2013 Player Profile: Anthony Morabito

Started by Football Factory, October 22, 2012, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Anthony Morabito - Fremantle ( Has re-injured his knee )  9/1/2013
                                                     http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-09/injury-scare-for-morabito

POSITION: Midfielder

HEIGHT: 191cm    WEIGHT: 97kg

OFFICIAL PRICE FOR 2013: $108,500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 DREAMTEAM SCORES: 50,63,98,47,42,54,63,60,48,45,44,55,42,83,88,62,31,38,48,62,DNP,67,(Elim)96,(Semi)54

Injury: Rnd 13 vs Carlton (42) (broken nose)  Rnd 18 vs West Coast (38) (split above eye)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010 GAMES: 21      DT AVERAGE: 56

2011 ------   KNEE INJURY    -----------

2012 ------   KNEE INJURY    -----------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HISTORY:

2010 Fremantles top pick in the NAB AFL Draft. Starred for Western Australia at the NAB AFL U-18 Championships, gaining All Australian honours. Athletic winger who was ready made to play at senior level with his pace, kicking and marking key strenghts to his game. Played 23 games in his debut season and improved as the year progressed. Playing mainly on the wing and attack, he was damaging with his ability to run and carry the ball and his long kicking.

2011 Missed the entire 2011 season after injuring his ACL at training late in year

2012 Suffered a setback in his planned returned to senior football after injuring his left knee at training. Morabito's left knee required a second reconstruction in what was a devastating blow for the gifted midfielder.

VERDICT: According to the news Morabito is aiming to play in the round 1 derby against West Coast. If he plays NAB and is named round 1 you would have to seriously consider. Mature aged and has a season of AFL under his belt already

PREDICTION: If he plays round 1 and stays injury free, he could play anywhere from 15-20 games and average 65-75 ? Will you take the risk .. remember he has had 2 knee reco's already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREMANTLE could be bolstered for its Round 1 Western Derby by a remarkable return from injury by midfielder Anthony Morabito.

Morabito's manager, Colin Young, said the Dockers bolter was confident he would be ready to put his hand up for the season opener and could be in line for selection as early as the NAB Cup, marking an against-the-odds recovery from consecutive knee reconstructions.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/fremantles-anthony-morabito-confident-of-a-round-1-return-in-2013/story-e6frf9jf-1226499884993

Hagebear

Even if named round 1 I don't think I'll pick him. Going to be some quality mid rookies this year. I think morabito will be a prime vest candidate.

Football Factory

Quote from: Hagebear on October 22, 2012, 09:41:34 PM
Even if named round 1 I don't think I'll pick him. Going to be some quality mid rookies this year. I think morabito will be a prime vest candidate.
Yeah fair call, could get himself some vests early on .. so could the rookies aswell tho ?

Capper

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 22, 2012, 09:46:44 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on October 22, 2012, 09:41:34 PM
Yeah fair call, could get himself some vests early on .. so could the rookies aswell tho ?
yeh and there is no doubt that if Morabito can stay fit he will be a gun. I guess we will have to wait until Round 1 to find out who is in and out

If he plays R1 and 2 then he might be a R3 trade in before the prices go up

Dave085

He was aiming to play late last season and i had him in my sights as a downgrade target but unfortunately he never made it. Ill be strongly considering him. There was a bit of hype about this bloke.

Cicjose

just because you are a top 5 pick doesn't mean you are going to be amazing..........

Mr.Craig

As a downgrade target...maybe.

As a starter...highly doubtful.

quinny88

Been a wasted 2 years, he looked very good in his first year.
Hopefully he can pick up where he left off, although, there was no sub rule the last time he played. He might be finding himself acquainted with the fluro's

S_Coach99

Adamant

Ricochet

Seriously considering starting him if his body holds up. Have seen a bit of him over the years in the WAFL and he will be a gun.
He just needs to get his body right

Toga

Will definitely have a look at that price

Barra17

Quote from: Ricochet on October 23, 2012, 12:32:14 PM
He just needs to get his body right

His body and his attitude. I have seen him absolutely drunk and spewing everywhere. Just something else to think about...

Football Factory

My attitude must be bad aswell  :-\ .. ive been drunk and spewed everywhere several times  8)

Barra17

Okay, maybe switch attitude with work ethic. Could've matured up and may not be a problem, but we all know what happens when players have binges... Swan anyone?