British 15s - Rookie Draft

Started by Spinking, October 21, 2012, 06:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picker_man

Quote from: Ringo on January 09, 2013, 12:29:18 PM
Elephants/Spite have till 3:48 (EST) to pick 24 hr rule.  If someone has Facebook or other for them perhaps now is the time to remind them.  If they do not pick by then their pick will be Thomas Curren (St Kilda)

Only problem i see with this Auto pick rule thingy is someone like ele has been away for quite a while (why you'd go to tassie for so long i wouldnt know haha) and would have no clue its in force, when he or Spite get a chance to come online and realise they've been forced to take Curren but other players are still available they'd want, what would happen then are they still stuck with Curren or can change it??

Basicaly I dont agree with adding this rule during the draft, can completely understand why it has happened but just a bit to unfair imo

kilbluff1985

the relaxation period was only going to happen for about 2 weeks or so if coaches know they are going to be away the should have an assistant that will be on to keep track of things or just assign someone they trust to take picks for them it's really not hard

Ringo

If majority of coaches agree I will scrap the autopick and just skip them.  They will then pick when next on line from all remaining available players. 
Rules did not dictate what happened if not picked as we did not get this scenario so I used rules from other comps to keep draft moving.

picker_man

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 09, 2013, 05:06:35 PM
the relaxation period was only going to happen for about 2 weeks or so if coaches know they are going to be away the should have an assistant that will be on to keep track of things or just assign someone they trust to take picks for them it's really not hard

Yeah I get that KB but I thought the rule was if your not online in 24hrs then your skipped and can take your pick when you return which is the rule we all know, but now you come online to see its changed and you've been given a player you may not want instead, doesnt seem right to me

picker_man

Quote from: Ringo on January 09, 2013, 05:11:17 PM
If majority of coaches agree I will scrap the autopick and just skip them.  They will then pick when next on line from all remaining available players. 
Rules did not dictate what happened if not picked as we did not get this scenario so I used rules from other comps to keep draft moving.

talking from what ive seen in AXV and EXV unless you nominate to go on autopick its just you pick when you return, I guess it makes no difference to me so i'll shut up now haha but im not a fan of changing rules half way through things

kilbluff1985

yeah i guess but don't think it really matters at this stage of the drafting and the rule generally favors the coach if it happens early in a draft so i like the rule say they don't get back until after the draft wont be much to choose from

Ricochet

I can pick for Ele and Spite fellas... sorry just read this. Give us a couple of minutes

Nails

I'm on holiday so internet access is very rare here, have to borrow someone's laptop....

can you just autopick for me please? idc who

Ringo

Quote from: Nails on January 09, 2013, 05:44:47 PM
I'm on holiday so internet access is very rare here, have to borrow someone's laptop....

can you just autopick for me please? idc who
Zip has been picking for you Nails.

Ricochet

we'll take Hayden Schloithe
i'll msg Coll

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 05:02:38 PM
Elephants/Spite have till 3:48 (EST) to pick 24 hr rule.  If someone has Facebook or other for them perhaps now is the time to remind them.  If they do not pick by then their pick will be Thomas Curren (St Kilda)

Only problem i see with this Auto pick rule thingy is someone like ele has been away for quite a while (why you'd go to tassie for so long i wouldnt know haha) and would have no clue its in force, when he or Spite get a chance to come online and realise they've been forced to take Curren but other players are still available they'd want, what would happen then are they still stuck with Curren or can change it??

Basicaly I dont agree with adding this rule during the draft, can completely understand why it has happened but just a bit to unfair imo

Is there anyone left that anyone actually wants :P

Colliwobblers

there are over 100 players left in the AXVs after the draft is basically finished.

I have 4 picks left in this draft and the list of players to pick from is surely incomplete.

I am hoping we can get a list of all the players available before my next 3 picks as this list is light on for talent and i need to pick 3 more

Alex Howson

MTTY

EDIT: Thought it was my pick...sorry

Have removed. Boomz is up yes?

picker_man

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 09, 2013, 06:17:19 PM
Quote from: picker_man on January 09, 2013, 05:02:38 PM

Is there anyone left that anyone actually wants :P

yep there's 2 guys left i'd want but have no picks left......

there isnt really haha but you obviously missed my point.

Ringo

Getting a list of AFL listed players is not easy.  The AFL site lists for 2013 is incomplete as it does not contain most clubs rookie lists.

Will look at doing a complete cross check when able but at the moment we have to go with what I have been left with.  I have suspected that we are probably missing some 20/30 players when I was unable to come up with enough players for 3 rounds of Rookie draft plus compensation.

As I said above finding a have been unable to find a definitive list so have made the decision to run with what we have,