Main Menu

The charges

Started by Mailman the 2nd, November 12, 2012, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 11:58:34 AM
tex and danger weren't exactly one of your best players until this year to be fair.

thompson and jacobs I'd be worried about.

Dont disagree with what you said there zip, but back in 2009 Tippett wasnt much either. If they thought they were ok legal wise although far from it there could be alot of these third party contracts floating around down at West Lakes. Im hanging for an explanation, hopefully it comes next week .

Ziplock

I don't think they thought they were k legally- therwise they would have made these payment clear to the afl.

that being the case, it might be the 'in for a dime, in for a dollar' mentality (that's the idiom yeah?)

like 'if we get caught we're flowered, s might as well make the most out of it and hope we don't get caught'.

Grazz

Regardless of how they perceived themselves legally i feel there has to be more, but the AFL have had a bit of time now to look over everything so maybe they've found it all but i still get this horrid feeling there is more to come. As you said in for a Penny in for a Pound.

Chopps

The age seems to think the balfours payment was somewhat reported to the afl, I m hoping there isn't more but can't see how there isn't bring on Monday and pray that when found guilty adelaide will respond in the fashion that makes it a great club otherwise supporters will be jumping ship by the droves

Grazz

Quote from: Chopps on November 16, 2012, 12:49:54 PM
The age seems to think the balfours payment was somewhat reported to the afl, I m hoping there isn't more but can't see how there isn't bring on Monday and pray that when found guilty adelaide will respond in the fashion that makes it a great club otherwise supporters will be jumping ship by the droves

Yeh we deserve a clear and proper explanation, hope we get that. May have to wait untill later in the week for it i dont think it will all be wrapped up on Monday, could drag on abit longer.

Capper

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151237/default.aspx

QuoteADELAIDE will be allowed to participate in this year's NAB AFL Draft after the AFL Commission granted an adjournment into the Kurt Tippett salary cap case.
Crows fans can breath a little easier

Chopps

for now, would we expect any further charges to be laid before the PSD if there are any charges to answer. surely the AFL admin has uncovered more if there was more

Tominator

Quote from: tabs on November 16, 2012, 05:54:48 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151237/default.aspx

QuoteADELAIDE will be allowed to participate in this year's NAB AFL Draft after the AFL Commission granted an adjournment into the Kurt Tippett salary cap case.
Crows fans can breath a little easier

I'm very happy about that... this year's draft is said to be one of the best ever, even doing a phantom draft is hard work!

Grazz

Really wanted it done and dusted next week. So what happens if we draft someone do we then lose them in December when the punishment gets handed out. Its messy enough as it is.

McRooster

Quote from: Grazz on November 16, 2012, 09:49:21 PM
Really wanted it done and dusted next week. So what happens if we draft someone do we then lose them in December when the punishment gets handed out. Its messy enough as it is.
Yeah, just ask Nick Joyce.

I bought Simon Goodwin a beer at the Alma about three years ago, maybe Emma Quayle (aka Caro's puppett) should report that as a breach outside of the salary cap!

Ziplock

nah, you keep this draft, you lose next picks.

roost- don't try to justify or make light of this situation. 3rd party payments were allowed by the afl under some circumstances- that this is all under the table indicates that the crows were both breaking the rules, and knowing they were breaking them.

Grazz

Quote from: McRooster on November 16, 2012, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 16, 2012, 09:49:21 PM
Yeah, just ask Nick Joyce.

I bought Simon Goodwin a beer at the Alma about three years ago, maybe Emma Quayle (aka Caro's puppett) should report that as a breach outside of the salary cap!

Yeh feel for Joyce Rooster and White a bit.
Regarding Goodwin should be ok as long as it wasnt a jug mate otherwise Tex would be in trouble for having a beer in the Grandstand bought by his mate.

Zip when weve copped the crap we have already over this from certain people so far i think we are entitled to make gag about it.

Ziplock

that's just going to make people give you more crap.

jokes like that detract from the seriousness of the situation- roost essentially implies that it's not a big deal to breach the salary cap.

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 11:10:10 PM

jokes like that detract from the seriousness of the situation- roost essentially implies that it's not a big deal to breach the salary cap.

Oh well were a thick skinned bunch mostly.
Im sure Rooster is just as disgusted as i am as most of us our with the club.
We are aware its serious weve been living it everyday mate.

McRooster

Quote from: Grazz on November 16, 2012, 11:16:52 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 11:10:10 PM

Oh well were a thick skinned bunch mostly.
Im sure Rooster is just as disgusted as i am as most of us our with the club.
We are aware its serious weve been living it everyday mate.
You're both right.

What burns my piss the most is that the holier than thou boffins at AFL house have the kehonies to perpetuate this issue of manipulation by the Crows when year in, year out, they themselves manipulate the draw to suit a TV audience. Hypocritical Pelicans  >:(

Just who at AFL house is leaking this shower to the media? It is most certainly Caro receiving it, but passes it to Quayle. She does this so when the mud settles Wilson comes out smelling like roses and Quayle will never be respected again. QuAyle and Reid look to have a lot in common in the near future.

A club amnesty is the only true path to parity. Let ALL clubs come out and confess their transgressions, without reprimand or penalty, then draw the line in the sand about the seriousness of further breaches with a transparent explanation of the rules.

Lets be honest, all clubs do it (flower me I saw Matthew Campbell given keys to an Exa Turbo back in the day at North Adelaide), the Crows have just been the cannon fodder for off season 2012/13. Demetriou needs to sell his product in the quiet time of off season and nothing sells better than a scandal.