2013 Player Profile: Arryn Siposs

Started by Football Factory, October 20, 2012, 07:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: timmyparso on January 10, 2013, 05:20:23 PM
If you look at the teams being posted on Rate my Team page they all look the same so risks are needed to at least give you some unique players. Siposs may just be perfect for that role as F5.

not necesairly i would say, most of the top teams i look at come round 8 are pretty common. The odd unique guy doesnt hurt but for example the top teams last year all had beams sidey danger up front they were very popualr picks.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Holzman on January 10, 2013, 05:19:48 PM
I was considering him but for 60k more you can get cloke or sylvia, i had him in my squad but i found the extra 100k to get rioli. Too much cash for a cash cow and with only 6 forwards this year i dont think you can afford to have him as a keeper.

Would have looked at him with 7 forwards.

6000th post :)

Holz, I would be very surprised if you took Sylvia......

Holz

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 05:37:25 PM
I was considering him but for 60k more you can get cloke or sylvia, i had him in my squad but i found the extra 100k to get rioli. Too much cash for a cash cow and with only 6 forwards this year i dont think you can afford to have him as a keeper.

im considering it, at the moment i have gone for rioli though. For 100k more than siposs and only 40k more than sylvia if you look at his numbers to end the season he could do anything from being the top forward next year or only average 80.

Adamant

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 05:37:25 PM

Why? Sylvia is a great pick. He averaged 92 from R13 onwards last year and is having a great pre-season. Check this out: http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/rids-never-again-list-colin-sylvia/

Football Factory

This is from a report on the Stkilda intraclub game over on DTTalk

Arryn Siposs

I have noticed a lot of buzz about Siposs among dream team coaches this pre-season. Many coaches believe that he will assume Goddard’s ‘free-man’ half-back role. I am sure everyone will be pleased to hear that Siposs lined up on the half-back flank today and didn’t spend any of the game in the forward line. In the first quarter alone, he took 5 marks, 4 as intercepts from opposition kicks, and one contested mark running back with the flight into a pack. At centre bounces, he pushed up onto a wing and became involved in the midfield contest. He was the number one link player running off half back, and other players always looked to dish the ball off to him. He was composed with the ball and was sizzling bullet-like 50m passes all over the ground. And, he was ‘loose’ for pretty much the entire game. I think it’s safe to assume that, at least at this stage of the season, Sippa is being groomed to play the ‘Goddard role’ in 2013 and he should therefore push his average into the 90s. Watch in the NAB cup to see if his role changes, but at $325, 000, he is a very safe and smart option for coaches.

Really tempted to take a punt on Siposs

azza707

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 09, 2013, 06:18:49 PM

Arryn Siposs

I have noticed a lot of buzz about Siposs among dream team coaches this pre-season. Many coaches believe that he will assume Goddard’s ‘free-man’ half-back role. I am sure everyone will be pleased to hear that Siposs lined up on the half-back flank today and didn’t spend any of the game in the forward line. In the first quarter alone, he took 5 marks, 4 as intercepts from opposition kicks, and one contested mark running back with the flight into a pack. At centre bounces, he pushed up onto a wing and became involved in the midfield contest. He was the number one link player running off half back, and other players always looked to dish the ball off to him. He was composed with the ball and was sizzling bullet-like 50m passes all over the ground. And, he was ‘loose’ for pretty much the entire game. I think it’s safe to assume that, at least at this stage of the season, Sippa is being groomed to play the ‘Goddard role’ in 2013 and he should therefore push his average into the 90s. Watch in the NAB cup to see if his role changes, but at $325, 000, he is a very safe and smart option for coaches.

Thats just want we want to hear. great stuff! I still cant decide whether i want to take Siposs at 320k in the forward line, or Brodie Smith in the backline at a similar price. Brodie's finals campaign last year was incredible for a 20 year old and apparently hes bulked up a but more this year by about 5-6kgs. descisiions..... Guess NAB will play a big deciding role in this

Mr.Craig

Averages in 90's?? He will be lucky to push into the 70's and no-one should pick him. :-X ;)

auscoyote

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 09, 2013, 06:51:51 PM
Averages in 90's?? He will be lucky to push into the 70's and no-one should pick him. :-X ;)
Haha, My sentiments exactly! :-X

Ziplock

averaged 80 unsubbed this year in a far less lucrative role :P

stew42

Noone should pick him. No. One.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

He's mine!

Football Factory

Arryn Siposs

this is from another article on there aswell

Aaron Siposs (St K) â€" $325,000

Word out of St Kilda is that he is training the house down (yeah I know, who isn’t this time of year), and he is being groomed to slip into the Brendan Goddard role. In and out of the side last year, he played 11 games, with his 5 game stretch between rounds 11 and 22 (missed a few weeks there, and not including his sub affected 25 against the Swans) he averaged a very healthy 89.6, including two tons! Looks a very likely type, and after increasing his average from 35.8 in 2011 to 62.9 in 2012 â€" can his third season in 2013 be his breakout year? One to watch very closely in the NAB cup.

essendon2

question would be

Heppell (90-95) + Siposs (85-90)
vs
Martin (95-100) + Harbrow/Atley (70-85)

1st option ?

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on February 09, 2013, 10:26:53 PM
question would be

vs

1st option ?

Think you are overestimating Siposs there. He is a decent pick, but I think he is getting overhyped at the moment. He did average 80 unsubbed, but that was from 6 games I think? I reckon:

Heppell (90) + Siposs (76)
vs
Martin (93) + Harbrow (78)

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on February 09, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
question would be

vs

1st option ?

Think you are overestimating Siposs there. He is a decent pick, but I think he is getting overhyped at the moment. He did average 80 unsubbed, but that was from 6 games I think? I reckon:

vs
76 is less than his unsubbed average  ???  with a more lucrative role i can see him going anywhere from 85-90+ big call i know but i just have a feeling about this guy ..

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 09, 2013, 10:19:57 PM

Arryn Siposs

this is from another article on there aswell

Aaron Siposs (St K) â€" $325,000

Word out of St Kilda is that he is training the house down (yeah I know, who isn’t this time of year), and he is being groomed to slip into the Brendan Goddard role. In and out of the side last year, he played 11 games, with his 5 game stretch between rounds 11 and 22 (missed a few weeks there, and not including his sub affected 25 against the Swans) he averaged a very healthy 89.6, including two tons! Looks a very likely type, and after increasing his average from 35.8 in 2011 to 62.9 in 2012 â€" can his third season in 2013 be his breakout year? One to watch very closely in the NAB cup.

Adamant

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 09, 2013, 10:48:25 PM
Quote from: Adamant on February 09, 2013, 10:43:33 PM
question would be

vs

1st option ?

vs
76 is less than his unsubbed average  ???  with a more lucrative role i can see him going anywhere from 85-90+ big call i know but i just have a feeling about this guy ..

I know, but that unsubbed average was from just 6 games...

Remember, last year everyone was talking up guys like Conca, Christensen, Armstrong, etc who all had great averages if you excluded their sub affected games, but they just didn't play enough games unsubbed to get a good idea of their potential average.

For Siposs to hit my predicted average of 76, he'd have to score pretty much the same as Luke Breust did last year. Breust averaged 75, here are his 2012 scores:

59, 48, 92, 62, 56, 75, 97, 88, 78, 77, 72, 60, 107, 68, 97, 91, 75, 70, 93, 56, 72

You'd be happy with 70+ from Siposs each week I think, which is why I bolded Breust's 70+ scores. If you think Siposs can match those scores, a 76 average from him seems about right IMO. Just don't set your expectations too high.