Main Menu

Putting my pride on the line

Started by quinny88, October 29, 2012, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

Would like to hear these dees supporters put their balls on the line too considering they have religiously disagreed with everything you have said lol

Ziplock

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 29, 2012, 08:31:51 AM
You aren't the only one who thinks this (Damien Barrett seemed to as well)

But you're all crazy ;)

Seriously though, Melbourne to beat Richmond in the battle for 8th 9th place

Purple 77

Quote from: Ziplock on October 29, 2012, 12:36:39 PM

But you're all crazy ;)

Lol

Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 12:25:47 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 29, 2012, 11:25:29 AM
look quinny, voicing your opinion is fine, no problems there, but when you start getting ripped into the Melbourne footy club, you are going to get a reaction.

As I have gotten 6 boo's since that thread was started, it looks like I have got you annoyed as well, so I apologise, it was in the heat of the moment.

I would also like to say I haven't boo'ed anyone for a couple of months now, so I think the culprit of your boo's lie somewhere else, no doubt the melbourne community that you have aggravated.

Ive looked at the profiles of those commenting and only about half are even Melbourne supporters.
I expected the reaction I got from some, it wouldn't matter if a club traded in a bloke with no arms or legs, there will still be supporters that are to one eyed to say its a bad trade until it turns sour.
I haven't given you 6 boo's. I dont think ive given out 6 boo's all up since being on fan footy. Ive never thought it was a useful tool considering no one knows what comment they are being boo'd for so I just say what I disagree with, which I have.

Anyway thats why im putting this wager forward, while asking nothing of you guys who are so sure of Melbournes new recruits.
We will see how it turns out in 12 months time and if I was wrong I will wear it on the chin

It baffles me why you are so passionate about getting into melbourne.

I don't see why you are so keen to get into melbourne? Sure Melbourne used a scattergun approach like damian barrett says, I know we did, but the way you have gone about voicing your opinion is bad, it seems like you are forcing it and (although I doubt it was your intention) are out to annoy and aggravate people. I just think there are more ways to voice opinions without creating this bad vibe that we have made. For example, half a thread doesn't have to be made entirely of your comments with your opinion, things like this seem like your are forcing your opinion. If I saw your opinion in a different way, I would read it, and not feel the need to actually comment on it every time because you are not getting into the team I love.

To be honest, yes I do agree with about 70% about what you have said, but the reason why I have replied and defended melbourne in my so-called "one-eyed way", which ultimately is caused by aggravating comments and, lets be honest, I have done it bit rudely, is because of the way you have gone about saying your opinion.

quinny88

Dont take it so personally Purple, like I said, I expected a reaction out of some Melbourne supporters.
Im not talking about just you being one eyed. Every team has one eyed supporters. Go and look at the Adelaide facebook page and there are some Adelaide supporters defending them picking up Angus Graham..

I dont hate Melbourne, there is nothing to hate about them. Im just shocked by the way they have recruited given the situation they are in and it does irritate me the fact that some naive people seem to think they are all of a sudden a dangerous team next year because of it.
I wasn't trying to force my opinion I was just defending the points I was making and it went back and forth for 2 long.

Thats exactly why I made this thread to put it to rest and now its still going on again here so ill kindly resign from the discussion now and if anyone has anything reasonable to add to the list of things to happen in 2013 for me to change my picture then feel free.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: TeeJay on October 29, 2012, 12:01:37 PM

But you're all crazy ;)

Seriously though, Melbourne to beat Richmond in the battle for 8th place

You cant be serious...... You think melbourne will make the 8?

I think you missed the point of the joke at quinny's team

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 29, 2012, 04:52:40 PM

But you're all crazy ;)

But the Tigers only hope for 9th each year so if the Dees can finish 9th and the Tigers 10th then Dimma's JS will be in trouble

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: tabs on October 29, 2012, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 29, 2012, 04:52:40 PM

But you're all crazy ;)

But the Tigers only hope for 9th each year so if the Dees can finish 9th and the Tigers 10th then Dimma's JS will be in trouble

lol so true :P

elephants

Haha good work mate!

I honestly think that only one of these will happen and that is the Rodan + Byrnes for top 10 b&f :)

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 29, 2012, 01:31:00 PM
It baffles me why you are so passionate about getting into melbourne.

Now you know how I feel when Jukes has his little episodes against the Eagles ::) :P

Torpedo10

Odds on one of those things wll happen quinny but glad you have some guts unlike some people on the forums.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on October 29, 2012, 12:36:39 PM

But you're all crazy ;)

I really don't like Barrett, but hey I don't really like any reporters they disgust me, exept channel 9's news lady Kate Collins :-*

TeeJay

Looks like you were spot on quinnh88. melbourne are a rabble, their coach is moron and the place should be boarded up

Nails

If the Demons and the Giants merged they might be able to force their way into 17th on the ladder

Oh wait

henry

Hmm would like to see you proved wrong, as I've said before I have a real soft spot for the dees and it pains me to see them strugglingso badly, but I think you're pretty safe.

Byrnes would be a decent chance to finish in the top 10 b&f, but neeld doesn;t seem to like rodan much so don't reckon he will be up there. Not sure who Melbourne actually picked with the picks they got for morton and martin, so not sure if they are a chance of playing.

CrowsFan

Quote from: henry on May 14, 2013, 09:01:53 PM
Not sure who Melbourne actually picked with the picks they got for morton and martin, so not sure if they are a chance of playing.
They got picks 53 and 73 for Martin and pick 88 for Morton. With those picks they drafted Matt Jones, promoted Nicholson and traded for Rodan.

specky92

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 14, 2013, 10:32:15 PM
Quote from: henry on May 14, 2013, 09:01:53 PM
Not sure who Melbourne actually picked with the picks they got for morton and martin, so not sure if they are a chance of playing.
They got picks 53 and 73 for Martin and pick 88 for Morton. With those picks they drafted Matt Jones, promoted Nicholson and traded for Rodan.
All those picks are Essendons though,   ???