You're all wrong, South Park is the best show ever... actual results here..

Started by tbagrocks, November 11, 2012, 01:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on November 12, 2012, 07:50:38 AM

Why not split it out?

Drama - Current
Drama - No Longer Airing

Comedy - Current
Comedy - No Longer Airing
That's what I had been thinking. Can't really compare a comedy to a drama and say which is better since they are aiming to do different things...

Nails

You can compare as in...

Which show you enjoyed the most...

I believe this thread was created to find the "best" show on T.V. not the best show in its genre...

Whether it's action/horror/comedy/drama, unless you're a robot you should have a show that's your FAVOURITE.

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on November 12, 2012, 08:52:56 AM
You can compare as in...

Which show you enjoyed the most...

I believe this thread was created to find the "best" show on T.V. not the best show in its genre...

Whether it's action/horror/comedy/drama, unless you're a robot you should have a show that's your FAVOURITE.

Is a good point, how about putting the winner of each category in a vote against each other?

Me? Personally I love Game of Thrones and Community at the moment. But it's hard to say which I like better because I enjoy them for different reasons.

Nails

Well if it came down to the genre winners vs. each other... wouldn't matter anyway Oss...

Scrubs wins best comedy ;)

Ringo

Do not know Nials I would still put some of the British Comdey shows ahead of scrubs - Shows like Yes Minister, On The Buses, Love thy Neighbour, Benny Hill show abd Dave Allen at Large to name a few. Mash and Hogan's Heroes would be up there as well.

Nails

But not enough older voters to get them across the line or enough younger ones who are into those shows IMO Ringo :X

T Dog

Quote from: Nails on November 12, 2012, 09:48:16 AM
But not enough older voters to get them across the line or enough younger ones who are into those shows IMO Ringo :X
Quote from: Ringo on November 12, 2012, 09:43:50 AM
Do not know Nials I would still put some of the British Comdey shows ahead of scrubs - Shows like Yes Minister, On The Buses, Love thy Neighbour, Benny Hill show abd Dave Allen at Large to name a few. Mash and Hogan's Heroes would be up there as well.

they get my vote  8)

Nails

But you suck T Dog  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

EDIT: Hope my above (not this one) post wasn't at all offensive

I meant... not as many people on this forum were watching those shows when they were big as there were people who've watched Scrubs etc. on this forum.

T Dog

Quote from: Nails on November 12, 2012, 09:57:40 AM
But you suck T Dog  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Its nice to be noticed Nails  ;D

Ringo

Agree nails but with a lot of these shows now getting time on Gem, Mate and 11 some of the younger viewers may get a chance to see good clean comedy. Note Kingswood Country is now getting a run on Mate.

stew42

Quote from: Ringo on November 12, 2012, 09:43:50 AM
As an 18yo, I would definitely vote for Yes Minister and MASH. But then I think that dubstep isn't music and that Queen is the best :)

valkorum

kilbluff1985

valkorum

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 12, 2012, 01:52:19 PM
Quote from: valkorum on November 12, 2012, 01:49:58 PM
Sons of Anarchy
The Wire

yeah The Wire is an awesome show

Other worthy mentions are:
Game of Thrones
Rome
The Sopranos
Spartacus
Entourage
Spicks and Specks
Breaking Bad

Potential to be good:
Vegas
Arrow
Camelot (if it had of gone on longer than 1 season)

Nails

Boxing Day Test is a good tv show

Grand Final Day good tv show.

Best TV short would be Melbourne cup.