FanFooty Forum Phantom Draft!

Started by Jroo, October 29, 2012, 09:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on November 02, 2012, 01:37:49 AM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on November 02, 2012, 01:30:24 AM
Quote from: Tominator on November 01, 2012, 11:35:11 PM

Pick 15 - North Melbourne - Troy Menzel - SA - forward, 187cm, 78kg

Not sure how this guy slipped to Pick 15 - surprised by a couple of others too but such is the quality of this draft - but he will be a gun if his knee holds up. North Melbourne have a developing group of tall forwards in Lachie Hansen, Drew Petrie and Robbie Tarrant, but Menzel is the mid-sized X-Factor that they need, especially given the inconsistency of Lindsay Thomas and Kieran Harper, as well as the loss of Aaron Edwards. A pacy mid-sized forward, Menzel can play off a wing too, as he did for Central District in the SANFL this year. His injury problems are cause for some concern, but if his knee can hold up then North will have a steal in Menzel at Pick 15.

LARS

What about it? He had it as a sixteen year old but his knee is totally fine according to many doctors

nothing. If i was a recruiter though just seeing david rodan, malceskie ect all go lars for it to burst again would be worrying. Like yes doctors have said its structrually fine but put a strenuos pre season in him and make him train 4 times a week and then tell me its structurally fine :/ still a good player though

13Brummy

Geelong will take Ben Kennedy with pick 16 - small mid/fwd who "can tear a game apart" (Tominator).

Was a chance to be drafted in the 17 year old mini draft last year but the crows decided on Brad Crouch instead (if I remember correctly).

Will become a cult figure for his tongue antics and will be well mentored by the likes of Bartel / Corey / Kelly.

Toga

Pick 17: Fremantle - Mason Shaw - Forward, South Fremantle (WA), 198 cm, 92 kg.

It was a toss-up between home-grown talents Mason Shaw and Josh Simpson for Fremantle's Pick 17 - both have attributes that would appeal to Freo's selection panel, and both being from Fremantle was an added bonus. In the end I chose Shaw simply because Pav is getting old, and by the time he retires, the Dockers will really need a KPF to take over from him - this day might be a few years away, but KPP's often take a while to develop, so if they can get this bustling kid ready by then, they'll be set. While I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more outside pace added to Freo's midfield (which Simpson coul have offered), I think that good KPF's are harder to come by, and that Daniel Pearce's recruitment meets Fremantle's need for outside pace for the moment.

Anubis

Pick 18: Collingwood - Tim Membrey - Forward, Gippsland Power (vic), 189cms, 90kg

The captain of Gippsland Power will fit in nicely at Collingwood, who have been missing a goalkicking medium forward ever since the departure of Medhurst. Membrey's tackling pressure suits Buckley's plan, but it is his potent set shot kicking that gets him drafted to the pies. The tattoo on his arm is also a good fit for Collingwood.

Pick 19: Collingwood - Nathan Hrovat - Midfielder, Northern Knights (vic), 175cms, 74kg

An inside mid in the mould of Toby Green and Sam Mitchell. Selected to add some inside work to Collingwood's team as Luke Ball's career winds down. An elite accumulator of the footy fits in perfectly with Collingwood's possession hungry midfield.

Ziplock

FARK- menzel was more than a decade younger when he had lars, completely different type of way the body recovers at that age.

tbagrocks

Well Adelaide is unlikely to have this pick any but I'm sure they would have liked Sammy Colquhoun,  well he's gone and though there's other home grown talant to pick they shoudn't go this early, I think they would with the loss of Davis, Bock and an ageing Rutten take

Tanner Smith North Ballarat Rebels
18 yrs 194cm 83kg
Other than Plowman he would be the best key defender which the Crows will need, will develop into an ideal key position at AFL level and with Talia will form the best key duo in the land. With Luke Thompson still developing and the other talls not natural backman hence McKernen, James Craig, JJ (Jenkins), Tommy Lynch. Adelaide will want to grab a quality bigman in Smith.

Anubis

Collingwood - Nick Vlastuin

Adds a bit of midfield depth but can also be played on a half back flank.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Anubis on November 02, 2012, 09:19:58 PM
Collingwood - Nick Vlastuin

Adds a bit of midfield depth but can also be played on a half back flank.

Vlastuin was taken at pick 11. ;)

Anubis

Oh sorry.

Spencer White.

The next Buddy, no need to say more.

Mr.Craig

Pick 22 Western Bulldogs - Kristian Jaksch 194cm/85kg Oakleigh Chargers

One of the premier KPP prospects in the draft, Jaksch is capable of playing in the backline (matching up on Joe Daniher in one game) or going forward as he did often this year and being a lead up target. I have no doubt he will go higher in the draft than this. There's a great deal to like about his future prospects in the AFL.

Spite

Quote from: Anubis on November 02, 2012, 01:46:31 PM
Pick 18: Collingwood - Tim Membrey - Forward, Gippsland Power (vic), 189cms, 90kg

The captain of Gippsland Power will fit in nicely at Collingwood, who have been missing a goalkicking medium forward ever since the departure of Medhurst. Membrey's tackling pressure suits Buckley's plan, but it is his potent set shot kicking that gets him drafted to the pies. The tattoo on his arm is also a good fit for Collingwood.

Pick 19: Collingwood - Nathan Hrovat - Midfielder, Northern Knights (vic), 175cms, 74kg

An inside mid in the mould of Toby Green and Sam Mitchell. Selected to add some inside work to Collingwood's team as Luke Ball's career winds down. An elite accumulator of the footy fits in perfectly with Collingwood's possession hungry midfield.

Perfect choice's for the Pies, would have selected the same 2 kids myself.

kilbluff1985

come on mailman lets get this show on the road

Mailman the 2nd

Nick Graham looks like someone who could really fill in the key role that Jude Bolton will leave in a year or two with his midfield work

nrich102

Pick 24 - Brisbane - Sam Mayes - 187cm/78kg - Mid/Forward
The Lions need a player like this who can take the midfield position after Moloney retires. I think the Lions need a player who they can train and give the experience to take a role in the mids.

13Brummy