Main Menu

FanFooty Forum Phantom Draft!

Started by Jroo, October 29, 2012, 09:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Pick 4 - Melbourne - Oliver Wines - 188cm/90kg - Midfielder
It was a toss up between Grundy and Wines. Been reading into both a bit, but decided on Wines because in a lot of the phantom drafts I've seen, Wines is up there more so than Grundy who I've seen been predicted to go to a variety of different clubs whether he slips through because of needs or whatever. Wines should be a solid addition to the Dees midfield and from what I've heard is ready made for AFL level.

Mr.Craig

Jroo

Nige

No worries, was an easy write up. Do you still want me to post for Melbourne's next pick even thought we know it's Viney?

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on October 31, 2012, 06:19:12 PM
No worries, was an easy write up. Do you still want me to post for Melbourne's next pick even thought we know it's Viney?
Yer ok that's a good idea

FisherSaints

Pick 1 - GWS - Lachie Whitfield - 184cm/74kg - Midfielder
Lachie Whitfield- Whitfield had to be No. 1. He is the best of this year's draft. He will be a great player in the GWS midfield

Pick 2 - GWS - Jimmy Toumpas - 183cm/77kg - Midfielder/Defender
Jimmy Toumpas-

Pick 3 - GWS - Jake Stringer - 191cm/91kg - Forward
Jake Stringer-

*WILL DO WRITE UPS SOON HAVE TO GO OUT*

Mr.Craig

Pick 5 Western Bulldogs - Brodie Grundy 202cm/100kg Ruck

Even with a bloke by the name of Daniher floating around, Grundy is the standout ruck in the draft and is a great fit at the Bulldogs. A dual All Australian, he is one of the new breed of agile big men who will dominate the comp in years to come. Can also kick a bag of goals when he gets the chance. 

Pick 6 Western Bulldogs - Sam Mayes 187cm/78kg Half Forward

This was a difficult decision but the Bulldogs are crying out for more goalkicking options and while Mayes might not entirely fit the bill he does bring plenty of other qualities to the table. Elite endurance and agility matched with a great pair of hands should see him become an AFL regular. All Australian in 2011.

tbagrocks

Really can't see Stringer going to GWS, I think Bulldogs likely, I do like Mayes to the Bullies

So does Adelaide's picks stand as they are then?

KoopKicka

Pick 7 Port Adelaide - Lachlan Plowman - 191cm/86kg Key Position Defender

With the loss of Danyle Pearce and Troy Chaplin through the Free Agency, it leaves a massive hole in Ports defence, Bobby Carlile, Hamish Hartlett and Jack Trengove need some help back there desperately, Lewis Stevenson, Campbell Heath and Domenic Cassisi will fill it for now, but it means Prts defence is looking scarily good for the with the likes of Blee, Hombsch, Jonas and Plowman coming through Ports ranks. Reagrded as the best defender in this years draft.

nrich102

PICK: 8 TEAM: Brisbane Lions PLAYER NAME: Tom Clurey HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 193cm/85kg POSITION: Defender
I think the Lions will want to get Clurey to use as a tall defender to fill in the position of players such as Goose Maguire and Merrett. I think they will get him now to start training him for those positions that will be vacent soon.

Tominator

is there a rule about taking mature players as well?

The F.A.R.K.

KoopKicka

Tominator

The F.A.R.K.