Main Menu

The charges

Started by Mailman the 2nd, November 12, 2012, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

i wasn't sure when I initially saw the penalties for both AFC and Tippett but the more i look at them, the more I think the AFL went really weak ...

yeah, I know Carlton have their Judd Visy deal and the AFL has been weak on that too ...

AFL seems to do what it likes whenever it suits, like the tribunal, just not consistent and that's what gives me the showers.  ::)

j959

Quote from: j959 on December 06, 2012, 03:22:23 PM
i wasn't sure when I initially saw the penalties for both AFC and Tippett but the more i look at them, the more I think the AFL went really weak ...

yeah, I know Carlton have their Judd Visy deal and the AFL has been weak on that too ...

AFL seems to do what it likes whenever it suits, like the tribunal, just not consistent and that's what gives me the showers.  ::)
and then I remembered ...

Matthew Rendell!!!!!!!!!    :o     ::)     ;)

not meaning to sh*t on AFC hierarchy but you do look a 'bit' hypocritical to ditch Rendell for (in my opinion) comments in a private conversation taken out of their complete context, but then Trigg et al subvert the draft/fairness of the competition checks and balances but he's just suspended for a little while ... wtf??!?!   

"consistency" missing from the ACF dictionary?? ;)

Grazz

Tend to agree j9, as far as i know Rendell didn't break any rule, Trigg broke 3, i think he was charged with 3. As a Crows supporter i'm left scratching my head and it tastes a bitter ta boot. Rendell had a done a very good job for the AFC recruiting wise, he's a big loss and i'll go on record saying a much bigger loss than Trigg would be.

tbagrocks

I'm fairly sure the AFL either pushed, or would have pushed Adelaide to move Rendell, their hands were tied and there was no real alternative :-\

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 07, 2012, 07:29:19 PM
I'm fairly sure the AFL either pushed, or would have pushed Adelaide to move Rendell, their hands were tied and there was no real alternative :-\

Yes i dont discount the AFL's involvement in this. They should insist all should be treated the same to avoid being the hypocrits they are. Therefore Trigg should go, otherwise who's accountable and whats the deterent if you keep your job. Rendell was having a private conversation that was taken out of context, he's no more a racist that Muhatma Ghandi. I agree the AFL pushed the AFC into a corner over Rendell why not Trigg. I dont discard the fact its someones livelihood their job and up untill this Trigg has done a great job for AFC but there has to be accountability and suspensions from work are a bit to soft and a loophole i feel.

Ziplock

completely different scenarios- yeah rendells comments were taken wayyyy out of context, but he was subseqeuntly portrayed as racist.  That being said, people can kind of understand a club cheating a little to further itself, they wont like it, but you can follow the motivation, while you're not going to find very many people who'll (openly at least) understand why someone's racist towards indigenous people.

team rohan

Also with Rendell vs Trigg...

Tippetts contract has already reflected badly on the Crows, by firing Trigg it isn't really going to help with their image. While firing Rendell, it meant the rascist remarks 'scandal' was contained purely to Rendell.

I guess having a recruiting manager who is perceived to be rascist could also affect whether indigenous players want to play for the Crows in the future, while again the presence/lack of of Trigg shouldn't affect recruiting at all.