Low Score:   52    31
Standard Dev:  28.8   28.1
Starting Price:499,800   N/A
High Price:508,900   N/A
Low Price:417,400   N/A
Fanplanner:485,500   N/A

Club   Position   Drafted   Height   Weight   Age
Port Adelaide Power   Def/Mid   #4 ND '08   185 cm   83 kg   22

Hamish Hartlett has shot into SuperCoach contention following the announcement he will he available for selection in the backline for 2013. I'm still sceptical, I think that durability might be an issue and his bye (rd 11) comes at an awkward time.

Whether he can string a full season together is still unknown, if his soft tissue injuries persist then he could soon become a liability. Being a Port Adelaide player adds risk as well, with the point cap and the limited success that Port will likely experience in the coming seasons carrying there players may well turn out poorly more often than it goes well.

Hamish is still one of few defenders that averaged 90 this season, and with ample room for improvement he could prove a valuable asset should his body hold up. He could easily average over 100, and 100+ averaging defenders is an exclusive group if ever there was one.

Probably not at this stage. His bye round conflicts with my strategy and given his history with injuries he isn't a must have for me.

Prediction +7 98.

Jroo

Will definitely consider Hartlett now that he has his DPP. Will be out of him, Hanley and Broughton for my premium defender

Hagebear

Yeh it's Hartlett v Hanley fighting it out for me. Injury prone v inconsistancy. Leaning towards Harts at this stage. Now with DPP I think he's too good not to take the risk on.

Dudge

Dpp makes him a lot more attractive-but i'm a bit bias. If he wasn't quite as injury prone he'd be close to a lock for me

ronl

Not concerned with his bye situation, but his medical history is a cause for concern.  I may be tempted if he puts in a solid pre-season.

quinny88

Must be due for some good luck in the injury department.
Not sure how I will structure my team up yet but if I need a round 11 bye defender, he certainly comes into consideration

Rowy

If he is DPP he will be the first defender that i pick. If he is only centre i might still pick him as a POD. He is a quality player who will have his breakout year as IMO Port Captain.

Hagebear

Quote from: Rowy on November 08, 2012, 02:16:34 PM
If he is DPP he will be the first defender that i pick. If he is only centre i might still pick him as a POD. He is a quality player who will have his breakout year as IMO Port Captain.

Wow u would have to be one brave man to pick HH in the mids?

quinny88

Quote from: Hagebear on November 08, 2012, 04:06:40 PM
Quote from: Rowy on November 08, 2012, 02:16:34 PM

Wow u would have to be one brave man to pick HH in the mids?

Brave or foolish? lol

Dont think he is anywhere near up to the standard to be considered in the midfield just yet

ronl

Rowy

You might be correct Quinny, but he would be a unique POD. I'm still just playing with ideas to try and gain an advantage.

tbagrocks

Well I believe he is Port's most talanted player, and if he has a full pre-season and plays 20 odd games he could do a Beams/Cotchen/Dangerfield quite easily, I think that is the thing about him, it's an if.

muzzasmaulers

how do you find out who has now got ddp for 2013 and is it official with hamish

Adamant

Quote from: muzzasmaulers on November 10, 2012, 12:15:24 PM
how do you find out who has now got ddp for 2013 and is it official with hamish

Glenn Luff from Champion Data has confirmed Hartlett with DPP on his twitter page: https://twitter.com/Lumpy0305

Hagebear

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 10, 2012, 11:51:35 AM
Well I believe he is Port's most talanted player, and if he has a full pre-season and plays 20 odd games he could do a Beams/Cotchen/Dangerfield quite easily, I think that is the thing about him, it's an if.

I agree Tbag but I can't see him getting to that level for probably another 3 years.