Main Menu

FanFooty Forum Phantom Draft!

Started by Jroo, October 29, 2012, 09:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Pick 48 - North Melbourne - Tim Sumner - SA - 189cm, 78kg

Yes, another SA player  ::)   Speedy outside midfielder who has plenty of run and carry and can change the game. Doesn't get a hell of a lot of the ball but what he does with it is devastating. Can take it at half-back, run 20m and then kick it 60m to the lead of the full-forward, and his defensive pressure is excellent too. Very similar to Lewis Jetta, and North need a bit of spark so this guy fits the bill.

Nige

Pick 49: Melbourne - Billy Rolfe - 182cm, 83kg

Medium midfielder who wins his own ball. Placed in the Top 5% at the Draft Combine for agility running the 20m in 2.98secs and 8.16 on the agility test. Clearly has good pace. Obviously would be behind Wines and Viney but would still be a nice player to have.

Mr.Craig

Pick 50 - Western Bulldogs (F/S) - Lachie Hunter 181cm/78kg Western Jets

Son of former Bulldog Mark Hunter, Lachie is a goalkicking midfielder who racks up the touches. He averaged 113DT through the 2012 TAC season and while he found the step up to Championship level challenging he still performed well. The Bullies have had this kid in their sights for years and he has spent plenty of time at the club already so should make a smooth transfer to AFL level.

Pick 51 - Western Bulldogs - Brodie Murdoch 187cm/85kg Glenelg

While the draft hype coming out of the Bays has mostly focused on Ben Kennedy and Tim O'Brien, Murdoch should not be forgotten. He's not the tallest forward going around but possesses a great leap and hands, as evident in an Under 18's game this season where he kicked 11 goals. He is the younger brother of Geelong's Jordan Murdoch so there's some football pedigree. AFL/AIS Academy member.

kilbluff1985

52. Essendon -Tom Temay - Defender/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons. 179cm/74kg.

Kevin Sheehan says: “Small defender/midfielder who is a great competitor and is rarely beaten in a one-on-one contest. Prolific ball winner for Vic Metro averaging 18.8 disposals at 77.3% efficiency in NAB AFL Under 18 Championships. Father Paul played 52 games for St Kilda.”

perfect for Hirds game style i think

Tominator

kilbluff1985

woops lol alright i take Adam Saad with pick 52

thanks Tom ;)

Nige

Pick 53: Melbourne - Matthew Dick - 188cm, 86kg

Pretty quick, good kick and a strong tackler. Can play of both bigger and smaller opponents. Added bonus is he can play midfield too. Was also a member of the Vic Metro team that won the 2012 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

kilbluff1985

well Crows just disowned pick 54 so guess i go now? with pick 55

we take Kyle Martin - Midfielder, Frankston Dolphins. 182cm/81k

Dolphins coach Simon Goosey had to work hard to persuade Martin to leave south-east suburban club Noble Park, but the 21-year-old has made the step up to VFL level with telling effect. At 182cm, he's a tough, in-and-under player who, despite playing in a team that's on the bottom of the ladder, gets tagged more often than not.

Tominator

for the point of the FF Draft should we just keep the Crows in it?

I know its a Phantom Draft but T-Bag hasn't been caught up in any of this (that we know of anyway)  :P

Justin Bieber

Wow have not followed at all, haven't been on FF since Sunday. Someone can pick for me when Gold Coast comes. 57 is the number.

kilbluff1985

well we want to see how close we get it to the actual draft don't we?

not much different then the father sons have to keep them at the right picks to keep it as close to the real one as possible

it's harsh on tbags i know but what can you do

13Brummy

Hey guys sorry but I'm gonna be without internet for the next 5 days and I've got geelong at 59 i think..

could someone do that pick for me?

cheers

Mr.Craig

Is there really any point doing this beyond tomorrow?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mr.Craig on November 22, 2012, 01:37:55 AM
Is there really any point doing this beyond tomorrow?

yeah was thinking the same and no not really

bit of a shame we only got this far

Tominator