Main Menu

Putting my pride on the line

Started by quinny88, October 29, 2012, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

After putting forward my opinion on Melbourne's recent trading I have obviously put a few noses out of joint and rubbed a few people the wrong way with my comments judging by the 20 odd boo's iv'e acquired in the past 3 or so days lol.

I stand by what I say and am not alone with my view on how Melbourne went about trade week. Probably half of the football public including the Melbourne supporters share my view.
I am therefore willing to put my pride on the line and make a wager with the Demon faithfull on fanfooty.

I will openly admit I was wrong and change my display picture to the demons logo with the writing "I was wrong" for the entire off season following the 2013 season up until the opening round of the Nab cup 2014.

If any 3 of these things happen in 2013:
-Dawes kicks 40 goals or more
-Melbourne win 10 games or more
-Any 1 of the draft picks Melbourne gained by trading Martin or Morton play a senior game
-Moloney finishes outside the top 10 of Brisbanes B&F
-Rodan and Byrnes finish in the top 10 of Melbournes B&F
-None of Gysberts, Martin, Moloney or Morton play more than 15 games for their new clubs
-Melbourne finish higher than Richmond on the ladder
Im not saying you guys said that these would or wouldn't happen, im just trying to think of something to make this interesting and reasonable to put on the line.
Fair or not? anything else to add?

CrowsFan

If Melbourne finish higher on the ladder than Richmond?

Capper

Wow, you are throwing it out there Quinny, good luck. Karma is a b1tch though!!

What about if Melbourne beats Richmond, or are you too worried about that one Quinny??  :P

quinny88

quinny88

Quote from: tabs on October 29, 2012, 01:58:45 AM

What about if Melbourne beats Richmond, or are you too worried about that one Quinny??  :P

Wouldn't call voicing an opinion and being wrong anything to do with Karma, but yea may as well back myself in!
I added Melbourne finishing above Richmond.

Capper

Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 02:01:15 AM
Quote from: tabs on October 29, 2012, 01:58:45 AM

Wouldn't call voicing an opinion and being wrong anything to do with Karma, but yea may as well back myself in!
I added Melbourne finishing above Richmond.
i meant when the teams play each other

quinny88

Richmond are capable of beating Hawthorn and Sydney yet loosing to the Goldcoast and drawing Port Adelaide.
Us loosing to Melbourne wouldn't surprise me in the slightest lol

Ziplock

I think as soon as any of these happen you should change your DP until the start of 2014 :P

for instance, once dawes has 40 goals by round 8, I think you should change it then

Dawes for coleman.

don't let the dawe hit you on the way out.

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on October 29, 2012, 02:31:31 AM
I think as soon as any of these happen you should change your DP until the start of 2014 :P

for instance, once dawes has 40 goals by round 8, I think you should change it then

Dawes for coleman.

One of them? thats a bit stiff lol. Im going out on a limb here saying only 3 of them!

Haha if Dawes wins the Coleman ill streak down my street with Dawes number painted on my back

TeeJay

Quote from: quinny88 on October 29, 2012, 02:40:49 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 29, 2012, 02:31:31 AM

Dawes for coleman.

One of them? thats a bit stiff lol. Im going out on a limb here saying only 3 of them!

Haha if Dawes wins the Coleman ill streak down my street with Dawes number painted on my back

Hahahahaha!! there is probably more chance of gws winning the flag than dawes kicking even 50 goals but god im gonna hope tjat for some reason buddy, riewoldt, walker, cloke, pavlich and every other half decent forward get injured

Mailman the 2nd

You aren't the only one who thinks this (Damien Barrett seemed to as well)

But you're all crazy ;)

Seriously though, Melbourne to beat Richmond in the battle for 8th place

Purple 77

look quinny, voicing your opinion is fine, no problems there, but when you start getting ripped into the Melbourne footy club, you are going to get a reaction.

As I have gotten 6 boo's since that thread was started, it looks like I have got you annoyed as well, so I apologise, it was in the heat of the moment.

I would also like to say I haven't boo'ed anyone for a couple of months now, so I think the culprit of your boo's lie somewhere else, no doubt the melbourne community that you have aggravated.

TeeJay

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 29, 2012, 08:31:51 AM

But you're all crazy ;)

Seriously though, Melbourne to beat Richmond in the battle for 8th place

You cant be serious...... You think melbourne will make the 8?

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 29, 2012, 08:31:51 AM

But you're all crazy ;)

Seriously though, Melbourne to beat Richmond in the battle for 9th place
fixed  :P

quinny88

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 29, 2012, 11:25:29 AM
look quinny, voicing your opinion is fine, no problems there, but when you start getting ripped into the Melbourne footy club, you are going to get a reaction.

As I have gotten 6 boo's since that thread was started, it looks like I have got you annoyed as well, so I apologise, it was in the heat of the moment.

I would also like to say I haven't boo'ed anyone for a couple of months now, so I think the culprit of your boo's lie somewhere else, no doubt the melbourne community that you have aggravated.

Ive looked at the profiles of those commenting and only about half are even Melbourne supporters.
I expected the reaction I got from some, it wouldn't matter if a club traded in a bloke with no arms or legs, there will still be supporters that are to one eyed to say its a bad trade until it turns sour.
I haven't given you 6 boo's. I dont think ive given out 6 boo's all up since being on fan footy. Ive never thought it was a useful tool considering no one knows what comment they are being boo'd for so I just say what I disagree with, which I have.

Anyway thats why im putting this wager forward, while asking nothing of you guys who are so sure of Melbournes new recruits.
We will see how it turns out in 12 months time and if I was wrong I will wear it on the chin