Buddy Franklin

Started by DT-SC, November 04, 2012, 02:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S_Coach99

What are peoples thought on the Fremantle end of year trade thing looming for Buddy - media gunna be all over it this season unless he signs a deal with Hawthorn.

Not to compare him to Cloke as a player, but we all say Cloke obviously effected by speculation of a potential big cash move.

Will it be Buddy this year? will his men be trying to drive up his dollar at Hawthorn so he can make the choice between the two at the end of the year (even though it won't come close to 1.5 mil)

Will it effect his game? Or will it not because he's better than Cloke...

Dudge

It would feel a little strange looking at my 2013 round 1 team, and seeing no Buddy upfront. At this stage he's a starter for me, but ive' at least got 6748  more versions of that round one team to come, so who know's :-\

meow meow

Buddy thrives on the attention. In 2008 he was everywhere, and it was his most productive year.

Hawka

Quote from: meow meow on November 05, 2012, 11:35:09 AM
Buddy thrives on the attention. In 2008 he was everywhere, and it was his most productive year.
I agree. nothing like Cloke
I hope we sign him ASAP but i wouldnt expect buddy to have a bad year due to attention

Heppell21

Buddy is a lock. Price is so cheap. I am going to take a punt for sure. :o
Underpriced from the 13 goal performance. 8)

Shihan7

Quote from: Heppell21 on November 07, 2012, 06:11:20 PM
Buddy is a lock. Price is so cheap. I am going to take a punt for sure. :o
Underpriced from the 13 goal performance. 8)
Agreed ::)

The_Captain

Everyone who doesn't have him will regret it when he pumps out a big 200 plus game again!

Chelskiman

This may sound crazy, seeing as Buddy has just about been my first picked Forward for as long as I can remember, but with the the likes of Rocky and Thomas getting DPP is Buddy a lock right away?  At the moment I'm rolling with Stevie J, Dusty, Rocky and Thomas and then rookies.  The extra cash I gained I've thrown straight into my mids which is a powerful looking mid set up right now (Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Watson and Pendles).  I will most likely tinker around countless times before it gets to the serious stuff, but to re-cap the point of this thread, are you going to lock Buddy from the start or not?

Jukes

Haven't had buddy in my side all pre-season and he probably won't find himself in there.

Without the 204 he averaged 94. Unless he gets another goliath score I can only see him averaging approximately 97 (not counting on other variables such as more midfield time or injuries).

Rockliff will go 104-110.
Daisy will go about 100.
Stevie J will go early 100s.

Heck, I can see Cloke averaging the same as Buddy for a lot less $$$.

And not going buddy is a great POD from all the fools who pick him on name/reputation alone.

/rant

Mr.Craig

According to this...

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69853.0.html

a good chunk of coaches won't be starting him.

Toga

i don't think i'll be starting with him either ;)

tbagrocks

Yeah I'm getting a problem wanting Rock, Daisy, Dusty (is he proves commited), Christensen, Matt Wright
  (all under priced imo)

May not start with Buddy or ... even ... the great man :o

SydneyRox

Buddy Started last year @ $502k and I remember having the same conversations.

After scores of 130,72,118,76 and 71 to start the year he was at $435k where he was for about 4 weeks, which coincidentally is what he finished the year on as well.

Seems to me @ $521k he is well overpriced.

Chelskiman

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 19, 2012, 05:05:07 PM

After scores of 130,72,118,76 and 71 to start the year he was at $435k where he was for about 4 weeks, which coincidentally is what he finished the year on as well.

I'll jump on at some stage no doubt, but I agree, he does seem a little overpriced.  When he comes down 100k (or more) in price is when I'll be jumping on I think.  He is a great player when he's in fire (obviously that 200 is proof) but he gives away far too many free kicks and he's likely to miss games through suspension.  He'll be top six forwards, but I don't think he's a certain lock to start a season with anymore.  Of course, people say the same about the likes of Swan and Gazza and I laugh at them, so Buddy is likely to come out and average 130 over the first five rounds, lol.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Chelskiman on December 19, 2012, 05:31:32 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on December 19, 2012, 05:05:07 PM

He'll be top six forwards, but I don't think he's a certain lock to start a season with anymore. 

Do you think so? He finished 26 last year in DT. (#4 in Avg/rnd for Fwd though)

Hasnt played a full 22 games since 2008.

That is the difference in the same arguments on GAJ and Swan is that they finished at #2 and #7 scorers in the mids. And their overall price didnt really change from start to end of season. So it is a little bit of pot luck not picking one and hoping they have a bad patch to try and make $30k - Which was the biggest drop of either Swan/GAJ last year