Main Menu

2012 Draft - Who Do You Want?

Started by Mr.Craig, October 24, 2012, 03:00:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

The Hawks currently have picks 28, 65, 66, 84, 102, 120 and 138. What type of player (i.e position/qualities) would you like to see the Hawks recruit?

Personally I'd like to see pick 28 used on a tall defender. Plowman, Jaksch and Clurey will be long gone but I think Jackson Thurlow might still be around. He's not huge at 190cm but he's that typical Hawthorn type, versatile and gets a heap of the ball. Plus he's a Tassie boy which would help with our marketing down there. I know we just recruited Lake but with Gilham and Murphy walking we could do with another young guy to develop.

However the Hawks could well go for a midfielder with their first pick. Sewell and Mitchell won't be around forever so someone like Ben Kearns who is also a handy goalkicker might be an option.

A tall-ish forward may also be a consideration. Jordan Bourke, Max Duffy, Liam Flaherty or even Khan Haretuku might be on the radar.

But that's just my thoughts. What do you think?

CrowsFan

For a tall defender what about Tanner Smith from North Ballarat? Heard he is a pretty good defensive prospect. Last year had the most spoils out of everyone in the TAC Cup...

Mr.Craig

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 24, 2012, 04:39:14 PM
For a tall defender what about Tanner Smith from North Ballarat? Heard he is a pretty good defensive prospect. Last year had the most spoils out of everyone in the TAC Cup...

Tanner would be nice but I don't think he'll survive past the first round. :(

CrowsFan

Guess it really depends on how many teams are after key defenders with their first pick/s ;)

JBs-Hawks

Would prefer a 195cm + defender than thurlow need to start breeding gibbos replacement.

Also wouldn't mind some young inside mids to replace Sewell and Mitch

Mr.Craig

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 24, 2012, 08:46:28 PM
Would prefer a 195cm + defender than thurlow need to start breeding gibbos replacement.

There's Aidan Corr from the Northern Knights, 194cm and seems like a likely type. Or Nick Rodda from W.A but I think we can get him with a later selection, leaving us free to pick up a mid first up.

the flying hawk

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 24, 2012, 08:46:28 PM

Also wouldn't mind some young inside mids to replace Sewell and Mitch
already got those two for sewell and mitch schnieder and woodward :) i would like a player named dayle garlett 185cm tall mid/forward left footer very good ball user and sneaky around goals.:)

Scrads

henry

Yeah if there are no good tall defenders left I'd want a decent mid too,

Scrads

Heard from a source close to him that we have told Mason Middleton we will be drafting him with Pick 72.

Don't know anything about him really, quick google told me he is a 191cm Forward for Westies.

Scrads

Quote from: Scrads on November 18, 2012, 06:58:41 PM
Heard from a source close to him that we have told Mason Middleton we will be drafting him with Pick 72.

Don't know anything about him really, quick google told me he is a 191cm Forward for Westies.

Well this is embarassing, there was a misunderstanding :(

His cousin (go easy, she is pretty AFL-naive) just saw him going to us on a website somewhere (I assume some sort of mock draft) and thought that meant we were definitely picking him :-[

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Scrads on November 19, 2012, 08:31:00 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 18, 2012, 06:58:41 PM

Well this is embarassing, there was a misunderstanding :(

His cousin (go easy, she is pretty AFL-naive) just saw him going to us on a website somewhere (I assume some sort of mock draft) and thought that meant we were definitely picking him :-[

That....is....classic. ;D

She probably saw it here -

http://www.facebook.com/theafloffseason/posts/307717996009476