Main Menu

Is he serious? o.O

Started by KoopKicka, October 22, 2012, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150063/default.aspx

NEW ADELAIDE recruit Angus Graham has a message for teammate Sam Jacobs: the fight for the number one ruck position is on.

After a season in which Jacobs emerged as one of the AFL's premier big men, topping the League in hit-outs to advantage, most saw Graham's trade to Adelaide a move to fill the back-up ruck role vacated by Kurt Tippett when he expressed desire to join the Sydney Swans.

But the former Richmond ruckman didn't get the memo.

Graham told 5AA radio on Monday afternoon that Jacobs wasn't entitled to the number one ruck position at the club on reputation alone and, if he outperformed him over the pre-season, he would expect to be named at first ruck.

"I've been number one before and I still think I'm a very good player and can take his spot, so I'm not just going to allow him to walk straight in, I'm going to fight over the pre-season and put my best foot forward," Graham said.

Jroo

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 22, 2012, 08:27:29 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150063/default.aspx

NEW ADELAIDE recruit Angus Graham has a message for teammate Sam Jacobs: the fight for the number one ruck position is on.

After a season in which Jacobs emerged as one of the AFL's premier big men, topping the League in hit-outs to advantage, most saw Graham's trade to Adelaide a move to fill the back-up ruck role vacated by Kurt Tippett when he expressed desire to join the Sydney Swans.

But the former Richmond ruckman didn't get the memo.

Graham told 5AA radio on Monday afternoon that Jacobs wasn't entitled to the number one ruck position at the club on reputation alone and, if he outperformed him over the pre-season, he would expect to be named at first ruck.

"I've been number one before and I still think I'm a very good player and can take his spot, so I'm not just going to allow him to walk straight in, I'm going to fight over the pre-season and put my best foot forward," Graham said.
LOL just saw that myself  ;D

Spite

Justin Bieber

I would open a betting market and get some money on Graham lol.

tbagrocks

And Rowey and Cornsey in that 5AA interview were talking about the SANFL and the Crows reserves team (still pending) pretty funny but feel sorry for the bloke! And still talk of White! Another for the SANFL :P

Capper

That is hilarious, i needed a laugh today

McRooster

Hats off to him. The impressive young lad from King Island spoke very well on 5aa tonight. The fact he wants to BE in Adelaide makes his currency to those at West lakes seem ten fold above Judas Tippett.
+ His career scoring conversion is 66%  :D

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on October 22, 2012, 08:47:45 PM
I would open a betting market and get some money on Graham lol.
Lol what would the odds be?
Spud Graham $101
Jacobs $1.01

Antsey

Far out! You cannot dismiss such a great attitude - as my old boss taught me:  Hire for attitude, train for skills.

Plus coming into the Adelaide system from the Richmond system he can only improve.

Disrespect him all you want but at least he standing up and saying he's going to have a crack.

Hagebear

Adelaide is clearly trading to win the 2014 reserves premiership!

PowerBug

Quote from: Antsey on October 22, 2012, 09:35:02 PM
Far out! You cannot dismiss such a great attitude - as my old boss taught me:  Hire for attitude, train for skills.

Plus coming into the Adelaide system from the Richmond system he can only improve.

Disrespect him all you want but at least he standing up and saying he's going to have a crack.
I'm sort of with you here, at least he's saying that he'll try to take over Sam as No. 1. It's a positive attitude, but... it's still funny lol, it's Angus Graham.

Oh, and on the side, try to look at that article, and say Angus Graham and keep a straight face. I can't.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Antsey

The thing that got me excited about Brenton Sanderson is that he came from a winning culture at Geelong - that stuff rubs off fast. 

Neil Craig was a brilliant technician but didn't have any passion or mongrel in him.  His favourite adjective was "a bit" geez hat annoyed me!  Totes lame arsed MOTR stuff.

Drop Graham into this culture with his attitude he may well thrive.  If he doesn't then yes he's the massive spud.

Don't forget Tambling was a pre Sando pick and Maric went pre Sando too. 

Sanderson is a winner.

Justin Bieber

A little switch-a-roo.

Maric for Graham lol.

Tominator

Quote from: whatlez on October 22, 2012, 10:20:42 PM
A little switch-a-roo.

Maric for Graham lol.

and Tambling for Knights    ::)

quinny88

Quote from: Antsey on October 22, 2012, 09:52:09 PM
The thing that got me excited about Brenton Sanderson is that he came from a winning culture at Geelong - that stuff rubs off fast. 

Neil Craig was a brilliant technician but didn't have any passion or mongrel in him.  His favourite adjective was "a bit" geez hat annoyed me!  Totes lame arsed MOTR stuff.

Drop Graham into this culture with his attitude he may well thrive.  If he doesn't then yes he's the massive spud.

Don't forget Tambling was a pre Sando pick and Maric went pre Sando too. 

Sanderson is a winner.

Just a few points on what you have just said.
Almost every coach comes directly from a winning culture, as a matter of fact I think they all are. Thats a major factor as to why they are hired. Sando is not special in that regard.

Your comparison of Craig and Sando is a bit off. Craig had plenty of Mongrel and passion he just lost a bit of connection with the players towards the end. If your saying Sando has more mongrel in him, im yet to see him not have a smile on his face..

As far as Angus Graham goes, his problem has never been his attitude or desire. His problem is simply talent, or lack of. He miss times every ruck jump, he is uncoordinated, he cant take a contested mark and like a lot of ruckman his skills are poor.

And Tabling went Pre Sando but Maric did not. Sanderson asked Maric to stay as there was a role for him but the garunteed #1 ruck position was too good an offer to turn down.