Main Menu

The charges

Started by Mailman the 2nd, November 12, 2012, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Just out of interest, why couldn't the Crows delist Tippett yesterday?

He has gone to the PSD and isn't coming back to the Crows, so why did he have to stay on their list?

Grazz

Quote from: McRooster on November 16, 2012, 11:48:04 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 16, 2012, 11:16:52 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 11:10:10 PM
that's just going to make people give you more crap.

jokes like that detract from the seriousness of the situation- roost essentially implies that it's not a big deal to breach the salary cap.

Oh well were a thick skinned bunch mostly.
Im sure Rooster is just as disgusted as i am as most of us our with the club.
We are aware its serious weve been living it everyday mate.
You're both right.

What burns my piss the most is that the holier than thou boffins at AFL house have the kehonies to perpetuate this issue of manipulation by the Crows when year in, year out, they themselves manipulate the draw to suit a TV audience. Hypocritical Pelicans  >:(

Just who at AFL house is leaking this shower to the media? It is most certainly Caro receiving it, but passes it to Quayle. She does this so when the mud settles Wilson comes out smelling like roses and Quayle will never be respected again. QuAyle and Reid look to have a lot in common in the near future.

A club amnesty is the only true path to parity. Let ALL clubs come out and confess their transgressions, without reprimand or penalty, then draw the line in the sand about the seriousness of further breaches with a transparent explanation of the rules.

Lets be honest, all clubs do it (flower me I saw Matthew Campbell given keys to an Exa Turbo back in the day at North Adelaide), the Crows have just been the cannon fodder for off season 2012/13. Demetriou needs to sell his product in the quiet time of off season and nothing sells better than a scandal.

I like it when your angry  ::)

Chopps

Quote from: Tominator on November 17, 2012, 12:19:14 AM
Just out of interest, why couldn't the Crows delist Tippett yesterday?

He has gone to the PSD and isn't coming back to the Crows, so why did he have to stay on their list?

I think I read you can't when you offer a new contract in the same year.

Zip_who said this was all under the table. There is possibilities it is breeches of third party deals ie incorrectly paid. Seems the age thinks balfours paid tippet directly which isn't how it was set out. Having said that considering afl house leaks info like a siv I m not sure if this is the case. We know the crows will say f all

I like what van berlos manager said that the onus is on the manager not entirely but a great deal. I'd expect him to do as promised if it turned out van berlo was no better and "fall on his own sword",

Balfours should of just given Kurt free pies would of solved all these issues

ossie85

Sorry Mc, disagree. If one club breaks the rule the logic of 'well everybody does it' in my mind is even more reason to come down hard on Adelaide to make them (yet another) example.

If club's didn't learn from the Carlton's mis-deeds, they deserve no sympathy.

Adelaide are a strong, proud club. They'll rebuild from whatever punishment

Nige

Grazz

Quote from: NigeyS on November 17, 2012, 10:32:07 PM
So apparently they're looking into Danger too now.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-in-draft-as-probe-widens-20121116-29hqx.html

Dangers all above board, The Age have a bit to answer for, just printing anything now.

Nige

Quote from: Grazz on November 17, 2012, 10:34:11 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 17, 2012, 10:32:07 PM
So apparently they're looking into Danger too now.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/crows-in-draft-as-probe-widens-20121116-29hqx.html

Dangers all above board, The Age have a bit to answer for, just printing anything now.

Typical media, trying to make something out of nothing. :P

Justin Bieber

They're looking at Selwood too :o

Irrelivant to Adeaide though..

Ziplock

nah selwood has an above the table  deal that the afl are now reviewing, similar to judd- he wont get in trouble for it.

team rohan

This comment on AdelaideNow gave me a bit of a chuckle:

"Lance Armstrong never failed a drug test in his life yet has a life ban. All these guys have actually been caught cheating. Life bans all round for the players and officials, doesn't seem disproportionate under the circumstances."

I'm not entirely sure how systematic doping can be compared to recieving a possibly legal third party payment...the artcile was about payments VB, Danger and Tip recieved from a builder.

Nails

Quote from: team rohan on November 18, 2012, 09:51:55 PM

"Lance Armstrong never failed a drug test in his life yet has a life ban. All these guys have actually been caught cheating. Life bans all round for the players and officials, doesn't seem disproportionate under the circumstances."

I'm not entirely sure how systematic doping can be compared to recieving a possibly legal third party payment...the artcile was about payments VB, Danger and Tip recieved from a builder.

Lance Armstrong = cheating

Adelaide, VB, Danger and Tip = cheating

= The same

= Cheating to win and be better than the competition unfairly

Life ban them all I say.
Don't just deregister Tippett, de-reg the Crows. Second rate club in Australia's worst capital city.

Mailman the 2nd

You wouldn't have any teams apart from GWS and GC then

Tominator

Quote from: Nails on November 18, 2012, 09:57:23 PM

= The same

Life ban them all I say.
Don't just deregister Tippett, de-reg the Crows. Second rate club in Australia's worst capital city.

wow you are fired up...

its just the knobheads that run SA is why everybody hates on us over the past 10 years

nas

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2012, 11:28:50 PM
Quote from: Nails on November 18, 2012, 09:57:23 PM

= The same

Life ban them all I say.

wow you are fired up...

its just the knobheads that run SA is why everybody hates on us over the past 10 years

All is not lost they have even appointed ex Demon Coach under the spotlight in Bailey.

Grazz

Danger and Van Berlo didnt do anything wrong and the third party deal was approved by the AFL.
Must of been a slow news day for the AGE who continue to post rubbish without fact checking first
Carro's great for doing this, got some choice words id like to use for her but seeing im a gentleman
i shall refrain. Shes loading the bullets and Quayle is firing the gun.