This or that? - Trent Cotchin vs Marc Murphy

Started by Toga, October 20, 2012, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

@ Adamant, I admitted I was wrong, I had pendles for the entire season in both DT and SC, just didn't feel to me like he was scoring that high that regularly over the season, maybe because he missed a few and killed me sitting on my bench.

After you or whoever it was pulled me up in the other thread i went and checked the numbers and sure enough he averaged the 7th highest points in DT.

So that plus his age plus his natural improvement plus his Guernsey all add up to starting him again in 2013.....

@ stew42 - I see Lids like Gibbs, like Scotland like goddard, like carazzo , all GUNS but maybe not ever going to crack that absolute ELITE midfield fantasy bunch of a very few ?

not sure, just feel lids like those others may not have the ability to be the fantasy slut cotchin and the swans abletts etc etc are or will be...

Murphy will be if he gets better at handling the tags, Cotchin got a few last season and seemed to shrug them off pretty well, but Delidio was kept very quiet in a few games by fierce opposition taggers....

Adamant

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 20, 2012, 09:45:33 PM
@ Adamant, I admitted I was wrong, I had pendles for the entire season in both DT and SC, just didn't feel to me like he was scoring that high that regularly over the season, maybe because he missed a few and killed me sitting on my bench.

After you or whoever it was pulled me up in the other thread i went and checked the numbers and sure enough he averaged the 7th highest points in DT.

So that plus his age plus his natural improvement plus his Guernsey all add up to starting him again in 2013.....

He's also underpriced ;)

Toga

Shihan7

Great write up Toga, I have Cotch locked in as M4 :)

oc16

Nieso FC

Driride

Have Murphy in atm but you have put a new look on it , will be hard to work out till the byes are set as want to plan them better this year

Ajax22

I'm reluctant on Cotch since he just broke out but he did do it with the no. 1 tag most weeks and he did it well. The tigers are overall a young side and should continue to improve which you would think can only help Cotchin.

I've also largely not been thinking of taking Murphy unless the price tag forced me to but Ziplocks starting to convince me. I'm still not convinced he can handle a tag well though so looking at how Judd's going could make all the difference. If he still demands the main tag each week then Murphy will be hard to ignore.

Edit - in a straight head to head selection I'm on the Cotchin bandwagon at this point but that's likely to change

Toga

Quote from: Ajax22 on October 21, 2012, 01:06:56 PM
I'm reluctant on Cotch since he just broke out but he did do it with the no. 1 tag most weeks and he did it well. The tigers are overall a young side and should continue to improve which you would honk can only help Cotchin.

I've also largely not been thinking of talking Murphy unless the price tag forced me to but Ziplocks starting to convince me. I'm still not convinced he can handle a tag well though so looking at how Judd's going could make all the difference. If he still demands the main tag each week then Murphy will be hard to ignore.

Edit - in a straight head to head selection I'm on the Cotchin bandwagon at this point but that's likely to change

i agree haha, zippy's doing his best to convince me on murph... but like you, i'm not convinced about his ability to break a tag.. and i think the judd-murphy situation is similar to the cotchin-deledio situation; judd and cotch are near untaggable, while deledio and murphy can be tagged to curb the influence of their respective teammates....

not sure yet, i'll have to have a bit more of a think about it....

elephants

Very nice writeup!

I am looking at both but if worse comes to worst I'll be locking in Murphy over Cotchin. Reckon Marc is in for an awesome year under Mick!

Justin Bieber

Yeah Cotchin is locked already. Murphy likewise...maybe...

Good write up Togs.

Adamant

No-ones worried about Murph's shoulder surgery? He wont start training until after Christmas! :o

Torpedo10

Got neither atm, GAJ, Swan, Watson. Might cull GAJ for Cotchin though. Get the extra cash.

Ajax22

Quote from: Adamant on October 21, 2012, 04:45:20 PM
No-ones worried about Murph's shoulder surgery? He wont start training until after Christmas! :o

It's on my mind but I don't think it will really influence any decision. It's a shoulder so he should be able to do some fitness work you would think and at the end of the day at his age he should be able to come back form it and build up a good fitness base quickly

Holz

Cotchin would have to do something amazing in the preseason to conivnce me to pick him. Got murphy at M3 at the moment.