2013 Player Profile: David Rodan

Started by Football Factory, October 27, 2012, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

David Rodan - Melbourne    ( requested by Barra )

POSITION: Midfielder

OFFICIAL PRICE 2013$271,000

HEIGHT: 173cm    WEIGHT: 87kg

2007 GAMES: 22     DT AVERAGE: 71

2008 GAMES: 22      DT AVERAGE: 62

2009 GAMES: DNP     DT AVERAGE: DNP

2010 GAMES: 18      DT AVERAGE: 71

2011 GAMES: 16      DT AVERAGE: 61

2012 GAMES: 10     DT AVERAGE: 52

2012 DREAMTEAM SCORES: 32,64,DNP,DNP,77,66,68,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,67,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,DNP,42,38,37,35

CAREER HIGHS:

DREAMTEAM: 118 vs St Kilda in 2002

SUPERCOACH: 159 vs North Melbourne in 2008

HISTORY:

2007  One of the success stories of 2007, the former Tiger speedster rebounded from his delisting at the end of 2006 in sparkling fashion. Playing every game in his first season with the Power, he kicked 28 goals and finished sixth in the best and fairest and won the club's most improved player award

2008  His second year with the Power was another good one. He played every game and finished equal eighth in the best and fairest. The quick midfielder provided alot of drive through the middle, leading the club in bounces and finishing third in the centre clearances and handballs. Was a regular goalkicker with 22 for the season, including five in an outstanding performance against North Melbourne in round 22.

2009 In a tough setback for Rodan and the Power, the dynamic on-baller ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament during pre season and needed a knee reconstruction.

2010  After undergoing LARS surgery to reconstruct his left knee last pre season, he remarkably returned to ports side by round four and did not miss another game for the rest of the season. Continues to be a dynamic ball winner at clearances often leaving his opponents floundering with his speed and evasiveness. Sixth in the competition for bounces, he also led the Power in goal assists (16) was fourth for inside 50s, hard ball gets and fifth in tackles.

2011 After two bouts of LARS he was again troubled by knee issues in 2011 appearing in just 16 games. Consequently he was down on his usual input, although he still did enough to finish equal seventh in the best and fairest

2012  Managed just 10 games in 2012 and was traded to Melbourne in a three way deal. Rodan will be wearing the Dees colours in 2013 his third club.

VERDICT: An injury free Rodan has the ability to influence games with his breaks from stoppages and great goal sense but is that enough to become a relevant dreamteamer in 2013. Has been traded to the Dees, Rodan adds bite to Melbourne's midfield and Demons coach Mark Neeld is also hopeful the veteran can offer great guidance to the club's rising stars. Has had issues with his knees over the years and never averaged over 71. A no for me better options around like Ball,Embley and Moloney.

PREDICTION: At a new club with plenty of opportunity, he could raise his average a little 70-75 ?.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150250/default.aspx

Spite

I guess you could say...

For his price, he is worth a look.

YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH

Football Factory

Quote from: Spite on October 27, 2012, 04:13:18 PM
I guess you could say...

For his price, he is worth a look.

YYYEEEAAAHHHHHHHHH

LOL ..

The It

not even remotely considering. Rookies this year pose better value

Football Factory

Quote from: The It on October 27, 2012, 05:08:53 PM
Or Midpricers ... Ball,Embley and Maloney

Capper

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 27, 2012, 05:48:54 PM
Quote from: The It on October 27, 2012, 05:08:53 PM
Or Midpricers ... Ball,Embley and Maloney
Possible DPP but only very slight chance, m0nty has him as retired so thats why he isnt in the Fanplanner.

Like FF and IT said no due to rooks and mids, a maybe if DPP

TeeJay

No way in hell. Will get injured again

Adamant

Driride

not for me , really can,t see much upside in him

Dudge

Being a Power supporter, while sad to lose him, i think u'd be a lot better going with a gun rookie. On his day he can brake lines, but a no for me

Toga

He's got the (unwanted) tag of the 'Super Sub' - something that will probably stick with him at melbourne, which means he'll unfortunately be spending a good deal of time in the green vest imo...

Dudge

Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2012, 02:37:08 PM
He's got the (unwanted) tag of the 'Super Sub' - something that will probably stick with him at melbourne, which means he'll unfortunately be spending a good deal of time in the green vest imo...

Yeah i agree with that Toga, plus he wasn't getting picked at all towards the end. Whether that was his fault or the coaching panels fault is up to us to work out i guess

Toga

Quote from: Dudge on October 28, 2012, 02:42:10 PM
Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2012, 02:37:08 PM

Yeah i agree with that Toga, plus he wasn't getting picked at all towards the end. Whether that was his fault or the coaching panels fault is up to us to work out i guess

i think the power definitely would've benefitted from his explosiveness from packs (who saw that last game of the season vs richmond? he basically got them across the line for a draw by bursting a contest), so idk why they weren't choosing him..

melbourne have a host of good mids so they probably don't need him as much, but he'll be very valuable as a specialty sub though, they'll use him in that role for most of the season imo

ronl

He is quite capable of turning a game off his own boot...trouble is, not often enough.  I like him as a player but, NO.

henry

I love how he can change a game but that ability doesn't lend itself to good DT scores. I will consider if he gets DPP but not if he's onlya mid.