POSITION: Forward

OFFICIAL PRICE 2013: $246,000

HEIGHT: 183cm     WEIGHT: 73kg

2011 GAMES: 4        DT AVERAGE: 35

2012 GAMES: 12      DT AVERAGE: 47

CAREER HIGHS:

DREAMTEAM: 70 vs Carlton in 2012

SUPERCOACH: 75 vs Melbourne in 2012

2012 SCORES48,35,37,26,52,DNP,DNP,52,54,15,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,65,50,69,70

SUB     SUB

HISTORY:

He was recruited with selection #24 at the 2010 AFL National Draft from East Fremantle and was a teammate to fellow St Kilda player Tom Ledger during the Western Australia under-18 Championships

Shortly after St Kilda recruited Jamie he was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. He learned to live with his insulin dependency whilst experiencing his first pre-season as an AFL player.

He has outstanding athletic attributes and is renowned for his work ethic on the training track

2011  Having been afforded the number 35 jumper made famous by Saints Legend Robert Harvey, Jamie was a highlight for the Saints in 2011, with the first year Western Australian recruit debuting and kicking 7 goals in 4 games. He is a defender with the ability to play midfield and up forward when required using his speed to his advantage. His season was prematurely ended unfortunately due to injury, but the hard running 19-year-old showed he can match it at the top level.

2012  After recovering from surgery to repair shin splints he returned to training at full speed and played all of St Kilda’s 2012 NAB Cup games and played 12 games for the season. Requested to be traded after becoming homesick. Signed by the West Coast for 2013.

VERDICT: Has had some difficulties dealing with injury and Diabetes in his first couple of seasons. Has gone back home after feeling homesick to play for the Eagles in 2013. Can he get games for the Eagles, i think it will be extremely hard to break into that team whether he plays back/forward or in the midfiled.

PREDICTION: I think he will get some games .. 5-10 ? and likely to cop the vest. An average of anywhere from 40-60 depending on being the sub and for the price of 245k you would be a looney to select him in your team. Not fantasy relevant for 2013.

Eagles get Cripps in 'trade heist'

WEST Coast has pulled off a trade heist by securing homesick St Kilda midfielder Jamie Cripps at little cost.

In the last trade to be ratified before the deadline of the Gillette AFL Trade Period, St Kilda moved on Cripps and pick 46 and gained picks 41 and 44 in return.

The trade was made after West Coast knocked back St Kilda's persistent attempts to gain Eagles key defender Mitch Brown in a swap involving Cripps.

Cripps wanted to return to his home state of Western Australia, while Brown wanted to return to Victoria.

West Coast's national recruiting manager, Rohan O'Brien, said the Eagles were delighted to secure the 20-year-old Cripps.

"He's a young guy we think can add some pace to our midfield and can play a few roles for us, so we're really pleased to get it done," O'Brien said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150322/default.aspx

Toga

"You'd be a looney to select him" haha good one mate, i agree ;D

Football Factory

Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2012, 02:39:51 PM
lol.. after i wrote that i thought why bother doing a profile on him .. might stop the loonies from putting him in  ;D

Toga

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 28, 2012, 02:42:44 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2012, 02:39:51 PM
lol.. after i wrote that i thought why bother doing a profile on him .. might stop the loonies from putting him in  ;D

haha its good to have a look at everyone though, i mean amongst all the crap we're sure to find some good smokies!

..or they can just be used to dissuade the loonies, as you say :P

Adamant

Doesnt look like he'll be DT relevant anytime soon...

henry

Can't see him getting many games in a strong eagles side even though big Q stick has gone. Will not be in may team especially since lecras gray knights etc are cheaper.

Shihan7

250k is way too much for a guy like Cripps, nope.