Main Menu

Phantom Draft - First Round Prediction

Started by Demon_131, November 03, 2012, 10:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon_131

Thought'd i'd put in my opinion. (Note - I am going to assume that the Crows first round pick will be taken from them. I also think that the Demons will lose their #4 pick but will keep it in this phantom draft based on uncertainty. I will also assume that Kurt Tippet is available in the ND) (I won't be putting any info on the players as by now you would have read up on some of the great by Tom, Mr.Craig and many others)

#1 - Lachie Whitfield - GWS

#2 - Jimmy Toumpas - GWS

#3 - Jonathan O'Rourke - GWS

#4 - Oliver Wines - Melbourne

#5 - Jake Stringer - Western Bulldogs

#6 - Sam Mayes - Western Bulldogs

#7 - Brodie Grundy - Port Adelaide

#8 - Kristian Jaksch - Brisbane

#9 - Jackson Macrae - Richmond

#10 - Joe Daniher - Essendon

#11 - Tanner Smith - Carlton

#12 - Kurt Tippett - GWS

#13 - Lachie Plowman - Gold Coast

#14 - Tom Clurey - GWS

#15 - Ben Kennedy - North Melbourne

#16 - Nick Vlastuin - Geelong

#17 - Mason Shaw - Fremantle

#18 - Tim Membrey - Collingwood

#19 - Troy Menzel - Collingwood

#20 - Dayle Garlett - Collingwood

#21 - Nathan Hrovat - Western Bulldogs

#22 - Spencer White - Sydney

5 impressive early second rounders (Some could very well be first round but i think will slip) (There are others but i chose not to mention them)

- Sam Colquhoun
- Josh Simpson
- Dean Towers
- Shane Nelson
- Liam McBean

kilbluff1985

Tippett wont last that long.

Neither will Grundy lol.

Doubt Plowman will go that late also.

Demon_131

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 03, 2012, 10:03:29 PM
Tippett wont last that long.

Neither will Grundy lol.

Doubt Plowman will go that late also.

In my opinion all are possible.

- Not too many clubs will have room for Tippett (GWS, Sydney, Carlton... maybe one or two others. I also think that Carlton will not attempt to grab him due to him wanting to be in Sydney, hence GWS or Sydney. I can see GWS getting him about mid round though just in case any of the later clubs try)

- If GWS do not take him (Which will probably be only if they do not get or plan on getting Tippett), then Melbourne have signalled they want a midfielder, i highly doubt they would take him. Bulldogs do not need anymore rucks at the club and have a lot of interest in Stringer, Mayes, O'Rourke and Macrae. Hence my logic behind him landing at Port.

- Plowman, well it depends on who wants a KPD after the obvious high pick players are gone. For me it was either Carlton, GWS, GC or Brisbane. Both Brisbane and Carlton need support at the other end, so they will be more likely to pick KPP's that can play at both ends (Smith and Jaksch), then obviously GWS will want Tippett etc. although if they do want him bad enough he could go at 3).

All just opinion and speculation on my behalf though, we all have our opinions.  :)

kilbluff1985

I think Brisbane would take Tippett if he is available at pick 8 they did offer pick 8 for him last year i believe so they must think he is worth it.

Demon_131

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 03, 2012, 10:17:15 PM
I think Brisbane would take Tippett if he is available at pick 8 they did offer pick 8 for him last year i believe so they must think he is worth it.

Would they still have the space in their cap for him?

kilbluff1985

Amon Buchanan
Josh Drummond
Ben Hudson

All retired so i think they would.

BB67th

Can Tippett actually nominate for the National Draft though? Has he officially been delisted yet with all the salary cap investigation and everything? I may be wrong (and probably am) but I believe that I read somewhere that he can only nominate for the pre-season draft.

Ziplock

he might be forced to nominate for national, in which case GWS will use pick 3 on him, but only if they have his guarantee that he'll stay.  Otherwise we would wait to 12 and lions would take him

grundy will be going top 3 for giants as well.

if he nominates pre-season, we'd probs grab him.

Toga

yeah i don't see GWS taking O'Rourke at Pick 3, they have showerloads of young midfielders already (add toumpas and whitfield onto that), I see them going with Grundy or a KPP like Plowman or Smith with Pick 3 I think

Justin Bieber

You have O'Rourke at 3, whereas I get him our Phantom draft at 13 :o

Tominator

Whitfield, Toumpas, Grundy will be top 3 IMO

Wines to Melbourne at Pick 4 is the general view of everybody almost, and Stringer to the Dogs at 5 or 6 is the same. That sixth pick will probably be O'Rourke, Jaksch, Plowman or Mayes... having said that I have Jaksch at Pick 22  ::)