Main Menu

Tippett

Started by Cicjose, October 30, 2012, 01:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

https://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150460/default.aspx

GREATER Western Sydney will recruit out-of-contract forward Kurt Tippett - if it can afford him.

Giants CEO Dave Matthews confirmed the club had today discussed the controversial former Crow at a football sub-committee meeting.

ossie85

They can afford him if they get rid of Folau. No room for him, Tippett, Patton and Cameron in the same team.

Toga

What do you think Giants fans?

Ziplock

smeh, I wouldnt mind him. That being said, I wouldnt use any of our top 3 picks on him, and I would really prefer not to pay him that amount of money. If we could get him in the NAT, fine, use pick 20 on him :P

Mailman the 2nd

He'll leave after 1 year there :P

Jroo

If the Giants get Tippett imagine there forward line
Tippett, Cameron and Patton  :o

Ziplock

I think we're going to go for him hard out now :/

Jroo

Quote from: Ziplock on November 01, 2012, 06:13:38 PM
I think we're going to go for him hard out now :/
You should get him. You have the first pick in the Pre season draft and you will have enough money to offer him what he wants.

Ziplock

despite what people say, losing izzy doesnt free up heaps of cap for us- as an elite athlete the majority of his payment was outside of the cap.

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on November 01, 2012, 07:31:59 PM
despite what people say, losing izzy doesnt free up heaps of cap for us- as an elite athlete the majority of his payment was outside of the cap.
how much do you think Power and Old macdonald were on?? Will the 3 of them give you enough cash??

Ziplock

not heaps. A reasonable amount. Honestly, we probably have the cap room. I don't super want him though :/

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on November 01, 2012, 07:45:13 PM
not heaps. A reasonable amount. Honestly, we probably have the cap room. I don't super want him though :/

you'd have heaps of cap room i think because non of your kids are being paid top dollar now, but i think the club is trying to leave heaps of cap room for when your kiddies do get older and start demanding higher salaries

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Toga on November 01, 2012, 08:08:57 PM

you'd have heaps of cap room i think because non of your kids are being paid top dollar now, but i think the club is trying to leave heaps of cap room for when your kiddies do get older and start demanding higher salaries

well they need to use 93% of there cap so doubt they would have 'heaps' of room left depends what you consider heaps i guess

Toga

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on November 01, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

well they need to use 93% of there cap so doubt they would have 'heaps' of room left depends what you consider heaps i guess

oh really?! i didn't know that?

i know they had sorted out their cap room so that they have enough room in the coming years to retain most of their kids...

maybe they're paying the older blokes (cornes, brogan) alot to meet that requirement...?

AFEV

Quote from: Toga on November 01, 2012, 08:20:20 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1995 on November 01, 2012, 08:12:10 PM

oh really?! i didn't know that?

i know they had sorted out their cap room so that they have enough room in the coming years to retain most of their kids...

maybe they're paying the older blokes (cornes, brogan) alot to meet that requirement...?
My guess would be Scully, Ward etc. would have front ended contracts.