Main Menu

FanFooty Get Together Take II

Started by c4v3m4n, November 09, 2012, 08:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Reading through this thread gave me an idea...

Last year, our esteemed member Marcz had discussed about holding a FanFooty get together/meet and greet/conference/piss up call it what you will.

:( Unfortunately this never eventuated, but I am determined to see this one through as I'd love to have the opportunity to meet the varying characters of this great online community. I may relive to regret that statement. :P

So, this is what I am proposing.

Come 2013 at some point, we hold a FanFooty Get Together, where everyone has the chance to meet each other, have a few laughs, and catch a game of AFL together somewhere.

Now there are lot of things that need to be organised for this to work, so to get us started, I'm going to hold a series of polls in the coming months to start seriously organising this should enough people wish to.

Poll #1: Expression of Interest. Open 9/11/2012 - 31/11/2012.

If a FanFooty Get Together was planned, would you be interested?

Poll #2: National or Regional? Open 1/12/2012 - 31/12/2012.

Would you prefer to hold have a large national get together or smaller regional ones ie. Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney?

Final Poll: Dates. Open 1/1/2013 - 31/1/2013.

When should the get-together(s) be held?

Hopefully by the 1st of February, we'll have an idea of where and when so people can starting planning for this if they need to travel interstate.

Really hope that people can get behind this as I'd really like the opportunity to meet some of you in person. :)

kilbluff1985

i like the idea but meeting so many people at once is not really for me

Capper

Yeh mate keen as. Will probably plan a trip down to Melbourne some time next year to watch the Swans play

Spinking

Would be keen. It's funny that I talk to you blokes more often than some of my mates, but it's weird thinking of meeting in real life. :)

Ringo

Do not get to Melbourne much at all but if it is the right weekened may do.

Thinking of seeing if we can get a group of Qld FF Members to the Pies game on 31st May or Blues game the Saturday before at the Gabba.  Let me know if interested.

Mr.Craig

Going OS early next year so probably won't have the cash to travel interstate any time soon but I wouldn't mind meeting some of the Adelaide lads. :)

Justin Bieber

Yeah probably won't be going to Melbourne or around there... so if you want to meet me, come to Brisbane :P

valkorum

I dont get over to Melb much anymore and with the impending arrival of my son in February I wont be travelling much after that.  Happy to have a Perth get together if others are keen.

Ziplock

I'm keen.

no reason why we shouldn't be able to do both the  national and local meet ups hypothetically?

I've never been to melbourne before, and that's where I presume it'll be, so I'm up for it :P

Master Q

You should add a poll for what names everyone should call each other  :P People would be pretty freaked out when they hear us calling each other completely random names  :P

How are ya Ziplock
not bad, have you seen Kellogscrunchynut anywhere?

Nails

I get that we're meeting @ the footy because this is the footy....

but there's probably already a vast number of members going to the boxing day test and in the future could be a good meeting date/even (based on past experiences ;) )

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Master Q on November 09, 2012, 11:25:11 PM
You should add a poll for what names everyone should call each other  :P People would be pretty freaked out when they hear us calling each other completely random names  :P

How are ya Ziplock

I figured that when we all met up, we'd hand out name badges with username and real name on them to identify who is who.

Quote from: Nails on November 09, 2012, 11:25:46 PM
I get that we're meeting @ the footy because this is the footy....

but there's probably already a vast number of members going to the boxing day test and in the future could be a good meeting date/even (based on past experiences ;) )

Who is going to the Boxing Day test? :o

Ziplock

How are ya Ziplock

it'd be 10x more confusing to try and call people by their real names and link it to them on FF.

I say just FF name tags.

Master Q

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 09, 2012, 11:29:14 PM

How are ya Ziplock

I figured that when we all met up, we'd hand out name badges with username and real name on them to identify who is who.
So organised you are  :P

I'll be at the boxing day test Nails, only problem is, 1st day is so packed. A later day (I usually go 2-3 days) would be awesome.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Master Q on November 09, 2012, 11:30:41 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 09, 2012, 11:29:14 PM

How are ya Ziplock

So organised you are  :P

I'll be at the boxing day test Nails, only problem is, 1st day is so packed. A later day (I usually go 2-3 days) would be awesome.

Day 3 is usually a good day to go on.