MBR's 2013

Started by Ricochet, October 31, 2012, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Yeah Holz is right about the rucks. They are perfect.

Tyes

Does anyone not remember how pointless it was last season to pick a team structured around the bye rounds? All the planning in the world cannot prepare you for injuries, suspension or possible resting of players.

MLS

Round 13 dive seems the easiest way to negotiate these byes

Spite

Quote from: Tyes on October 31, 2012, 06:09:43 PM
Does anyone not remember how pointless it was last season to pick a team structured around the bye rounds? All the planning in the world cannot prepare you for injuries, suspension or possible resting of players.

I remember. But it can't be bad to have some sort of back up plan or if there are 2 similar players, choosing the better bye.

My backline has 4 premos out and bock too in round 13, so might need to re jig things. But I think if you have 3 bye player in one line, just cop it and don't plan. As you said, waste of time. :/

EDIT* Just realised that the ruck dpp WILL be a viable option this season, so it is technically possible to only get a single donut in the bye rounds. Good luck to anyone brave enough to plan their entire team around it though!

Tyes

Quote from: Spite on October 31, 2012, 06:17:24 PM
Quote from: Tyes on October 31, 2012, 06:09:43 PM

I remember. But it can't be bad to have some sort of back up plan or if there are 2 similar players, choosing the better bye.

My backline has 4 premos out and bock too in round 13, so might need to re jig things. But I think if you have 3 bye player in one line, just cop it and don't plan. As you said, waste of time. :/

EDIT* Just realised that the ruck dpp WILL be a viable option this season, so it is technically possible to only get a single donut in the bye rounds. Good luck to anyone brave enough to plan their entire team around it though!

I agree, by all means try to plan ahead it can't hurt. I personally just would not let the bye rounds make me select Cotchin over Murphy even though Swan, Ablett and Pendles all share the same bye round for example.

Barra17

I didn't plan this year for the byes. I won all of the bye rounds in my league and come about 3k overall. I reckon I will do the same next year and pick without regard for byes.

quinny88

Ya have to have some sort of structure for the byes though. As much as plans can go out the window you cant completely ignore them.
This year there was a lot of injuries all around the bye rounds which ruined everyones plans, this year there may not be. Its important to plan as best you can without sacrificing to much.
Im personally just going to tank round 13 I think

Scrads

FFS the one thing I have been thinking about for 2013 since the end of the 2012 season is a Swan, GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Murphy midfield and I come and check the fixture and all 5 share the same bye.

Back to the drawing board.

Ziplock

what a surprise, beams, swan and pendles share a bye :P

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on November 01, 2012, 01:46:58 AM
what a surprise, beams, swan and pendles share a bye :P

I was prepared to cop that but it was GAJ and Murphy avoiding their bye aswell I wanted most and they BOTH hit :(

There was only a 1 in 20 chance (if the bye rounds were random) of them BOTH sharing the same bye as the Coll mids :(

Adamant

My midfield pre-byes was: Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murphy...

Now I have to choose between Swan and Ablett :-\