Main Menu

When I was a kid...

Started by Spinking, October 21, 2012, 11:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

When I was a kid...

Dudge was still old  ;D

Capper

When i was a kid we only had a black and white TV. Didnt know what time the television stations stopped transmitting as i wasnt allowed to watch in for that long.

I also remember Betacord VCRs with remotes that actually had a cord running to the VCR

Cracker night was fantastic, but thinking back to it now, drunken adults with fireworks around kids is never a good idea

and Milk was delivered to your door

Grazz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 21, 2012, 04:23:52 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2012, 04:18:39 PM
When i was a kid you could get 5 Cobbers for a cent and the Deli sold cigaretes individually to help us poor young smokers out  :o
glad thats changed for the better.
LOL, where they an overpay?  :P

Think the guy slugged us 5 cents a ciggy, we used to take the big coke bottles back and trade em in on smokes, 4 for a bottle  :-[

Torpedo10

Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2012, 05:25:27 PM
When i was a kid you could get 5 Cobbers for a cent and the Deli sold cigaretes individually to help us poor young smokers out  :o

Think the guy slugged us 5 cents a ciggy, we used to take the big coke bottles back and trade em in on smokes, 4 for a bottle  :-[
RIPOFF  :o

quinny88

Im only 24, but still a lot has changed from when I was a kid till now.

Memorys from when I was a kid from About 92'-99'

-Most kids had a bowl cut or a mullet
-VCR's were the norm, when DVD players eventually came out you had to be rich to have one.
-Had a Super Nintendo. If it stuffed up you blew the dust out of the cartridge and it worked a treat.
-Space Jam was my favourite movie
-Captain Planet was my favourite cartoon.
-Was out kicking the footy or riding my bike every day
-Tazo's were in chip packets
-The bigger collection of pokemon cards you had the more popular you were
-There was a huge Yo-Yo faze for a couple of years. "the brain" and "the fireball" were the best ones.
-Everyone had a Super soaker water pistol
-Girls had Polly pockets, boys had mighty max
-The spice girls, Hanson and the backstreet boys were HUGE
-Arcade's like timezone were packed with kids
-Carey and Ablett were the best players
-They used a hole punch for my Richmond membership each game
-Richmond were still rubbish  ::) .......apart from 95' lol

Grazz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 21, 2012, 05:27:48 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 21, 2012, 05:25:27 PM

RIPOFF  :o

haha yeh it was seeing you could get a Pie for 13 cents and a can of coke was like 8 cents.

Dudge

Quote from: Nails on October 21, 2012, 05:02:08 PM
When I was a kid...

Dudge was still old  ;D

Like it Nails, gave u a cheer for that bud :)

KoopKicka

Quote from: elephants on October 21, 2012, 04:38:32 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on October 21, 2012, 04:36:26 PM
Im still a kid :o

When I was a kid I used to scooter to the local video store every week to hire my favourite Nintendo 64 game Banjo Tooie, there were Yowie chocolates in the supermarkets (the best), I would watch the wild thornberrys every day and I would rape the A button of my GBA every day with a pokemon emerald cartridge inside. I was also a lot more appreciative of things, something which todays 6-9 year olds arent, and its shocking.

So yeah, only have 15 years and a half years to reminisce on, not as much as you guys, but still. :P

I swore you were 2-3 years older :P

Haha Ive had about 6 or 7 people say that to me already. :P

LF

When I was a kid we had atari or commodore 64
We could take $1 to school to buy stuff at the canteen and get something for recess and lunch
$1 worth of chips from the fish and chips shop fed 4 of us for lunch
lollies were 1or 2 cents each
there were beta VCR`s
We had to heat stuff like spag,baked beans or milk on the stove because we had no mircowave until I was a bit older
We listened to music on records or tapes and we used to sit listening to the top 20 on the radio with our finger on the record button to record songs.
Rollerskating was the big thing to do on Friday night or Saturday.
Concerts were so cheap e.g my first concert in 1989 was 1927 and it cost $9.90 for a ticket.
We played outside all the time even when it was raining (got majorly busted for this tho coming inside soaking wet in my trackies)
We rode our bikes everywhere even places I wouldn`t dare let my kids go now by themselves
We ate sour grass and i don`t know why we did it tasted disgusting lol
Rainbow Brite,She-ra,He-Man,Strawberry Shortcake,Original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were some of the cartoons we watched and also had the toys
Also had cartoons like Gummi Bears,original Scooby Doo,original,Smurfs,Care Bears,Looney Tunes,Kimba the White Lion,original Astroboy,Transformers,Ducktales,Pac-man,The Jetsons,Topcat,Chip and Dale rescue rangers,Superfriends,Denver the Last Dinosaur,Godzilla,Fraggle Rock,Hong Kong Phooey,Dangermouse,Donkey Kong,Mario Bros,Alvin and the Chipmunks,Captain Caveman,The Pink Panther,Felix the Cat

upthemaidens

When I was young  MASH, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch were on TV all the time.... oh wait nothing has changed..  :P

Ringo

But can anyone else lay claim to watching Bellbird or listening to Blue Hills both classic original serials on the ABC.

Just to really show my age my Beatles ticket cost 3 pound 5 shillings. Todays equivalent $6.50.  Yes luv they were cheap till prices syrocketed in price in the late 80's as venues became larger and grandiose.

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2012, 06:36:47 PM
But can anyone else lay claim to watching Bellbird or listening to Blue Hills both classic original serials on the ABC.
Actually...yeah i can...and GTO, Z Cars, 2 Ronnies, Graham Kennedy.. :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ringo

Quote from: T Dog on October 21, 2012, 06:39:44 PM
Actually...yeah i can...and GTO, Z Cars, 2 Ronnies, Graham Kennedy.. :'( :'( :'( :'(
GTO does not ring a bell with me but the others do. Feeling our ages TD

T Dog

Quote from: Ringo on October 21, 2012, 06:41:24 PM
Quote from: T Dog on October 21, 2012, 06:39:44 PM
GTO does not ring a bell with me but the others do. Feeling our ages TD
I think it was one of the names of the 10 minute music show on ch 2 well before countdown came along..lol

Maca24

I'm 17 and I still think the generation of kids has changed sooo much!
When I was 5-10 all we did was go out in the morning and come back at night. My parents enforced this.
Never were we inside unless it was pouring rain.
I think this generation has really missed out on what good fun is! Now I see 5 year olds with phones, Ipads, Nintendo DS and all the gadgets and all they do is sit inside and play them. It's ridiculous!

Things from late nineties:
Tazos in chips
Flat back TV's
VCR's
Battery controlled devices
Teletubbies!