Main Menu

Which young gun(s) will shine in 2013?

Started by Toga, October 29, 2012, 02:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Would think Conca will continue to develop, wether he is ready for a midfield role, I do imagine he will spend more time rotating through there

What about the Dusty? Does he count as young? Surely he will want to not let Cotch embarress him to much more!

Go big Vickers, enjoyed watching him so much in 011 that the Llamas scored him in their forward line ;D

Steven Morris isn't so young but he should improve

Toga

yeah dusty's only 21, still very young!

really like to see vicks step it up next year, he will be vital to our success i think. just taking pressure off of jack, it will do wonders in the forwards next year if he can get over that shoulder!

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2012, 06:12:53 PM
Brandon Ellis won Saturday's time trial! Good effort by the young fella!

Pretty sure I read that Arnot ran third in it!  8)

Toga

Quote from: NigeyS on November 21, 2012, 10:13:47 AM
Quote from: Toga on November 20, 2012, 06:12:53 PM
Brandon Ellis won Saturday's time trial! Good effort by the young fella!

Pretty sure I read that Arnot ran third in it!  8)

Yep,
1. Brandon Ellis
2. Dan Jackson
3. Matty Arnot

Grazz

As an outsider looking in if Vickers gets back anywhere near his best will be a massive bonus for you guys. As people have said Jackson needs to step up this year or possibly get left behind. Dusty has had the wake up call he needed (excuse the pun) and will make every post a winner from here, mad if he doesnt as im guessing Richmonds patience would be wearing thin if theres any mishaps in 2013 with him. Conca will be better for another pre season and second year blues are behind him, i think he'll be a big improver this year with alot more time around the ball. Arnot is a gem, quick has good hands gets his own footy and is hard at it, can play a defencesive roll well but agree with others would be very handy in and around the middle. Grimes is terrific just needs to stay in one piece then youve got Astbury, Dea and Griffiths. Theres alot to be excited about at Tigerland and i hope their supporters start reeping the rewards for their loyalty, terrific supporters who've been through hell and back and tbh the comp really needs a couple of other teams to come on strong in 2013 and moving forward. Futures looking pretty good.

quinny88

Quote from: Grazz on November 23, 2012, 03:58:43 PM
As an outsider looking in if Vickers gets back anywhere near his best will be a massive bonus for you guys. As people have said Jackson needs to step up this year or possibly get left behind. Dusty has had the wake up call he needed (excuse the pun) and will make every post a winner from here, mad if he doesnt as im guessing Richmonds patience would be wearing thin if theres any mishaps in 2013 with him. Conca will be better for another pre season and second year blues are behind him, i think he'll be a big improver this year with alot more time around the ball. Arnot is a gem, quick has good hands gets his own footy and is hard at it, can play a defencesive roll well but agree with others would be very handy in and around the middle. Grimes is terrific just needs to stay in one piece then youve got Astbury, Dea and Griffiths. Theres alot to be excited about at Tigerland and i hope their supporters start reeping the rewards for their loyalty, terrific supporters who've been through hell and back and tbh the comp really needs a couple of other teams to come on strong in 2013 and moving forward. Futures looking pretty good.

Great sum up Grazz. Hit the Nail on the head I think

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on November 23, 2012, 07:00:17 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 23, 2012, 03:58:43 PM

Great sum up Grazz. Hit the Nail on the head I think

Yep, have to agree. It's good to see someone else's perspective and for it to be so nice.

Grazz

Cheers guys, just saying it as i see it, also had a healthy respect for Tigers fans for awhile now, you've been through hell and back over the last decade pretty much but always are there in numbers regardless, gotta respect that. Finally your about to start reaping the rewards for the faith and loyalty, the comp will be better for it and i'm pleased for you. I dont dislike anyone in the comp but like you guys no doubt every now and then a club will give me the irits thats only natural, lately its my own club  :( the better we are all doing the better the shape the game is in and for someone like myself who just loves the game this makes me happy. Freo fans are another lot i know are craving success and i feel the same is happening in the west, youd be a hard case not to be happy for them  to after all we all want the same thing dont we. If your successful its because youve earnt it nothing comes easy in footy you always have to earn it. 

elephants

Yeah, well said Grazza!

Anyone know where Conca ran in the time-trial? Cheers :)

Nige

Oh dear...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/151686/default.aspx

Hopefully Grimesy can bounce back and get back on the track soon. He's such a good player when he's not hampered by injury.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 24, 2012, 01:14:32 PM
Oh dear...

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/151686/default.aspx

Hopefully Grimesy can bounce back and get back on the track soon. He's such a good player when he's not hampered by injury.
Heard rumours about this on yesterday and didn't want to believe it and now it's been confirmed  :'(
Hopefully it's only minor

Grazz

Jroo

aces-high

Vlas to shine and show us why he was touted as a top 5 prospect pre 2012 :) also looking for Griffiths and Conca to take the next step! Ellis will be better for another pre season and i'm hoping Elton and Arnott can have a good crack and hone their skills

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on November 24, 2012, 01:46:02 PM
Quote from: Grazz on November 24, 2012, 01:31:02 PM
Thats a shame. Hammys again.
Very sad. Hopefully it's not too serious

Probably just trying to get out of the pre season camp this Monday :P
Nah in all seriousness though, I hope its not to serious. Feel sorry for the poor bloke