Football Factory

Daniel Gorringe - Gold Coast

POSITION: Ruck

OFFICIAL PRICE FOR 2013:   $129,800

HEIGHT: 200cm     WEIGHT: 88kg

2011 GAMES: 7      DT AVERAGE: 33

2012 GAMES:     DT AVERAGE: 36

HISTORY:

South Australian Daniel Gorringe is a mobile ruckman blessed with fantastic ball-winning skills. He was taken by the GC SUNS at Pick 10 at the 2010 National Draft.Widely considered one of the best performed players at the 2010 National Championships, Gorringe, showed tremendous nous and deft touch in ruck contests against bigger opponents and proved himself a terrific disposer of the ball around the ground.His goal-kicking is also a hallmark

2010  The first ruckman taken at the 2010 NAB AFL Draft, Gorringe shapes as an outstanding prospect. The AIS-AFL Acadamy graduate had a great 2010 season where he played most of the year for Norwood's seniors in the SANFL. A natural ruckman he averaged 21 hit-outs a game at the 2010 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships.

2011 The highly rated young ruckman was restricted by hamstring and ankle injuries in 2011. Played 7 games ,including the Suns first 2 wins, and showed a great leap and mobility to go with his impressive tap work.

2012 Suffered an Achilles injury only played 1 game.

VERDICT: With T.Hickey leaving that leaves Gold Coast with 2 ruckmen Smith and Gorringe. If Gorringe has a pre season and plays in the NAB he could be a decent option. Not always easy to find a playing bench option in the rucks, we have been a little spoiled over the last 2 years with Z.Smith and J.Giles. Will be fighting it out with players like Daw,Gawn,Currie,Grundy etc for a spot on your ruck bench.

PREDICTION: I dont know  ;D    he could average 50-65 ?

Gorringe ready to make his mark

DANIEL Gorringe wonders if anyone knows he is still here.

With a host of leg injuries ruining his first two AFL seasons, the Suns ruckman has been all but forgotten before his career has really begun.

"Because I haven't played much footy people probably don't know I'm still here," Gorringe said.

"I had a really good 18s season and first pre-season up here but then injuries took over and I haven't been able to do much since then."

But after two years' frustration in the wilderness, Gorringe, 20, is ready to step out of the dark.

Over his achilles problem which restricted him to just one game last season, the star junior vows to make a name for himself next season.

"Sitting back watching games last year absolutely killed me inside," he said. "I haven't done much in the last two years but I'm ready to show what I've got and why I got drafted."

"I guess people have forgotten me and I'm motivated to make people remember me."

With an abundance of young talls at the club, Gorringe knows the road back won't be easy. That's why the South Australian product has gone to extreme lengths this pre-season to give himself every chance to play senior football next year.

Toga

my little smokey!

after he went down with injury this year i was already thinking about his value as a DT'er next year, I think he could be really excellent cover for the bench.

like you said, a little bit pricey at 180K but surely he'll be a bit less than that. at 140K and hickey leaving, he's near a lock for me ;D

Ricochet

Adamant

nrich102

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 20, 2012, 06:17:37 PM
VERDICT: Bit pricey at the moment at 185k but i think he may be cheaper than that when dreamteam starts up 140k ?. With T.Hickey rumoured to be leaving that leaves Gold Coast with 2 ruckman Smith and Gorringe. If Gorringe has a pre season and plays in the NAB he could be a decent bench option. Gonna be hard to put him in with the likes of Daw,Grundy and Daniher.

Don't forget about Charlie Dixon. I haven't seen Gorringe play, but I think that GC would play Dixon over Gorringe.

Colliwobblers

was looking for this guy nice write up have him on my BXVs list at ruck #5 :)

Daw will go on my DT bench in 2013 if he plays NAB CUP and the reports are possitive around him he has a big shot at playing most games for North next season.

HMac gone to the cats = Goldy + Daw to mimic Cox + NicNat.....

Daw is no NicNat but he dominated in the back half of the 2012 season in VFL and is the clear #2 ruck now at north you have to consider him no?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 20, 2012, 09:38:38 PM
was looking for this guy nice write up have him on my BXVs list at ruck #5 :)

Daw will go on my DT bench in 2013 if he plays NAB CUP and the reports are possitive around him he has a big shot at playing most games for North next season.

HMac gone to the cats = Goldy + Daw to mimic Cox + NicNat.....

Daw is no NicNat but he dominated in the back half of the 2012 season in VFL and is the clear #2 ruck now at north you have to consider him no?

Trade gorringe  to me then colli :P

Colliwobblers

Sure I can do that I have Daw also and 3 others. I went rucking mad in British I could use a young potentially worthwhile midfielder probably not the place to discuss but feel free to be making me an offer  :P

Toga

Quote from: nrich102 on October 20, 2012, 09:23:18 PM
VERDICT: Bit pricey at the moment at 185k but i think he may be cheaper than that when dreamteam starts up 140k ?. With T.Hickey rumoured to be leaving that leaves Gold Coast with 2 ruckman Smith and Gorringe. If Gorringe has a pre season and plays in the NAB he could be a decent bench option. Gonna be hard to put him in with the likes of Daw,Grundy and Daniher.

Don't forget about Charlie Dixon. I haven't seen Gorringe play, but I think that GC would play Dixon over Gorringe.

i think they play dixon as more of a tall rucking forward (ala ty vickery/drew petrie) rather than full-time ruckman

Shihan7

Not for me at that price, mabye at 130-150k :P

Malakia

Personally I won't be going with him, but speaking as a south Aussie a lot of people have massive raps on him, so I'm hoping he can get a full pre-season in and we can see what he's got

nrich102

Quote from: Toga on October 20, 2012, 10:32:26 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on October 20, 2012, 09:23:18 PM

i think they play dixon as more of a tall rucking forward (ala ty vickery/drew petrie) rather than full-time ruckman
OK

Football Factory

Gold Coast ruckman Tom Hickey has joined St Kilda in exchange for a first-round draft pick

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150139/default.aspx

Spinking

Too many better options for that price. A no for me.

Scrads

Assuming he gets a bit if a discount I will be taking a sneaky little look ;)