Football Factory

Campbell Heath - Port Adelaide

POSITION: Defender

OFFICIAL PRICE 2013: $108,500

HEIGHT: 188cm       WEIGHT: 82kg

2010 GAMES:      DT AVERAGE: 59

2010 SCORES: 71 vs Freo    48 vs Hawks

HISTORY:

Heath was drafted to Sydney with the 61st selection in the 2008 AFL Draft. Played across half-back for the Gippsland Power in the TAC Cup. Heath remained in Melbourne for the 2009 season to finish his schooling before moving to Sydney in 2010.

He made his senior AFL debut in Sydney's round 9, 2010 loss to Fremantle at the Sydney Cricket Ground in May 2010.

After being delisted at the conclusion of the 2011 premiership season, Heath was offered another shot by the Swans and was subsequently selected on the Rookie List. He played all year as a linchpin in the reserves' back line, taking the best forwards every week in the NEAFL. His consistent form led to him being promoted to the Seniors List at the beginning of the Swans' finals run. This would imply that he is in with a strong chance of gaining at least another year on the playing list, particularly given he has survived the first list cut in which 5 players were delisted.

He was traded to the Port Adelaide Football Club during the 2012 Trade Period citing wanting to have more opportunities at AFL level.

VERDICT: If he can have a good preseason and NAB he might find a spot in Port's backline for 2013. Has played across half back before and has a great left foot kick. Was starved of opportunity at Sydney and wanted to move to a club where he could hopefully fit into the best 22 and kick start his career. The two games he did play in 2010 for the Swans he scored alright with a high of 71.

PREDICTION: Hard to say at the moment if he can get into Ports best 22 and gets games he could average 55-65 ?. Maybe an option for your bench in 2013 ?

THE Power has further extended its flexibility in defence, bringing Campbell Heath to Alberton in a deal secured with Sydney on the final day of the 2012 AFL Trade Period.

The Power has surrendered its fourth round pick (no. 72 overall) in the AFL National Draft in return for the 21-year-old and the Swans’ no. 85 pick.

Heath has endured a tumultuous start to his career, undergoing two reconstructions on a knee before being de-listed at the end of 2011 and then earning a second chance with Sydney by being rookie-listed for 2012.

Port Adelaide general manager football Peter Rohde said Heath had been unable to force his way onto the Swans’ main list during their recently-completed premiership season, but had an injury-free year playing every game in the reserves including the NEAFL grand final.

“Campbell’s shown a lot of character and enormous resilience throughout his short time in the AFL and that’s very much what we have been looking for,” Rohde said.

“He’s overcome some injuries and the harsh reality of facing the end of his career, before grabbing a lifeline and producing a really consistent year in 2012, particularly in the second half of the season and during finals.

“We think that’s a credit to him and a sign his knee and body are sound and he has plenty of football in front of him.

“While he didn’t get to play at the top level in the last year, he showed the talent that got him drafted and saw him play two AFL games in 2010 which was his first full year in the system.

“We’re sure he’ll take the opportunity that we can give him at Alberton to get back to the AFL level.”

At 188cm and 82kg, Heath is a good user of the ball from defence with an exceptional left-foot kick and an ability to play on tall forwards.

He was selected as a 17-year-old in the 2008 National Draft (no. 61), taken from Gippsland Power where he played with John Butcher who was chosen by Port Adelaide the following year.

Heath said he was excited at the prospect of playing AFL football with Port Adelaide.

“I’m really blessed to get this opportunity,” Heath said.

“All I wanted to do was find somewhere where I could hopefully play some regular senior football and Port Adelaide came to me and offered me a really good opportunity to kick-start my AFL career.

“I just want to thank the Port Adelaide Football Club for giving me this chance because I’m really excited about what’s going to happen there in the future.

“I’m very grateful to the Swans, too. They have been a great club to be a part of and have really looked after me in helping me with my injuries, so I’m thankful in that respect, also.”

Heath will meet many of his new team-mates in London next week when he joins them for the Elastoplast AFL European Challenge against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday 3 November.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6038/newsid/150287/default.aspx

Toga

could be worth a look at that price, but there's some good defender rookies around and I'm just not sold on his JS.

will watch over nab and if he can crack into the rd 1 team, he could well be a good option though!

Justin Bieber

His average is 60 technically. Lol please edit haha.

But maybe. Him or Toy may be a look,

Adamant

henry

Yeah definitely started considering after hearing of his move. One to watch over the Nab cup but could nab a spot on my bench at that price if named round 1.

Football Factory

He was on Fox Sports News last night talking with Butcher about 2013, said he was looking forward to playing for Port next year and how happy he was to be given a chance especially playing with his best mate Butcher.

A little bit of the interview here at seven sport

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/e6cc52b8-4747-3749-884c-55b8a563493b/schoolboys-reunite-at-power/

tbagrocks

Probably it should be more about "the future" himself and when he is going to get fantasy punters taking notice!

PowerBug

Carlile and Trengove are the best talls at Port. the 3rd tall will be Jack Hombsch, not Campbell Heath. NAB will tell us more, but i would look at steering clear at this point in time.

SS. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Football Factory

Quote from: SilkySkills on October 30, 2012, 08:31:22 PM
Carlile and Trengove are the best talls at Port. the 3rd tall will be Jack Hombsch, not Campbell Heath. NAB will tell us more, but i would look at steering clear at this point in time.

SS. :)
Well were not gonna put him in unless he has Nab form (named round 1) ay

Oh no Campbell Heath wont be the third tall im shattered

Campbell Heath 188cm

Hawthorn Backs ... Birchall 193cm, Lake 195cm, Suckling 187cm, Gibson 189cm, Stratton 189cm, Schoenmakers 193cm

This is a comparison of height not skill

FF  :)

Shihan7

Probably not for me. There are quite a few good back rookies/cheapies in Colquhoun, Pittard, Docherty, Thurlow, and Pederson.