2013 Player Profiles: Jaeger O'Meara

Started by Toga, October 28, 2012, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Jaeger O'Meara (Gold Coast Suns)

Position: Mid

Price: $101,600

Summary:
The young lad that could well have been the number one pick in this year's draft was snapped up by the Suns last year as Pick #1 in the Mini-Draft. This means two things: 1. He will be priced at the bargain figure of $101,600, when he should be up around the 160K mark, and 2. He has had a year now up at the Suns' training facilities up on the Gold Coast getting his body right to go by Round 1 of 2013. Need I say more? Probably not, but here's some words from the Gold Coast website describing Jaeger:

QuoteAt just 18, O’Meara is a dynamic midfielder who gained All-Australian selection as a 15-year-old and then was added to the AFL Academy after strong performances at last year’s under-16 national championship.

The Perth colt tested superbly during the academy camp. His 2.8sec. over 20m would have placed him third at last year’s AFL Draft Combine. He also showcased his endurance by reaching level 14.3 in the beeptest.

All the pointers are that this kid will be an absolute star, don't miss the boat.

Verdict:

Predicted average: Hard to tell really but judging by all reports and his 2011 NAB National Champs stats (see below), he is a prolific ball winner, so I'll say around 70-75.

2011 NAB U18 National Champs Statistics:
Average disposals: 26
Average kicks: 12
K:H Ratio: 0.9
Average marks: 4
Average tackles: 8
Average goals: 1
Average DT points: 109

Dudge

He would have to be one the first rookie picked in most teams u would think. Not bad guns for a 18 y/o, looks ready made to me.

Nieso FC

Sweetness

Will Virtual Sports put a Premium on him though?
Same goes with Crouch...

Toga

Quote from: Sweetness on October 28, 2012, 03:08:50 PM
Same goes with Crouch...

Nope you were able to select them last year (despite them not being available for selection) for $101,600 so they'll be priced at that this year...

Not bad, eh? ;D

Sweetness

Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2012, 03:12:37 PM
Quote from: Sweetness on October 28, 2012, 03:08:50 PM
Same goes with Crouch...

Nope you were able to select them last year (despite them not being available for selection) for $101,600 so they'll be priced at that this year...

Not bad, eh? ;D

Didn't realize you could select them this year haha.

Not bad at all!  :D

Capper

locked and loaded as long as he starts R1

Justin Bieber

Yes. He is in my team at the current moment.

Football Factory

Driride

Good read with great stats , in for now

Holz

I think most people know my opinion on this guy. I still would have him locked if he was priced at the number 1 pick. The under 18s show it perfectly 26 touches is good but add the 8 tackles and he is a beast.

GC put him into surgery early so he would have basically a full pre season and be ready to play round 1. He and Crouch I feel have a big advantage over the other draftees with him basically going into his second season at GC. Add that to the fact if he is 100k he is about 70k under priced already.

Will be the first name i put into my team come day 1 of the new season.

TeeJay

JBs-Hawks

aces-high

He and Crouch are absolute locks for my team. Gonna be the same with martin next year

dswallow24