Main Menu

Swans vs Hawks rematch

Started by Ziplock, November 04, 2012, 01:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Quote from: My Chumps on November 04, 2012, 08:47:54 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on November 04, 2012, 04:10:30 PM
Lol sydney arent that far ahead of the pack. They had a great season but could easily slip back down to around 5th or 6th next year. They are never a certainty anywhere accept at the scg. They deffinetley wont play in the nab cup gf. They have never cared about it and never will.
Wins the grand final

Still underated  ::)
We love it...

My Chumps

Quote from: stew42 on November 04, 2012, 08:51:26 PM
Lol sydney arent that far ahead of the pack. They had a great season but could easily slip back down to around 5th or 6th next year. They are never a certainty anywhere accept at the scg. They deffinetley wont play in the nab cup gf. They have never cared about it and never will.
Wins the grand final

We love it...
Very true!

elephants

I noticed that WCE paying $8 for the flag.

Free money!

Ziplock

TeeJay

Quote from: My Chumps on November 04, 2012, 08:53:26 PM
Wins the grand final

We love it...
Very true!

Be honest, none of you saw that premiership coming at the start of the year..
Sydney were predicted to slip but instead they had a great year and managed to get to the last day in septmber and win it. At no point throughout the year did sydney look like the best side or unbeatable though. They can be beaten by almost any team away from the scg

stew42

We also knew that we would always be underdogs...

My Chumps

Quote from: TeeJay on November 05, 2012, 12:14:52 AM
Wins the grand final

We love it...
Very true!

Sydney were predicted to slip but instead they had a great year and managed to get to the last day in septmber and win it. At no point throughout the year did sydney look like the best side or unbeatable though. They can be beaten by almost any team away from the scg
You're kidding me!
We lost against Hawthorn at the SCG but beat them at Aurora and the MCG... Didn't play a final at the SCG, but still beat Adelaide and Collingwood so we beat every other team in the top four AWAY from the SCG.

"Managed to get to the last day in September..." Right... that's not underselling our season at all. You're kidding yourself if you think we weren't one of the top 2 teams this year. We proved that we are.

Capper

Quote from: My Chumps on November 05, 2012, 01:57:28 PM
Wins the grand final

We love it...
Very true!

You're kidding me!
We lost against Hawthorn at the SCG but beat them at Aurora and the MCG... Didn't play a final at the SCG, but still beat Adelaide and Collingwood so we beat every other team in the top four AWAY from the SCG.

"Managed to get to the last day in September..." Right... that's not underselling our season at all. You're kidding yourself if you think we weren't one of the top 2 teams this year. We proved that we are.
at the start of the year most people were predicting the Swans to finish outside the 8, i thought that we had a chance to finish in the top 4, and easily the top 8. Didnt see the crows coming. I didnt think we would be the minor premiers as we had tough games to finish

You only have to make the GF to be a chance to win it and we did.

TeeJay

Quote from: tabs on November 05, 2012, 02:02:52 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on November 05, 2012, 01:57:28 PM
Wins the grand final

We love it...
Very true!

You're kidding me!

at the start of the year most people were predicting the Swans to finish outside the 8, i thought that we had a chance to finish in the top 4, and easily the top 8. Didnt see the crows coming. I didnt think we would be the minor premiers as we had tough games to finish

You only have to make the GF to be a chance to win it and we did.

Sydney also lost to st.kilda and richmond. Good on them for winning the gf, they deserved it im not taking that away from them. Im just saying they arent a dominant top side that teams fear playing. They could very well slip back down the ladder to the bottom half of the 8 next year

Mailman the 2nd

There's next to no chance that they'll slip out of the top 8.

They had major injuries to Goodes and Mumford. People thought without them Sydney would be next to useless (even I thought we'd be in trouble)

But Sydney have shown that they are in the elite of AFL teams by the fact they beat every top 8 team. Sure they lost to Richmond and St.Kilda, but only one of those will be a threat next year.

I'm not saying Sydney are the all out favourites, that should go to Hawthorn. But they've shown they're easily a top 2 side in the competition.

My Chumps

We lost to the Saints and Tigers pretty early in the season.
Definetly improved as the season went on.

I'm just going to have to disagree with you here TJ...

TeeJay

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 05, 2012, 09:21:40 PM

They had major injuries to Goodes and Mumford. People thought without them Sydney would be next to useless (even I thought we'd be in trouble)

But Sydney have shown that they are in the elite of AFL teams by the fact they beat every top 8 team. Sure they lost to Richmond and St.Kilda, but only one of those will be a threat next year.

I'm not saying Sydney are the all out favourites, that should go to Hawthorn. But they've shown they're easily a top 2 side in the competition.

I said slip to the bottom half of the top 8. Dont think sydney will ever slip out of the 8 all together lol.
My intention isnt to bag sydney or say they are undeserving. Im simply stating that I dont think they are as unbeatable as some of the other top teams when they are on a roll. They had a great year but still remain vulnerable in melbourne and away from the scg

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: TeeJay on November 05, 2012, 11:06:46 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 05, 2012, 09:21:40 PM

I said slip to the bottom half of the top 8. Dont think sydney will ever slip out of the 8 all together lol.
My intention isnt to bag sydney or say they are undeserving. Im simply stating that I dont think they are as unbeatable as some of the other top teams when they are on a roll. They had a great year but still remain vulnerable in melbourne and away from the scg

Wups my bad.

Fair enough, we aren't guaranteed a top 4 spot, although we have a fairly easy draw so I reckon its pretty likely that we'll be up there again