ossie85

Hopefully has been cleared up now.

I'm a bit concerned about the number of players available. Already reducing squads from 46 to 45 by the look of it, but still uncertain if we'll have the numbers :/ May need to make it that each squad has to be 40 players instead of 41...

CrowsFan

Certainly making it tougher now that rookie lists have been reduced from 6 to 4.
Ours should be the same if we have 41 after the nat draft, then 4 picks in the rookie draft to go on our rookie list. Should work out shouldn't it?

meow meow

Like I said, we should not be allowed to have 41 AFL senior listed players.

I never said that the WXV should have a rookie list. I said that if we are going to be allowed to have 41 players upon completion of the International draft, some of them should have to be on AFL rookie lists otherwise there is a chance that some teams could have 41 AFL listed players and one team could end up with 30 and 11 rookies.

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on November 19, 2012, 09:20:47 PM
Like I said, we should not be allowed to have 41 AFL senior listed players.

I never said that the WXV should have a rookie list. I said that if we are going to be allowed to have 41 players upon completion of the International draft, some of them should have to be on AFL rookie lists otherwise there is a chance that some teams could have 41 AFL listed players and one team could end up with 30 and 11 rookies.

While a good point meow, surely that's the fault of the list management skills of the coach?

ossie85

Holz

taking a gamble here. Freo need key forwards and apparently he has been playing the key forward position in freos match simulations.

Matthew Taberner

kilbluff1985

so PNL have pick 4 in this draft also?

ossie85

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 09, 2013, 12:57:55 AM
so PNL have pick 4 in this draft also?

Yep, picks on the front page

ossie85

btw guys, I'm being strict with the 24 hour rule from now also.....

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on January 09, 2013, 11:46:49 AM

We will need to be if we have 57 picks to get through!
Also Ossie when is the next trade period scheduled? :)

AFEV

ossie85

Quote from: Maca24 on January 09, 2013, 01:21:47 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on January 09, 2013, 11:46:49 AM

We will need to be if we have 57 picks to get through!
Also Ossie when is the next trade period scheduled? :)

As soon as this draft is done - not sure on the length of it though

Interesting choice Sid!