Main Menu

Collingwood just got the axe

Started by whatlez, October 29, 2012, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

The de-listings of...

Cameron Wood, Luke Rounds, Simon Buckley, Kirk Ugle and Jonathon Ceglar.

A big clean up at Collingwood.

Mailman the 2nd

Justin Bieber

Luke Rounds and Simon Buckley were surprising.

Wood is probably going to get picked up somewhere else.

Ziplock

I'm surprised they didnt try to trade wood to the giants.

I'm personally very surprised- that's a large proportion of their ruck line.

Jroo

Quote from: Ziplock on October 29, 2012, 05:21:13 PM

Good news for Jarrod Witts in SC and DT next year?

Capper

Quote from: JROO8 on October 29, 2012, 06:29:40 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 29, 2012, 05:21:13 PM

Good news for Jarrod Witts in SC and DT next year?
Witts was always going to take over from Jolly and may get some game time next season. Woods was never going o take over from Jolly, just there to help and play when Jooly couldnt this year.

definitely looking at Witts not next year but the year after, dont think he will play more than 5 game sthis year

Cruiseon

I think the arrival of Clinton Young marked Simon Buckley's card. Wood really isn't a surprise and apart from Jolly joins a long long list of failed recent Collingwood ruckmen recruited from other clubs.  It is fair to say the first round draft pick for him was not a success, everyone now moves on.

Shame for Ugle, didn't get a whole lot of chances. Round didn't look like it despite being a good VFL player.

If Jolly goes down or misses matches next year (which is almost inevitable) I reckon the Pies are very light with Witts and Q.

Noz

I think Jolly did very well for them and was well worth the first round traded pick especially in Collingwood's position, They were after a ruck man that could win them a flag and they got that flag.

Is he worth a first round pick alongside a 3rd round pick? No
Was this the right trade for Collingwood to make at the time? Yes

Collingwood were struggling finding a replacement for Fraser after he started to slow down before Jolly got there, Wood wasn't ready to take up the mantle so they had to look elsewhere Jolly wanted to come back to Melbourne and boom theres a premiership.

Kirk Ugle was a bit of surprise to me i thought he showed something this year plus with other small forwards coming to the end of their careers (Krakouer and Didak) I figured he would of stayed.

Capper

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 29, 2012, 07:08:58 PM

I think the arrival of Clinton Young marked Simon Buckley's card. Wood really isn't a surprise and apart from Jolly joins a long long list of failed recent Collingwood ruckmen recruited from other clubs.  It is fair to say the first round draft pick for him was not a success, everyone now moves on.

Shame for Ugle, didn't get a whole lot of chances. Round didn't look like it despite being a good VFL player.

If Jolly goes down or misses matches next year (which is almost inevitable) I reckon the Pies are very light with Witts and Q.
Buckley didnt like playing Buckley either

ossie85

Would say one of our first round picks would be used on a ruck prospect.

Cruiseon

Quote from: Noz on October 29, 2012, 09:07:07 PM
I think Jolly did very well for them and was well worth the first round traded pick especially in Collingwood's position, They were after a ruck man that could win them a flag and they got that flag.

Noz I think you missed my point. Jolly was a success no doubt which is why I said 'apart' from him Collingwood have used draft picks unsuccessfully to get another ruckman. To name just a few Guy Richards, Chris Bryant, Ceglar, Wood all drafted to assist or take over from Josh Fraser. There are several others which I'm sure people will remember.

I reckon you are right Oz, another big man makes sense.

ossie85

Yup. The Pies have to stop taking skinny ruckmen. With Witts they did this, so here's hoping

T Dog

Perhaps Stephenson for a year? :-\

Justin Bieber

With the delisting of the Big O, Collingwood have said they are interested in getting him as an investment.

fidou

I think there is only room for one buckley at Collingwood.