Main Menu

The charges

Started by Mailman the 2nd, November 12, 2012, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

the club doesnt seem to have made any internal moves, if thats the case i am disappointed

Dave085

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 01, 2012, 10:38:05 AM
Quote from: Tominator on December 01, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 30, 2012, 10:06:11 PM
Quote from: Tominator on November 30, 2012, 08:05:38 PM
Crows supporters ought to be very happy with that, I know I am

Really? What were you thinking the punishment would be?

Thinking somewhere around a $600K+ fine and loss of draft picks for next 2-3 years

Maybe I just got sucked into the hype of the naysayers   ::)   But I'm just glad its over
People should know by now lot go listen to the media's speculation

Tippett says he trusted the crows ::) turns out the crows couldn't trust Tippett!

"I trusted the Adelaide Football Club and for the duration of my contract I did my utmost for the club on and off the field. It is bitterly disappointing, then, to learn that my trust and best endeavours have been to my substantial detriment."

Hey Kurt, here is this wicked deal you wanted... Sign it mate, but can you also sign this super secret letter so that no one can ever find out about our super secret deal. Nothing suss mate. Its just how we do things, trust us!   

Is that how the conversation went? What a muppet. How can he make out he isnt at fault?!!!

Ziplock

I really dont think it was that obvious. It was more like- hey kurt, you wanted $X, and to be sent to the club of your choice? yeah ok mate, just sign this. Ok, and this, yep good on ya, and sign this as well.

I can see how it would happen, and I said that's what I thought probably happened- hence why the AFL didnt give him a bigger fine.

Tominator

Quote from: Ziplock on December 02, 2012, 10:06:53 PM
I really dont think it was that obvious. It was more like- hey kurt, you wanted $X, and to be sent to the club of your choice? yeah ok mate, just sign this. Ok, and this, yep good on ya, and sign this as well.

I can see how it would happen, and I said that's what I thought probably happened- hence why the AFL didnt give him a bigger fine.

+1, but I think his manager is in the showers... his manager no doubt was partially at fault for this saga and definitely pushed the deal

Ziplock

he's manager definitely would have known what was going on.

Grazz

The players association will look at his manager in a few weeks apparently.

Chopps

Quote from: Ziplock on December 03, 2012, 01:26:30 AM
he's manager definitely would have known what was going on.

Without doubt and tippet should be Pissed at them they are there to protect him and get the best for him but if you said to most players I ll give you 200 grand to miss 11 weeks that's 20 k a game most would take it, the more tippet whinged the more of an idiot he seems.

Ziplock

yeah, I know- I don't think we'll hear any more from tippett- he's released the one statement after the hearing, and I don't think anything he said was unreasonable, it's not like he's been constantly whinging.

Mailman the 2nd

If Tippett had come out immediately saying he wasn't told any of this was illegal he would of been better off

Now he's trying to save face. It won't really matter though. Either GWS and the swans still want him

Ziplock

"I have nothing to hide and have only refrained from media comment in recent weeks on legal advice and out of respect for the AFL investigation process.''

"I pleaded guilty to the two charges on advice without any admission of liability and despite being assured there were valid defences available to me in respect to both charges.

"It is very important to me that I concentrate on preparing for next season and remove all distractions from my preparation.''

quinny88

I have a feeling that the reception Tippet gets when he plays against Adelaide for the first time will be worse than the reception Carey got the first time he played against North.. Is it wrong that im looking forward to it haha :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: quinny88 on December 03, 2012, 10:59:33 PM
I have a feeling that the reception Tippet gets when he plays against Adelaide for the first time will be worse than the reception Carey got the first time he played against North.. Is it wrong that im looking forward to it haha :P
If they don't play (assuming) Sydney in the finals, lets hope early 2014 v Sydney at the Adelaide Oval ;D This will result in a 50 000 sell out and will be one massive game!

Ziplock

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/152035/default.aspx

what trigg says is so much more pathetic and whiney than tippett.

although it explains the leniency- you guys didnt break the cap with the extra side deal with tippett... which makes it really confusing as to why you didnt just pay him the money legitimately :S

however, it's complete BS when he says what he did wasnt cheating- adelaide wouldnt have offered tippett the 'gentlemans agreement' unless he wasnt going to stay with them otherwise, meaning they held onto his services for another 3 years when he would have walked in the draft- clearly cheating.

Tippetts comment could be seen as a bit self pitying and pathetic, but really trigg, saying you didnt cheat is a shocking display of character.

Ziplock

note that I'm not bashing the crows or SA, this is just on trigg.

Tominator

If we traded him at the end of 2011 to Brisbane for Pick 12 then none of this would've happened... Why they hung onto him I have no idea, especially considering they knew they were in breach of AFL rules   :-/