Main Menu

Star Wars Episodes 7, 8 and 9.

Started by Nails, November 10, 2012, 01:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Is anyone looking forward to these Star Wars movies that will be coming out in the future?

I'm not a huuuge star wars fan, but didn't mind watching the movies.

Not sure what to think of 7, 8 and 9 that are going to come out though. I could've sworn it had ended at 6 :O

AFEV

There are enough books to make more movies, but I have no faith in Disney/Lucas to do this well.

Can't say I'm happy. :-\

BratPack

Ziplock

I'm not going to lie, I'm interested to see what's going to happen. The biggest issue with lucas writing/ direction, is he's got awesome visual flair/ artistic input, but plot wise he's pretty weak. I'd wait until the movies come out before I cast judgement.

Toga

:o i hadn't heard about new movies!

haven't watched any of the movies for about 5 years now, but i'd probably go see new ones. not expecting anything big though, idk where they could go with the plot from where it ended...

Cicjose

need to have the story arc of Han Solo's kids to make me want to watch them

stew42

Oscar-winning writer Michael Arndt, who penned Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine will write the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII.
http://www.starwars.com/news/michael-arndt-to-write-screenplay-for-star-wars-episode-vii.html

kilbluff1985

Torpedo10

Mr.Craig

Any one interested in Star Wars should definitely check out George's first film, THX 1138 -

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/thx_1138/

Hopefully they can pull off something that stands the test of time but I won't be holding my breath, particularly now that Disney have their grubby little hands on it.

Ziplock

disney's made some great movies.

and some really bad ones :P

but like, decent non-animated movies: Mary Poppins, Pirates of the caribbean, remember the titans, the narnia stuff were ok, cool runnings (but can lightning run on ice?!?!)

those are some of the ones I've seen. Albeit, they haven't ventured into non-animated scifi... they own pixar though, and movies like wall-e,  monsters inc, the incredibles are almost sci fi-ish, and are all really good for what they're intended to do.

Not going to lie, I'm talking myself into looking forward to this :P

LF

not interested at all I love the 3 original movies,have never seen the 3 newer ones and don`t intend to.

tbagrocks

Quote from: luvfooty on November 10, 2012, 06:06:26 PM
not interested at all I love the 3 original movies,have never seen the 3 newer ones and don`t intend to.
There were three great movies made, then some idiot thought he could add to it, well get stuffed

BB67th

I remember that Lucas originally planned for 12 movies, but then cut it down to only 6.

From all reports it seems that the storyline for the new 3 movies will be completely new and most likely horrible. Disney will not do a good job at this.

Toga

Quote from: BB67th on November 10, 2012, 06:48:05 PM
I remember that Lucas originally planned for 12 movies, but then cut it down to only 6.

From all reports it seems that the storyline for the new 3 movies will be completely new and most likely horrible. Disney will not do a good job at this.

yeah just out of interest I googled it and it the plot that this article was talking about sounded outright shower... i'll probably still watch it anyway, don't have too high expectations of it though  :-\