Main Menu

VFL vs SANFL vs WAFL

Started by TeeJay, November 11, 2012, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 11, 2012, 01:01:36 AM
Just basically what Sid has been saying, the VFL has not always been the dominant league and at times other leagues were in fact better standard, and to Say Barrie Robran cannot be compaired against the best because he didn't play the best is stupid and irrational which is why I respond the way I do.

I said you were bias for Victoria but I never said you were Victorian, btw where are you from?

When though? No one has answered me still! Between what years or decades was the sanfl or wafl of better standard than the vfl? Please enlighten me as my Australian rules football knowledge must be way off!

I was born in qld, moved to nsw when I was 10 untill I was 15 and have since lived in nearly every state in the country since 1980
Vic, 12 years
Sa, 5 years
Tas, a year
w.a, a year
Qld 10 years

Now been back in vic the past 4

AFEV

TeeJay

Quote from: Sid on November 11, 2012, 01:18:49 AM
Quote from: TeeJay on November 11, 2012, 01:14:07 AM
When though? No one has answered me still!
I did...?

The wafl was better than the vfl for a period after word war 2? Thats what your argument is based on? Unbelievable

tbagrocks

Quote from: TeeJay on November 11, 2012, 01:23:49 AM
I did...?

The wafl was better than the vfl for a period after word war 2? Thats what your argument is based on? Unbelievable
Still just based on opinions, which is all your argument is as well, you can't prove the VFL has always been supirior it's just your opinion, and most good football experts know this is just not true

TeeJay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 11, 2012, 01:26:35 AM
Quote from: TeeJay on November 11, 2012, 01:23:49 AM
I did...?

Still just based on opinions, which is all your argument is as well, you can't prove the VFL has always been supirior it's just your opinion, and most good football experts know this is just not true

How is it just my opinion?? Zip backed everything up with statistics. Take a look through the state of origin and state vs state history. They have been playing each other football games since 1879. Victoria have dominated from the start.

tbagrocks

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 11, 2012, 12:38:23 AM
I love sports statistics as much as the next guy but leave the statistics to those boring bureaucracts, although Victoria did have a superior S.O.O record which favors your arguement, statistics are floored

Wayne Carey and Gary Ablett never won a brownlow and yet Shane woewodin did :o Dennis lillee isn't even Australia's second leading wicket taker, Don Bradman isn't the leading run scorer. Phar Lap only won one Melbourne cup and Kingston Town never got there. Ayrton Senna didn't win the most races. Tiger Woods hasn't won the most Majors.

Get the point?

Serious Experts, so past great players and coaches without the sarcastic bias of a BT, Know that the WAFL and SANFL have been in times as good or better than the VFL, you might say Gary Ablett or a Ted Whitten were the greatest players but did you ever see Barrie Robran?
As I already stated, statistics are for bureaucrats! Was Ricciuto better than Andrew McLoed? No but McLoed didn't win a brownlow, along with Goodwin all three won three Malcome Blight Medals, so are they then equal players? People will tell you McLoed was better, but others will say it was Roo

It comes down to opinion, statistics say Port Adelaide have won more league Premierships than anyone else in the country does this make them the best team in history? Statistics mean squat when compating different leagues,

What about the run of wins SA had over Victoria in the 80/90s does this mean they were better? State of origin is extreamely passionate and like in a football world cup or champions league, you get upsets. It's not always the team with the best players (still opinion on who was best) that wins origin games, pride gets in the way!

TeeJay

Omfg ??? You are just impossible.
If a clear dominance by victoria over 100 years carved out in the record books cant convince you of something then nothing will.
What domimance? Vic beat s.a more times through the 80's and 90's as well mate. I have read through everything over everything just to make sure

TeeJay

And need i remind you that the majority of the s.a state of origin players were playing in the vfl in the 80's

tbagrocks

Quote from: TeeJay on November 11, 2012, 01:51:14 AM
If a clear dominance by victoria over 100 years carved out in the record books cant convince you of something then nothing will.
What domimance? Vic beat s.a more times through the 80's and 90's as well mate. I have read through everything over everything just to make sure
Clearly you don't get it and you are stuck on facts as being proof, if you cannot see as I have proven that statistics and facts don't allow for things like: Pride, emotion, opinion,

Stats will show Roo won the Coleman but clearly Buddy and Tex were better forwards this year, open your flowering eyes

TeeJay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 11, 2012, 01:57:45 AM
Quote from: TeeJay on November 11, 2012, 01:51:14 AM
Clearly you don't get it and you are stuck on facts as being proof, if you cannot see as I have proven that statistics and facts don't allow for things like: Pride, emotion, opinion,

Stats will show Roo won the Coleman but clearly Buddy and Tex were better forwards this year, open your flowering eyes

Ok so over 100 years of victoria dominating the state of origin thats not because they were better that was because of emotion?

& jack won the coleman because he played 22 games and those guys didnt mate? No one said hes better than buddy  ???

tbagrocks

But that's the thing, the records won't show that Buddy and Tex (yep if Taylor played 22 games he would have won the Coleman) did not play 22 games and therefore didn't win the Coleman, no, only Jack Riewoldt won it and only Jack's name will be there. But people who witnessed the 2012 season will know (opinion) that Jack was not the best forward for the year!

TeeJay

Yeah ok mate and sydney shouldnt be premiers because they werent the best team this year its just written in the record books.
And geelong werent the best team last year, collingwood were so the grandfinal means nothing.
Watson shouldnt have won the brownlow because ablett played more better games than him but played in a worse side.

Do you see how ridiculous you sound?

The records are all that are remembered at the end of the day when talking about things like tht.
When comparing 2 leagues in an era we never saw all we have are the raw facts to base it on! Its not like it was neck and neck... Vic DOMINATED for 100 years. Theres no way around that mate its written right there for all to see! No opinion can overturn a dominance by one state. If it was even people could argue either way but there is nothing to argue when its a one sided affair surely??

tbagrocks

Still your opinion that Sydney weren't the best, once you take out the media hype around the Victorians for 2012 Sydney were pretty dam impressive, same can be said for Geelong, and also opinion that Jobe wasn't the best, some think he was, again opinion

This riddiculous notion that the VFL was always the best for 100 years is stupid and juvenile, not sure if you're trolling or what but yours is just an opinion and most good football judges will disagree, or at least agree that at times in the 1900s, the WAFL and SANFL were at least as good, if not better than the VFL, stop trying to prove otherwise it's just getting silly and you are just plain wrong

TeeJay

How am I wrong? Omg!
It is written for all to see. How can victoria DOMINATE s.a for nealry 100 years and that be wrong to you?? It makes no sense at all mate. Al numbers and stas aside.... They dominated! The vfl atracted the best players from the country from day one, it got stronger and stronger as the years went on. These are not opinions, they are facts!

tbagrocks

Despite your outrageous accusation, the poll shows 6 people say the VFL was the best, I'm not argueing against that, but 6 others think that it wasn't so now it's a 50/50 that the VFL was even the best league, how them apples grab ya ;)

Argentina have the best players in the world but they can't win a world cup, Italy did recently but everyone knows they are not in the top three leagues in Europe atm, the Premier League might be one of if not the best league but England don't get close in the World cup. Your arguement is floored man!