Price: $358,100 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 20

2012 Games: 20

2011 Average: 62.1

2012 Average: 69.2

2012 Tons: 1

Big games: Bulldogs (104)

Summary:
Titch Edwards really picked up his game this season, although it didn't really show marked improvement in his DT output. Kicking 29 goals this year, the third highest of any tiger. I expect him to continue to improve next year, as I really liked what I saw this year, but I am not convinced this will translate into him becoming a DT-worthy selection in 2013. An interesting point, however, is that he started pretty slowly to season 2012 after being shunted a bit in 2011, but really hit his straps after round 8. From this point onwards, he averaged a very respectable 76 ppg between round 8 and the end of the season - this statistic would just about justify his selection at his price. Probably a bit more of an SC'er, Titch could make a valuable addition to your DT next year as a nice POD, but he doesn't have enough big games, which along with the odd 50 or 60-odd score, to be in my team next year.

Verdict:
Too awkwardly priced for me, even though he will probably lift his average as the ball goes into the tigers' fwd 50 a bit more next year!

Predicted 2013 average: 75

Holz

He would be a cent pick up guys like Gray, Lecras, Krak, Knights represent too much value. Might be someone to look at in SC but just feel there are too many better options in DT.

Very interesting read though

JBs-Hawks

My Smokey pick in Asians and Monty has him down as a forwards awesome.

Cheers toga

Spinking

Probably not for me. Just don't think he can push his average up enough to make that spend worthwhile.

Adamant

Great work as always Toga 8)

Edwards had a good back end to the year, but cant see him averaging enough to justify that awkward price...not to mention guys like LeCras, Gray, Knights, Bock, etc who'll average more for much cheaper.

Jroo

Nice work Toga!
I like Edwards up forward for the Tigers. Really improved this year but can't see him being a solid fantasy scorer

Windigo

IMO will never be a DT gun. But will be a handy player. Just not that DT relevant.  :-\

aces-high

Finally found his calling as an AFL player in 2012. Titch will be a handy player for us over the next few years but i dont think he will be fantasy relevent much like nahas. They are both too small to play on ball, both dont kick bags of goals and dont rack up the possies. Might average 75+to 80 but there are better options next year  ;)

henry

Quote from: aces-high on October 25, 2012, 02:07:39 AM
Finally found his calling as an AFL player in 2012. Titch will be a handy player for us over the next few years but i dont think he will be fantasy relevent much like nahas. They are both too small to play on ball, both dont kick bags of goals and dont rack up the possies. Might average 75+to 80 but there are better options next year  ;)
Yeah agree, not for me next year.

Shihan7

Nice one Toga. I dont think Edwards will ever pass that 75 avg mark, so a pass for me.