SUPERCOACH PLAYER RESEARCH THREAD - Taking requests for research

Started by Locinator, November 11, 2012, 11:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locinator

Just quickly,

I would prefer not to do any potential draftee's from this years draft until they actually get drafted. So please hold your requests for the future guns until the draft has happened. Thank you

Also keep the requests coming, I have too much free time on my hands at the moment

TheAnt

Do you know which games Brandon Ellis was the sub in? Or subbed off.

Locinator

Sorry about late reply. Have been on holidays lately. There is no record on the games he was sub but as far as I can see considering his stats he was the sub in only round 7

Ringo

Quote from: TheAnt on November 20, 2012, 09:37:41 PM
To provide details
Brandon Ellis was the sub for Round 7 v Sydney and Round 8 v Essendon
He was also subbed out Round 5 v West Coast and Round 9 v Hawthorn

Sabretooth Tigers

Looking at Cameron O'Shea of Port Adelaide, but can't find much so
C O'Shea of Port Adelaide please.

The_Captain

Whats the asian guy at Bulldogs name? is it Jong or something? Lin Jong i think! Could you do him please ?

cortez

If you could do Elliott Kavanagh from Essendon that would be great thanks.

Locinator

Sorry guys haven't been on lately. Will do the write-ups ASAP

Locinator

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on December 05, 2012, 06:15:34 PM
  Looking at Cameron O'Shea of Port Adelaide, but can't find much so
C O'Shea of Port Adelaide please.
Cameron O'Shea

#13   Port Adelaide Power
Height: 197cm     Weight: 84kg     Position: Defender
Last Drafted: Round 3, Pick #52 2010 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Port Adelaide Power
Fanplanner Price: 164,800

2012 Stats
   GM    K    HB    D    M    G    B    T    HO    FF    FA    DT     SC
Total    4    18    17    35    11    0    0    5    0    2    5    128    126
Average    4    4.5    4.2    8.8    2.8    0    0    1.2    0    0.5    1.2    32.0    31.5

Links
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/primus-defends-young-guns-cameron-oshea-and-ben-jacobs/story-e6freco3-1226327197227
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdyY6sb5ZJo

Kevin Sheehan says: Cameron is a tall defender with a strong work ethic and the ability to win the contested ball. He is a disciplined and determined player. He represented Vic Metro in the under-18 championships this year, averaging 16 disposals.

O’Shea debuted in the opening round of season 2011 and went on to play 18 games for the year. A hard-working and disciplined 193cm utility, he spent most of his time in defence but can also play in the midfield. He laid a total of 70 tackles and averaged 12.4 touches, his best performances coming against the Tigers (14 possessions, four marks, seven tackles, four inside 50’s and a goal) and the Demons (20 possessions and four marks and two inside 50’s).

His 2012 season was one to forget only playing 4 games because of a stress fracture in his foot making him dirt cheap this year in Supercoach

Rookie Priced Player - 8/10 - This kid showed in 2011 he could play. He is now in his third year which may suggest a breakout. Watch him closely in the pre-season and if he is healthy round 1 I would consider him really seriously

Scoring Range: 60-75

Locinator

Quote from: noto07 on December 05, 2012, 07:50:09 PM
Whats the asian guy at Bulldogs name? is it Jong or something? Lin Jong i think! Could you do him please ?
Yes its Lin Jong!! Love this guy went to my school and my best mates sister dated him. Its a small world!!

Lin Jong

#46   Western Bulldogs
Height: 188cm     Weight: 87kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #9 2011 Rookie Draft
Last Drafted By: Western Bulldogs
Fanplanner Price: $234,000

2012 Stats
GM    K    HB    D    M    G    B    T    HO    FF    FA    DT *    SC *
Total    4    32    36    68    13    1    0    4    0    7    3    227    234
Average    4    8.0    9.0    17.0    3.2    0.2    0    1.0    0    1.8    0.8    56.8    58.5

Links

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/lin-jong-elevated-to-the-western-bulldogs-senior-list/story-fnelctok-1226446852478

Emerging as a fearless competitor, Lin Jong surpassed expectations in his first AFL season to not only make his senior debut but by making a genuine impact in each of his senior games. Beginning 2012 in VFL affiliate Williamstown’s reserves, the rookie elevation proved his worth early to progress through to the senior VFL side. Adapting to a number of different positions through the midfield including run with roles, Jong was solid in his second and third efforts. He was given the ultimate chance making his senior debut in round 20 against Richmond and splayed out the remainder of the season with the Dogs.

Averaging over five tackles a game in the VFL Jong has no hesitation piling on the defensive pressure. The 19 year-old stepped up at senior level to average 17 disposals at 71% disposal efficiency, more than three marks, two one percenters and capped off the season with a goal.

Low-Midpriced Player Rating - 7/10 - This guy will be a gun in the near future but not this year. He is priced at $236k and for around that you could pick up Bock or Lecras in the forwardline who will score much more. He has been elevated to the senior list but his JS still isn't great. I'd stay away this season even though we know that he has a lot of talent.

Scoring Range: 60-70

Locinator

Quote from: Ringo on November 27, 2012, 10:20:27 PM
Quote from: TheAnt on November 20, 2012, 09:37:41 PM
To provide details
Brandon Ellis was the sub for Round 7 v Sydney and Round 8 v Essendon
He was also subbed out Round 5 v West Coast and Round 9 v Hawthorn
Sorry just saw this. Thanks Ringo for helping out

Locinator

Quote from: cortez on December 09, 2012, 10:35:06 PM
If you could do Elliott Kavanagh from Essendon that would be great thanks.
Elliott Kavanagh

#28   Essendon Bombers
Height: 185cm     Weight: 75kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #19 2011 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Essendon Bombers
Fanplanner Price: $189,500

2012 Stats

Total    1    8    5    13    4    0    0    0    0    0    0    46    26

Only played one game last year

Links
Awesome profile by Shorty3264: http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,70058.0.html

Kevin Sheahan says: Kavanagh was part of the 14th intake of the AIS/AFL Academy. He has excellent endurance and game sense. Uses the ball well, is a strong overhead mark and a good decision-maker. A real competitor who enjoys winning the contested ball.

Kavanagh a highly skilled player loomed as a top five pick back in 2010 for the 2011 national draft but a hamstring tear in August 2011 set him well back and he fell into the bombers hands at pick 19. In 2012 he played one game for the bombers coming on as the sub.

Rookie Priced Player - 5.5/10 - Bit harsh on him I know but he is at the high end of the rookie pricing at just under $190,000. Won't play much this season as he is still developing but I can almost guarantee he will be a huge scorer in the future. Don't look for him this year.

Scoring Range: 60-80

Sabretooth Tigers

;) ;)

Thanks very much Mr L. appreciate your effort and will monitor this guy very closely. Toying with the idea of going with Ablett, D Beams, P Dangerfield, T Cotchin, M Murphy and N Fyfe as a starting six in the midfield, going pretty strong in the forward line and going with only two prems in defence. The idea to score well early seemed sound until I saw a preview of the real prices in todays SC. All will depend on how the rookies go in the NAB, best of luck and thanks again.

Coochgrass

Any chance of Cameron Pederson (Melb - now Nth Melb) - thanks.

The_Captain

Quote from: Locinator on December 18, 2012, 11:03:23 AM
Quote from: noto07 on December 05, 2012, 07:50:09 PM
Yes its Lin Jong!! Love this guy went to my school and my best mates sister dated him. Its a small world!!

Lin Jong

#46   Western Bulldogs
Height: 188cm     Weight: 87kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 1, Pick #9 2011 Rookie Draft
Last Drafted By: Western Bulldogs
Fanplanner Price: $234,000

2012 Stats
Total    4    32    36    68    13    1    0    4    0    7    3    227    234
Average    4    8.0    9.0    17.0    3.2    0.2    0    1.0    0    1.8    0.8    56.8    58.5

Links

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/lin-jong-elevated-to-the-western-bulldogs-senior-list/story-fnelctok-1226446852478

Emerging as a fearless competitor, Lin Jong surpassed expectations in his first AFL season to not only make his senior debut but by making a genuine impact in each of his senior games. Beginning 2012 in VFL affiliate Williamstown’s reserves, the rookie elevation proved his worth early to progress through to the senior VFL side. Adapting to a number of different positions through the midfield including run with roles, Jong was solid in his second and third efforts. He was given the ultimate chance making his senior debut in round 20 against Richmond and splayed out the remainder of the season with the Dogs.

Averaging over five tackles a game in the VFL Jong has no hesitation piling on the defensive pressure. The 19 year-old stepped up at senior level to average 17 disposals at 71% disposal efficiency, more than three marks, two one percenters and capped off the season with a goal.

Low-Midpriced Player Rating - 7/10 - This guy will be a gun in the near future but not this year. He is priced at $236k and for around that you could pick up Bock or Lecras in the forwardline who will score much more. He has been elevated to the senior list but his JS still isn't great. I'd stay away this season even though we know that he has a lot of talent.

Scoring Range: 60-70

HAHAHA NICE.

cheers for the write up mate