Main Menu

FanFooty Forum Phantom Draft!

Started by Jroo, October 29, 2012, 09:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Quote from: whatlez on November 01, 2012, 10:27:30 AM
Because O'Rourke is potentially a top 5 pick and I'm getting him at 13!

Bam! ;D

Jroo

Ok guys what are your thoughts when picking a player:
a. Should we do a write up on the player
b. Keep it the same. Give reasons why you picked them
c. Don't do any write ups just pick the player

kilbluff1985

or

D. up to the person any of the above

but a description of the players talent would be nice even if it's a copy and paste from google

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on November 01, 2012, 02:28:14 PM

Honestly, for the less knowledgeable like myself, I'd say c :P

nrich102

Quote from: JROO8 on November 01, 2012, 02:28:14 PM
Let's keep doing it the same

kilbluff1985

Tominator

FisherSaints

Sorry, was at guitar lessons. I pick Dayle Garlett. Can't do a writeup as I'm on my phone. I'll be away on the weekend, anyone who isn't in this want to take my spot

Tominator

Pick 15 - North Melbourne - Troy Menzel - SA - forward, 187cm, 78kg

Not sure how this guy slipped to Pick 15 - surprised by a couple of others too but such is the quality of this draft - but he will be a gun if his knee holds up. North Melbourne have a developing group of tall forwards in Lachie Hansen, Drew Petrie and Robbie Tarrant, but Menzel is the mid-sized X-Factor that they need, especially given the inconsistency of Lindsay Thomas and Kieran Harper, as well as the loss of Aaron Edwards. A pacy mid-sized forward, Menzel can play off a wing too, as he did for Central District in the SANFL this year. His injury problems are cause for some concern, but if his knee can hold up then North will have a steal in Menzel at Pick 15.

tbagrocks

I think only injury is the reason he will slide to around 15

JBs-Hawks

Mr.Craig

I reckon 14 or 15 is about right for him.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on November 01, 2012, 11:35:11 PM

Not sure how this guy slipped to Pick 15 - surprised by a couple of others too but such is the quality of this draft - but he will be a gun if his knee holds up. North Melbourne have a developing group of tall forwards in Lachie Hansen, Drew Petrie and Robbie Tarrant, but Menzel is the mid-sized X-Factor that they need, especially given the inconsistency of Lindsay Thomas and Kieran Harper, as well as the loss of Aaron Edwards. A pacy mid-sized forward, Menzel can play off a wing too, as he did for Central District in the SANFL this year. His injury problems are cause for some concern, but if his knee can hold up then North will have a steal in Menzel at Pick 15.

LARS

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 02, 2012, 01:30:24 AM
Quote from: Tominator on November 01, 2012, 11:35:11 PM

LARS

What about it? He had it as a sixteen year old but his knee is totally fine according to many doctors

Mr.Craig