Main Menu

International Draft

Started by ossie85, October 28, 2012, 02:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

The Berlin Brewers are proud to announce the first official draft pick:

Matthew McDonough!

Needed forwards, and although this fella may have been my sixth choice and will probably be one of those small forwards who will average about 60 (for next year anyway), I really think he was the best available.

Welcome Matthew!

ossie85

Hi guys, as of today ERIC WALLACE is available in the draft after just signing on with North today... I think in the same way as Gideon Simon - these rookies are rookies without actually being drafted as rookies :/ So if anybody knows of anyone else, let me know.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/american-basketballer-signs-on-with-north-melbourne-20121220-2bofj.html

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on December 20, 2012, 03:03:19 PM

Hi guys, as of today ERIC WALLACE is available in the draft after just signing on with North today... I think in the same way as Gideon Simon - these rookies are rookies without actually being drafted as rookies :/ So if anybody knows of anyone else, let me know.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/american-basketballer-signs-on-with-north-melbourne-20121220-2bofj.html

I am fuzzy on these guys, can they play next year? Or do they have to be rookie drafted then NAB drafted or something?

ossie85

Gideon Simon isn't anywhere on the SC site, so I'm guessing no they can't play next year.

meow meow

They are signed as category B rookies and they can indeed play next year if they get upgraded, the same as category A rookies.

ossie85

Quote from: meow meow on December 20, 2012, 04:38:18 PM
They are signed as category B rookies and they can indeed play next year if they get upgraded, the same as category A rookies.

Interesting! Seems strange you can't get them on your SC team though!

CrowsFan

Draft certainly slowed down today...

ossie85

And that's 24 hours...

Basically Christmas time guys, I'm happy to be patient if you are

Ringo

Happy to let the rule relax for the next 2 weeks ossie - Let everyone enjoy the break,.

Just so long as everyone PM's the next person so they know.

c4v3m4n

Hey guys,

Sorry to hold you guys up. I'll have my pick taken in the next 30 minutes.

Just got to work. :-\

c4

roo boys!

Not a worry c4!

Unless you take the player I want, then there will be a worry :P

c4v3m4n

Well this was a tough one.

There were three outstanding players to choose from, but only one could be chosen.

The Pacific Islanders with pick 38 select...

:o

Dean Terlich!

Nige

I was genuinely surprised nobody had taken Terlich until now and was hoping by some miracle he would slip to Cairo at 44. Oh well, we've got options.

Purple 77

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dean Terlich! Argh! Would have taken him at 37 if I hadn't needed a forward!

Good pick c4 :(

CrowsFan

No surprise the Islanders needed a defender! I was considering him with my second pick, but I was much more in need of a forward than a back...