Main Menu

Joel Selwood

Started by Ziplock, October 22, 2012, 12:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

I heard a rumour about 2,3, 12 going to the cats for selwood.

I doubt it's true though, I mean, geelong are clearly attempting to challenge for the premiership again...

but thoughts?  Personally I'm ok with it, I think it's *relatively* even, I mean that's a ridiculous amount of very high picks, but selwood's worth it... the cats could do with some talented youngsters, and honestly, we probably have enough.

what's everyone else's thoughts?

TBH though, another mid probs isn't super what we need...

JBs-Hawks

Reckon selwood will be a cat for life

Capper

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 22, 2012, 12:27:51 AM
You are asking a club captain of a team that might win the gf next year to join the team that got the wooden spoon?? Ridiculous!!!

Only chance of this happening wiould be if the cats won the gf last year and Jelwwod got the Brownlow (GAJ style)

Chopps

i think that would be to many picks to start with plus can not see Selwood going anywhere.

he is club captain and a three time premiership player, he seems like a loyal bloke and the cats have a fair bit of young talent coming through also he is young himself 24 or about to be 25 add to that doesnt seem like the cats should bottom out and with the added stock from trades may well reinvent themselves yet again and push up the ladder

Justin Bieber

This is a worse rumour than any of ones I made haha

Toga

Although it is a showerload of high draft picks Selwood is worth more than that anyway.

Just like Cotchin is at Richmond, young leader who won't be leaving even if they throw a big pay check at him

quinny88

Sounds like the kind of rumour that you would hear from a couple of pissed blokes at the pub.
Would never happen

PowerBug

I think alot of these 'rumours' are just what the board at GWS are talking about as they claim to want a gun player for these picks. So it's highly unlikely that any rumours including multiple of GWS's top picks will go through. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Chopps

Gws are better taking three young guns Imo then a star. Gives them more chances of snagging the next superstar

Toga

Quote from: Chopps on October 24, 2012, 09:20:48 AM
Gws are better taking three young guns Imo then a star. Gives them more chances of snagging the next superstar

yeah that's true but at the same time i think its important for them to have some experience in their side, as its important for the development of young players...

they don't have to be stars, just experienced bigger bodies (ala Campbell Brown)

Chopps

Yep that's right toga bit with free agency they should be able to do that without the need to spend high draft picks

Ricochet

GAJ style? haha but seriously Jelwood wouldn't do that.

whatlex

This rumor is worse than my made up ones :o

Justin Bieber

Quote from: whatlex on November 13, 2012, 08:49:41 PM
This rumor is worse than my made up ones :o
What rumours did you make up in the first place?

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 22, 2012, 12:27:51 AM

I think so to, cant see him ever leaving the Cats unless he's offered something huge monetary wise even then he'd probably think about it longer than most but in saying that i never thought Gaz would leave either. Money can change anything or anyones mind.