Main Menu

FanFooty Season Predictor 2013

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2012, 10:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on November 16, 2012, 01:13:51 PM
richmond and melbourne are both going to make the 8.

just saying :P

I'd love for you to be right on both qcounts Zippy! :D

Ziplock

I guess adelaide will be the unlucky ones pushed out....

when they get stripped of their 2013 premiership points :P

quinny88

Due to a high number of requests and interest I will be running polls for the bottom 10 of the ladder straight after the Brownlow medal poll is complete. Cheers :)

quinny88

The poor old doggies have been voted the team to win the wooden spoon!
Vote now for who you think will take out the 2013 Coleman medal herel

Jay

loving your effort here Quinny :) will be interesting to see how accurate we get!

quinny88

Thanks mate :) Yea should be very interesting. Think the FanFooty public are pretty good judges of their footy from what ive gathered so far so this will put it to the test

TeeJay

Quote from: Jayman on November 21, 2012, 09:18:10 PM
loving your effort here Quinny :) will be interesting to see how accurate we get!

+1 clever thread quinny88 ive enjoyed voting and seeing the results of each poll.

TeeJay

Mods shoud sticky this so we can look over it throughout the season

quinny88

Decided not to go with polls for the bottom 10. I think the 8 is enough and its not all that interesting to see where the teams outside of that will finish except the spoon and maybe 9th.

This thread has been stickied so that we can refer to it over the season and see how we are going!
Cheers to everyone that voted and got involved :)

Hawks_1976

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or not, but this is my preseason ladder prediction for 2013.

1. Hawthorn
2. Sydney
3. West Coast
4. Collingwood
5. Adelaide
6. Richmond
7. Fremantle
8. Brisbane
9. Carlton
10. Essendon
11. North Melbourne
12. Geelong
13. Gold Coast
14. Melbourne
15. St.Kilda
16. Western Bulldogs
17. GWS
18. Port Adelaide

Predicting a grand final replay of 2012. Hawks have the most to prove, may have been a little arrogant last year. One last tilt for the bloods with the 300+ gamers in their last season.
West Coast would need to finish top 2 to make the grand final and are every chance to if they stay injury free.
Collingwood still a quality unit but they seem to lack the killer blow?
Richmond the big improvers, their youngsters will be a year fitter and stronger, the additons of Chaplin, Edwards, Knights also helps.
Adelaide still thereabouts, how will the Tippett departure affect them?
Fremantle will be better after adapting to Lyon's game plan last year but it still relies on Pav standing up and he needs help.
Brisbane the beneficiaries of a soft draw.
Carlton and Essendon miss out but it will be tight around 8th spot. If Essendon stay injury free and replicate their form up to R8 last year who knows? I think they have a lot of expectation on them as do the Blues with Malthouse arriving.
North to slide out the 8 more due to being given a tough draw rather than form dropping.
Geelong the big sliders. Its almost time to rebuild and I think they have slowly started that process already.
Gold Coast should be looking for 7-8 wins this year. I think their midfield will really start to click this year.
Saints have an ageing list. Roo, NDS, Hayes, Montagna are past their elite best. And they lost Goddard.
Western Bulldogs. What can be said here, they are a rabble. Hopefully their recent draft picks become stars.
GWS. Think they may suffer the 2nd year blues like the Suns did. But its an exciting future. If they hold their list together success is only a few years away.
Port Adelaide. Even more of a rabble. I hope some of their kids like Wingard, Wines, Hartlett, Butcher really develop and bring some hope.

basil3134

Richmond will find a way to disappoint their fans but this year it may be in the first week of the finals. 3 teams  from last year to miss out on finals. North is one by defaultof a hard draw, Geelong surely can't keep it up for 22 weeks so that leaves it to Adelaide and Freo to fight it out for 9th. 
3 teams to come in could be 2 of Carlton, Essendon or  Richmond and the 3rd to be a real smokie . History in the last 2 years suggests an interstate side with a soft draw  so maybe Brisbane .

henry

Not sure how Carlton miss the 8, I have them in the top 4 even though I don't barrack for them though. I agree North will miss out.  It will be interesting to see how close we get, there are always a couple of surprises

bunyip

As a Geelong supporter I have a blinkered view of our chances. Of the also rans, the team I'm most worried about is Collingwood. I think the slider this season will be Hawthorn. That was a gut wrenching final last season and I think they'll need a season to get over it. It's happened before.
My top 4 is Geelong, Collingwood West Coast and Sydney. The surprise packet is the Bullies. Bottom team will be GWS.

quinny88

Quote from: bunyip on January 28, 2013, 04:50:15 PM
As a Geelong supporter I have a blinkered view of our chances. Of the also rans, the team I'm most worried about is Collingwood. I think the slider this season will be Hawthorn. That was a gut wrenching final last season and I think they'll need a season to get over it. It's happened before.
My top 4 is Geelong, Collingwood West Coast and Sydney. The surprise packet is the Bullies. Bottom team will be GWS.

You think Geelong will finish 1st??

bunyip

yes, I'm very excited about our chances this season. If we are 6/5 half way we should at least finish top 4 because we play all our home games  (at Kardinia Park, it will always be Kardinia Park to me) late in the season.
I know everyone does not even consider the cats a chance to make the 8 this season, thats fine, no-one did in 2011 either.
We've recruited well, our team is getting YOUNGER, and we still have plenty of experience.
As a tiger supporter you must be looking forward to this season to. I think you have a better team than last season. Those narrow losses cost you a finals berth last season. You would be looking at top 6 wouldn't you?