Main Menu

Tanking the Round 13 bye

Started by Toga, November 07, 2012, 12:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

nostradamus

Last season l did plan for the bye rounds but through injury, suspension and "resting" my plans went totally out the window.

At the start of the byes l was ranked 1532 and by the end of them l was 2878 ouch!!

l ended the year with a rank of 953 overall, so it makes me wonder how things might have gone if not for the carnage of rnds 11, 12 & 13

One thing thats worth keeping in mind is that with only our 18 top scorers counting this year during the byes it'll lessen the pain alot

owenbond007

Quote from: nostradamus on January 05, 2013, 07:41:03 PM
Last season l did plan for the bye rounds but through injury, suspension and "resting" my plans went totally out the window.

At the start of the byes l was ranked 1532 and by the end of them l was 2878 ouch!!

l ended the year with a rank of 953 overall, so it makes me wonder how things might have gone if not for the carnage of rnds 11, 12 & 13

One thing thats worth keeping in mind is that with only our 18 top scorers counting this year during the byes it'll lessen the pain alot

should be a lot easier to manage with only 18 to field. Same happened to me losing waters, pendles, scotland, plus a vouple more took me from 90th to around 500th.

Think if you can keep a even mix before bye rounds, with the extra trades you can trade hard with sideways and come out ranking higher if you plan right.

nostradamus

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 05, 2013, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on January 05, 2013, 07:41:03 PM

should be a lot easier to manage with only 18 to field. Same happened to me losing waters, pendles, scotland, plus a vouple more took me from 90th to around 500th.

Think if you can keep a even mix before bye rounds, with the extra trades you can trade hard with sideways and come out ranking higher if you plan right.

totally agree......but l wont be doing the sideways stuff unless l have plenty of trades up my sleeve (which we all should have with getting 30 this year), beacause l really want to have some trades left come finals time. This will be my 3rd fantasy season and l havent had any left for finals yet, so its a strong focus for me this time