Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Richard Douglas - Adelaide Crows

Position: FWD

Price: $372,000 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 17

2012 Games: 16

2011 Average: 76.4

2012 Average: 72.3 (83 without sub/injury-affected games)

2012 Tons: 1

Summary: Ok, so a while back I had a look though this bloke's scores. Turns out, if you exclude his sub-affected games of 4 & 15 (when he did his hammy), and his injury-affected game of 59 (concussion), he averaged 83. Now a forward who averages 83 isn't that great, but it is decent for his price. He is very consistent, with all his scores (non injury-affected) ranging from 70-109, but one (62). He also averaged 88 back in 2010, which shows he can hit that 85-90 average.

Verdict: He's not the worst pick going around, but there are just too many better forward options who will push 90-95+ averages. PASS for me.

Ad's predicted average: 85

Kellogscrunchynut

Toga

Nice one Adamant :D

I'm already going to struggle to fit all the forwards I want into my team as it is, so I don't think he will be in my team. Has potential though!

Ricochet

Going into his 8th season, can't really see him improving his average by too much. And you really only want 90+ players in your forward line. So its a no from me

aces-high

Had that one great year when he won the best and fairest in 2010 playin alot up the ground and in the mids. Since then though the crows mids have improved out of sight with the emergence of both danger and sloane. I just dont see douglas being fantasy relevent atm, he's playing too much in the forwardline and at times as a negator. Very good player though given the opportunity!

The_Captain

Too many mid pricers which can average the same as him for 100k-200k cheaper. Not for me.

Shihan7

Sylvia a much better option at that price range. Nice write up though Ads ;)

Adamant

Well, this was pretty out of date as he ended up being a pure MID for 2013, but he is killing it!

84, 91, 108, 118, 99, 73, 95, 124, 123 & 103 = 101.8 average.

Happy to say that I had a sneaky look at him when he was listed as a forward on fanplanner, but never would've considered as a mid.

Still, I don't see him maintaining a 100+ average tbh.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Adamant on June 10, 2013, 01:22:19 AM
Well, this was pretty out of date as he ended up being a pure MID for 2013, but he is killing it!

Happy to say that I had a sneaky look at him when he was listed as a forward on fanplanner, but never would've considered as a mid.

He was my last pick and a fluke pick in my fantasy elite draft (Dayne Beams was my first) so far the two have done the exact opposite of what I expected (I was hoping for a high 80's average from him like in 2010). He's been fantastic and I'm considering him for my normal dream team in M8 :)

But like you said no one... Could have foreseen this ;) I'm just stoked that I selected him instead of Van Berlo (unfortunately I picked Broadbent over Boak, traded him to Wingard though early in the season and is now Gibson and will be Wingard next week (had to dump Chapman as well)

disco1992

Quote from: powersuperkents on June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

He was my last pick and a fluke pick in my fantasy elite draft (Dayne Beams was my first) so far the two have done the exact opposite of what I expected (I was hoping for a high 80's average from him like in 2010). He's been fantastic and I'm considering him for my normal dream team in M8 :)

But like you said no one... Could have foreseen this ;) I'm just stoked that I selected him instead of Van Berlo (unfortunately I picked Broadbent over Boak, traded him to Wingard though early in the season and is now Gibson and will be Wingard next week (had to dump Chapman as well)
My mate picked Beams, Boyd with his first 2 draft picks then he got douglas as a free agent after round 2 and he is his best elite mid now

powersuperkents

Quote from: disco1992 on June 10, 2013, 04:38:26 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on June 10, 2013, 04:28:27 PM

My mate picked Beams, Boyd with his first 2 draft picks then he got douglas as a free agent after round 2 and he is his best elite mid now
haha I was in the middle for the draft so it pretty much sucked and it was on snake  :-\ I got Beams, Murphy, Barlow, Douglas, Griffen and Zaha in the draft (pure luck as my oddball picks turned out to be my best and my top picks Beams, Murphy, Boomer (for the first 7) Stanley & Chapman etc. turned out to be my worst) and traded O'Meara in later he has been consistent and great :) Forced to pick Enright and Goodes and that worked out really well :) Plus  traded Walters, Garlett and Tom Lynch in later :) These trades saw my team go from L, W, L, D to 6 consecutive wins and a 7th this week ;D I'm honestly enjoying fantasy elite more than normal dreamteam this season because the aim isn't too get the best players possible for each position but rather fight on the waiver for a player who could either make or break your team :) It's just so exciting and my team went from the worst in the league to the best by me trading up showerheaps to oddballs which has been paying off really well :) I just hope my choice to dump Chapman this week in order to field more players doesn't come back to haunt me ;D That is so unlucky with Beams and Boyd but is was and is in the same position as me now :) You've got to admit you've gotta love fantasy elite ;) I'm really happy they brought it in this season I love the tv show 'The League' and now I can live it out in real life :)

disco1992

Quote from: powersuperkents on June 10, 2013, 05:10:01 PM]
  You've got to admit you've gotta love fantasy elite ;) I'm really happy they brought it in this season I love the tv show 'The League' and now I can live it out in real life :)
We have our own versions of shiva and the sacko. Love it

powersuperkents

Quote from: disco1992 on June 10, 2013, 05:46:01 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on June 10, 2013, 05:10:01 PM]
  You've got to admit you've gotta love fantasy elite ;) I'm really happy they brought it in this season I love the tv show 'The League' and now I can live it out in real life :)
We have our own versions of shiva and the sacko. Love it
hahahaha  :P