Main Menu

When I was a kid...

Started by Spinking, October 21, 2012, 11:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyronerd

Quote from: Spinking on October 22, 2012, 08:20:50 PM
I read an article the other day that said on average Australians still see themselves as 'kids' until around 26 years old. Reckon that's probably true, I still played up a fair bit until well into my mid 20's...
at the rate I'm going I'll still be considered a kid at 80 :P

McRooster

When I was a kid your curfew was when the street lights came on and you called your neighbours Uncle and Aunty. Every summer weekend you woke up at six am and watched cartoons (Herculoids, Space Ghost, Masters of the Universe) and then went yabbying until your bucket was full. 

When I was a kid I remember thinking I wanted to be older, now that I'm older I wish I was a kid again  :P

T Dog

Quote from: McRooster on October 22, 2012, 09:24:25 PM
When I was a kid your curfew was when the street lights came on and you called your neighbours Uncle and Aunty. Every summer weekend you woke up at six am and watched cartoons (Herculoids, Space Ghost, Masters of the Universe) and then went yabbying until your bucket was full. 

When I was a kid I remember thinking I wanted to be older, now that I'm older I wish I was a kid again  :P

Ahhh,..Herculoids...brings back memories..also TinTin, Bugs Bunny, AstroBoy... ;D

McRooster

When I was a kid eating sour sobs was a delicacy and hitting six was out in back yard cricket. + you were always shower scared if you were the one that had to get the footy back from old man Popeyes back yard (scary flowering dog) or from Mrs Drury's front yard (scary Mrs Drury).
When I was kid there were no deadlines, no budgets and houses cost 12k  ::)

Ziplock

kk roost, we get it, you're rrrrrreeeeeally old.

like... 25? or like 30ish? :P

RiOtChEsS

we r all kids at heart forever 8)

Tominator

when I was a kid.... oh wait, I still am   ;D

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Tominator on October 22, 2012, 10:34:51 PM
when I was a kid.... oh wait, I still am   ;D

Where is Jukes? lol.

Tominator

Dudge

Quote from: Marcz on October 22, 2012, 10:28:41 PM
we r all kids at heart forever 8)

Not a truer thing written. At 52 i still feel like a kid mentally- pity the body does'nt follow my head :)

Nige

When I was a kid, I was addicted to Pokemon and The Wiggles!  ;D

Capper

I was looking after my newphews and niece on the weekend and it turned into a 4 hour session of playing lego. Loved it, had a ball

Nige

Quote from: tabs on October 24, 2012, 03:54:31 PM
I was looking after my newphews and niece on the weekend and it turned into a 4 hour session of playing lego. Loved it, had a ball
I remember the days of lego. As Mum works 9 to 5, I spent most of my childhood at daycare before and after school. Still have fond memories of standing on lego, building towers with it and fighting over pieces! I'm making myself sound and feel old, but I'm only 17...and it feels like ages ago.

Master Q

When I was a kid, everyone had hover cars that ran on electricity  ::) The sun also came out everyday, I wish my kids could experience that  :'(

:P