Main Menu

Wedding locations

Started by quinny88, October 29, 2012, 02:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

As a lot of you would know due to a post I made a couple of months ago I am recently engaged and am now in the joyous yet painful process of trying to plan a wedding.
In traditional male fashion I have happily agreed to play very little part in the planning of the wedding and have made it clear with my fiancé that as long as she is happy then im happy.
I am however required to play a role in deciding the location of the wedding.
Im from Melbourne but we have decided that we would like a smaller wedding (50 people) in a nicer holiday location so that we can invite less people, be guaranteed nice weather and enjoy our honeymoon in the same place.

Any really nice places anyone can recommend?
Port Douglas and Hamilton Island are the only 2 we have thought of so far

Ziplock

blue mountains mate.

I'll even swing by to offer my congrats :P

actually is a really nice place ftr, but hammo probs pips it :p

CrowsFan

Head up to Broome in WA, then drive a little north. Plenty of beautiful secluded beaches around there!
Or just do it on Cable Beach in Broome :)

The other option is apply for the show Don't Tell The Bride and then you get to pick it all :P

quinny88

Have been to the blue mountains once, I was a kid but remember it being really nice, Ill be sure to swing an invite your way Zip haha

Yeah thanks CF ive never been to Broome but it looks great. Ill look into it.
Haha I havent heard of that show but if it means the producers pay for the wedding then im all for it! haha

TeeJay

3 questions.....
1.What time of year are you getting married?
2.does it have to be in oz?
3.is your fiance hot?

CrowsFan

Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 02:53:14 AM
Haha I havent heard of that show but if it means the producers pay for the wedding then im all for it! haha
Well I've never actually watched the show, but the basic premise is the man is given 25 grand to organise the whole wedding with and the wife doesn't get any input at all. Pretty sure they only select guys who show no taste in anything at all so they know the weddings will be terrible. Anyway here is how you can apply... http://ten.com.au/donttellthebride-star-in-the-show.htm :P

quinny88

Quote from: TeeJay on October 29, 2012, 02:58:50 AM
3 questions.....
3.is your fiance hot?

1. Time of year not 100 per cent on but it wont be for a couple of years. If its somewhere like Hamilton it will be in winter when the weather is really nice.
2. Yeah we would rather keep it here so that everyone we invite can make it.
3. Yeah im batting way out of my league, hence why I put the ring on her finger haha

quinny88

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 29, 2012, 03:02:40 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 02:53:14 AM
Well I've never actually watched the show, but the basic premise is the man is given 25 grand to organise the whole wedding with and the wife doesn't get any input at all. Pretty sure they only select guys who show no taste in anything at all so they know the weddings will be terrible. Anyway here is how you can apply... http://ten.com.au/donttellthebride-star-in-the-show.htm :P

Haha judging by the clip I just watched of the show you need to be a bit of a fruit loop and plan a terrible wedding haha. I think were a bit to normal lol

TeeJay

Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 03:03:50 AM
3 questions.....
3.is your fiance hot?

1. Time of year not 100 per cent on but it wont be for a couple of years. If its somewhere like Hamilton it will be in winter when the weather is really nice.
3. Yeah im batting way out of my league, hence why I put the ring on her finger haha
Are you comfortable with the fact that she will be the only piece of ass you get for the rest of your days???

quinny88

Quote from: TeeJay on October 29, 2012, 03:12:28 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 03:03:50 AM
3 questions.....
3.is your fiance hot?

Are you comfortable with the fact that she will be the only piece of ass you get for the rest of your days???

Haha very comfortable. Thanks for your concern though mate

Ringo

Location depends on whether you are beachie types or comfortable in the Mountains.  There are a number of Mountain Hideaways in Qld if you are that way inclined. Beach Weddings are also popular on any of Queenslands Beaches particularly those with parklands with beach in the back ground.  Went to one myself the other day at Main Beach.

T Dog

A few good haunts / hideaways in Victoria where you could just hire a bus and do a road trip with your group..Lakes Entrance, Mallacoota, Eildon area, Wilsons Prom area, Beechworth area.....perhaps a new movie or reality TV show after the event....."Quinnys wedding road trip"...good luck whatever you decide. ;D

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on October 29, 2012, 08:52:55 AM
Location depends on whether you are beachie types or comfortable in the Mountains.  There are a number of Mountain Hideaways in Qld if you are that way inclined. Beach Weddings are also popular on any of Queenslands Beaches particularly those with parklands with beach in the back ground.  Went to one myself the other day at Main Beach.

Thanks ringo, yea love the idea of something beach side. Queensland is certainly top of the list at this stage

quinny88

Quote from: T Dog on October 29, 2012, 11:52:43 AM
A few good haunts / hideaways in Victoria where you could just hire a bus and do a road trip with your group..Lakes Entrance, Mallacoota, Eildon area, Wilsons Prom area, Beechworth area.....perhaps a new movie or reality TV show after the event....."Quinnys wedding road trip"...good luck whatever you decide. ;D

haha with my family all put on a bus together for a few hours that could actually make for good viewing.
Thanks mate

Ziplock

get a mini bus- it'll be off its chops mate :P