Main Menu

FanFooty Season Predictor 2013

Started by quinny88, November 01, 2012, 10:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: bunyip on February 06, 2013, 11:48:58 PM
yes, I'm very excited about our chances this season. If we are 6/5 half way we should at least finish top 4 because we play all our home games  (at Kardinia Park, it will always be Kardinia Park to me) late in the season.
I know everyone does not even consider the cats a chance to make the 8 this season, thats fine, no-one did in 2011 either.
We've recruited well, our team is getting YOUNGER, and we still have plenty of experience.
As a tiger supporter you must be looking forward to this season to. I think you have a better team than last season. Those narrow losses cost you a finals berth last season. You would be looking at top 6 wouldn't you?

I hate to break it to you but there is no chance Geelong will finish 1st. Top 8 absolutely, perhaps even push for top 4 but not 1st.
Tiges i think will finish 6th, I have learnt not to get my hopes up though lol

The_Captain

Quote from: quinny88 on February 13, 2013, 10:41:12 PM
Quote from: bunyip on February 06, 2013, 11:48:58 PM
yes, I'm very excited about our chances this season. If we are 6/5 half way we should at least finish top 4 because we play all our home games  (at Kardinia Park, it will always be Kardinia Park to me) late in the season.
I know everyone does not even consider the cats a chance to make the 8 this season, thats fine, no-one did in 2011 either.
We've recruited well, our team is getting YOUNGER, and we still have plenty of experience.
As a tiger supporter you must be looking forward to this season to. I think you have a better team than last season. Those narrow losses cost you a finals berth last season. You would be looking at top 6 wouldn't you?

I hate to break it to you but there is no chance Geelong will finish 1st. Top 8 absolutely, perhaps even push for top 4 but not 1st.
Tiges i think will finish 6th, I have learnt not to get my hopes up though lol

Yeh this blokes needs a wake up call. As for Richmond... I reckon its between them and Essendon for 8th spot. can't see them passing sides like freo, collingwood. Think Carlton will step it up this year also.

bunyip

The_Captain

Indeed we will. You say you're getting younger.. But your good players are getting older. Days of Ling, Scarlett, Bartel, Corey, Chapman playing their best footy over. Can't expect the rookies to fill the void. I would say geelong will finish 6-9 somewhere.

The_Captain

Fact that some of those are now retired too..

GM

If H-mac plays 18 games they should make the 8.
But,as we have now,gets or stays injured making the 8 will be a lot tougher.
There are a number of clubs on the rise this year so spots 5-10 will be toughly contested.
Injuries will play akey role imo.

bunyip

They always do. The clubs who do well have good depth and can cover injuries reasonably well. I reckon Hawthorn missed Brent Guerra in last seasons finals. His hard body and cool head would have made a difference in the GF.
I know you all think I'm on drugs, but I give us (Geelong) a good chance this year. Don't write us off.

The_Captain

Quote from: bunyip on February 14, 2013, 05:39:14 PM
They always do. The clubs who do well have good depth and can cover injuries reasonably well. I reckon Hawthorn missed Brent Guerra in last seasons finals. His hard body and cool head would have made a difference in the GF.
I know you all think I'm on drugs, but I give us (Geelong) a good chance this year. Don't write us off.

I won't be writing anyone off. But in saying that.. That includes gws and gc :).

SydneyRox

Quote from: noto07 on February 14, 2013, 05:41:31 PM

I won't be writing anyone off. But in saying that.. That includes gws and gc :).

Thats ok, write them off. They are no chance to finish on top, top4 or top8.

They will be overjoyed if they manage to finish out of the bottom 4

The_Captain

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 14, 2013, 05:51:33 PM
Quote from: noto07 on February 14, 2013, 05:41:31 PM

Thats ok, write them off. They are no chance to finish on top, top4 or top8.

They will be overjoyed if they manage to finish out of the bottom 4

More like overjoyed with each win they get. Each win is like a gf win for them haha

henry

I reckon gold coast will surprise a lot of people this year, I expect big things from them. Maybe not finals, but I reckon they'll finish 10-12.

tbagrocks

Western Sydney any chance of being higher than the Gold Coast? Unlikely?

GWS 1-4 wins

CG 5-7  wins

?

Toga

Quote from: henry on February 24, 2013, 04:29:39 PM
I reckon gold coast will surprise a lot of people this year, I expect big things from them. Maybe not finals, but I reckon they'll finish 10-12.

i really think so too henry. think they're gonna be in for a run up the ladder this year and wouldn't be surprised to see them up around 12 or so!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Toga on February 24, 2013, 05:35:37 PM

i really think so too henry. think they're gonna be in for a run up the ladder this year and wouldn't be surprised to see them up around 12 or so!
Gary carried them to beat Hawthorn haha

The_Captain

Looks like you will be proven wrong big time in 6 months... Put my life on it GC will be bottom 4. Along with GWS. The other 2 will come from two of Port, Melb and Bulldogs.