Colliwobblers Early Fan Planner Mayhem

Started by Colliwobblers, October 21, 2012, 02:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

So throwing a quick team together for a starting point, potentially a little unrealistic as I have used all the $$$$ available.

Most of it anyway, But I have also taken the high draft pick priced rooks so with bit of luck a team like this is possible...

Wanted Ball in the midfield at M6 but that is a little unlikely given the expense but at $266 in the fan planner he is hard to go past. Also not sure if I won't bump one of the midfield rooks for Crouch a lot will depend on preseason and nab cup with rooks

TEAM NAME: Colliwobblers 2013

DEF: J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, C. Howard, N. Bock, J. Pittard, B. Staker, T. Clurey (S. Docherty, R. Laird)

MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, J. O'Meara (L. Whitfield, J. Toumpas)

RUC: I. Maric, M. Leuenberger (M. Gawn, M. Daw)

FWD: L. Franklin, T. Walker, D. Martin, T. Cloke, M. LeCras, T. Varcoe, J. Daniher (B. Macaffer, J. Stringer)

CASH LEFT: $69,800

very rough draft but two parts of this team that i am firm on are the midfield and the ruck set up.

Daw is the next NicNat and Gawn is 2nd only to spudilands in height, surely with a big preseason he will see senior action at the Dees.

Last season I got enticed by the plethora of midfield rooks available and started only 3 premium mids, this season I intend to over correct and start 5!

Defense is just making up the numbers aftre bock I will work out who gets a gig back there much later in the preseason.

Same with the fwds the best midpriced options will become clearer closer to the season starting and the same with all my rooks.

Mr.Craig

Well, it's different I'll give you that.

I still wake up in cold sweats thinking about my decision to start with Howard this year but maybe you'll have better luck. With 5/11 scores under 50 in 2012 you'll probably need it. I would place Ballard, Plowman, Colquhoun and Jaksch ahead of Clurey for scoring potential but like you said, the NAB will tell the tale. Your forward line is a little less speculative than the backs but boy, it still carries the risk of underperforming horribly some weeks. A good DPP like Rockliffe would help sure things up there, I'd say at the expense of Cloke but it would probably sit better with you if I said Walker. ;)

Your bench ruck combo is interesting, gives me something to think about. I still reckon Grundy will go alright even with Giles staying but the lack of ruck depth at Melb and Nth. Melb does give those guys a leg up.

Not the kind of structure I would go with but it could work out nicely if certain things fall into place. :)

Capper

nice start Colli, finally a team with Swan, Beams and Pendles in it, but for how long??

Personally i think Swan and GAJ are too expensive to start and would be better as upgrade target.

Also why wouldnt you have one of Bock and Staker in the backs and the other in the forwards for the DPP value??

JBs-Hawks

I like the team alot but would personally drop beams or swan and bring in wines and a defender.

Spinking

Quite like it. Very deep in the mids!

Any reason for no Goddard? Reckon he will be one of the most picked this year...

Spite

I am very disappointed in you Colli. Witts is second tallest behind Sandi at 209cm. Gawn at 208cm. :(

Colliwobblers

@ Spite - cost is why no Goddard, it's a very rough draft, I think Goddard will make the final cut...

He will play 80% + in the bombers midfield if you ask me so he is a must if he keeps DPP which he should on 2012 but won't play much in defense in 2013 I am willing to bet...

@ Spinking - well the AFL prospectus has led me astray, and made me look a fool....

Funny thing is the prospectus lists witts at 209cm

and Gawn at 208cm

BUT

the write up on Gawn begins as such... "Gawn, the second tallest ruckman in the league behind Aaron Sandilands, ......

I will never trust Freako again  ;D

Spite

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 24, 2012, 03:14:24 AM
@ Spite - cost is why no Goddard, it's a very rough draft, I think Goddard will make the final cut...

He will play 80% + in the bombers midfield if you ask me so he is a must if he keeps DPP which he should on 2012 but won't play much in defense in 2013 I am willing to bet...

@ Spinking - well the AFL prospectus has led me astray, and made me look a fool....

Funny thing is the prospectus lists witts at 209cm

and Gawn at 208cm

BUT

the write up on Gawn begins as such... "Gawn, the second tallest ruckman in the league behind Aaron Sandilands, ......

I will never trust Freako again  ;D

Haha other way around, I mention Witts and SpinKing meantioned Goddard :P I can't believe you aren't so excited for Witts to debut that you don't know his age/height/weight off by heart! Maybe it's just me... :)

PowerBug

Nice team Colli. :) Max Gawn! Totally forgot about him, will add him in my team right away. :D Remember the prospectus saying he's the 2nd tallest, the freako is usually pretty good though.

One question, why is your backline weak, do you see no value there for 2013? :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Colliwobblers

To be honest I threw the team together pretty quick adn the backline was last to be done so fit the remaining budget....

I will work things around to get Goddard into it, but otehr than that, I DO think there is little value in spending money on your BACKS...

THey don't score high or consistently except a very few and even those few are not always consistent.

I think Howard is set to break out with Gilbee and Hargrave now retired and Lake gone he was a very high first round draft pick and should develop into a Birchall like role player for the Doggies.. I thought last season but I went early 2013 will be his season.

I will only have 4 premium backs and that might include him. hopefuly some of the talented rookies get DPP mid/def status and play and score well so I can use the low scoring backline for making cash off rooks...

I will be stacking the midfield and making sure the ruck is  reliable, then forwards and last defense. The points are simply not scored there

there are a few smoky midpricers i figure will break out in defense this season ( on top of Howard )  however, and I do think the best place to risk a mid pricer is in defense again because of the lower scoring by defenders in general....

stew42

What Colli said... in terms of risking midpricers, not spending...

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, D. Heppell, N. Bock, C. Pedersen, J. Pittard (J. Ballard, S. Colquhoun)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: stew42 on October 26, 2012, 12:57:55 PM

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, D. Heppell, N. Bock, C. Pedersen, J. Pittard (J. Ballard, S. Colquhoun)

That's awesome, i love heppell, he is going to be a superstar, that's a very SOLID backline for round #1 IMO

stew42

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 26, 2012, 10:21:57 PM

That's awesome, i love heppell, he is going to be a superstar, that's a very SOLID backline for round #1 IMO
Cheers mate, that's what I was looking for, my backline last year was awful... I think I started Heater, Broughts and Conca...  ::)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: stew42 on October 26, 2012, 11:23:39 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 26, 2012, 10:21:57 PM

Cheers mate, that's what I was looking for, my backline last year was awful... I think I started Heater, Broughts and Conca...  ::)

Heater + Broughton ( over heppell last minute ) + Howard  for me.

Traded broughton to Dempse who was injured the following week. :) ah DT got to love it - lesson learned for 2013.....