2013 bye structure

Started by quinny88, October 31, 2012, 12:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

The fixture is out and the first thing I looked at after checking out Richmonds fixture wsa the bye structure to plan my SC team around in 2013. It is as follows

Round 11 bye
Brisbane, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Port, Richmond, Bulldog

Round 12 bye
Geelong, Melbourne, North, St.Kilda, Sydney, Wcoast

Round 13
Adelaide, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Goldcoast, GWS

How does this affect the planning of your team?
The stand out to me was the way I will plan my forward line with a lot of the big forwards sharing a bye.
Also the midfielders that share round 13 will make it hard

T Dog

Without thinking too hard , I reckon I will just tank rd13.  :'(

quinny88

Could be a popular option tbone.

The problem with any planning for byes is that like this year, there were all of a sudden injuries and restings and it threw everyones carefully planned structure out the window

Nige

I tried planning my team for the byes at the start of the year last year. Didn't work too well.

Might just cross that bridge when I come to it.

Ringo

Learnt my lesson this year Quinny put a fair bit of effort into planning for the byes and then got decimated by injuries.

This year I will be selecting my best team for round one and worry about the byes around Round 9. This is assuming Rules will remain the same for SC.

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on October 31, 2012, 01:14:23 PM
Learnt my lesson this year Quinny put a fair bit of effort into planning for the byes and then got decimated by injuries.

This year I will be selecting my best team for round one and worry about the byes around Round 9. This is assuming Rules will remain the same for SC.
Yeah I actually do remember you having things planned out quite well Ringo.
You have to plan again somewhat though surely? No sense in starting 4 prems from the same bye in a position?

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on October 31, 2012, 01:17:54 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 31, 2012, 01:14:23 PM

Yeah I actually do remember you having things planned out quite well Ringo.
You have to plan again somewhat though surely? No sense in starting 4 prems from the same bye in a position?
Just to clarify I plan to select my prems based on the bye structure and if possible have no more than 3 on the same line with the bye. As an example rethinking one of my ruck options in Nat and Hmac.

quinny88

Yep, fair enough, Ill be doing the same I think

Anubis

I think we'll get extra trades this year during the bye rounds.

quinny88

Quote from: Anubis on October 31, 2012, 02:29:43 PM
I think we'll get extra trades this year during the bye rounds.

Its looking that way, but that doesn't mean your gonna trade out a prem so will still have to plan your prems around bye's

Ringo

Looking at the draw now, and this may possibly change over the course of the season, I think my strategy will be as follows:

Ensure I have 3 keepers in def, mids, and forwards, if possible, playing during Round 11 and 12 byes. Do not worry about Round 13.

Looking at some of the early teams posted there are some real bye problems.

kilbluff1985

main 2 lines you need to think about bye structure is mids and rucks otherwise i would not worry last season i just started with the best team i could and it worked well even during byes

Ringo

With the rule change to allow only the top 18 scores to count in the 3 bye rounds no need to really tank either.  Only need to ensure you have 18 scorers on the field.  Using DPP this should be quite achievable without using additional trades during the period.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ringo on December 05, 2012, 02:43:24 PM
With the rule change to allow only the top 18 scores to count in the 3 bye rounds no need to really tank either.  Only need to ensure you have 18 scorers on the field.  Using DPP this should be quite achievable without using additional trades during the period.

How many dpp options you reckon we will need now Ringo??

Ringo

Quote from: noto07 on December 05, 2012, 05:30:52 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 05, 2012, 02:43:24 PM

How many dpp options you reckon we will need now Ringo??
Will depend on team structures but with the number of B/c and F/c you will need at least those 2. There are a few B/F DPP you could use if needed.  I will be using R/F myself at this stage given the number of R/F available with both Cox and Nic Nat having DPP for starters.  This may change though as time goes on.