Suckers and Birch?

Started by Tyes, October 20, 2012, 02:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyes

Just thinking with the move along of Young could either of these two shift up onto the wing for the Hawks? If so, could it mean that Birchall plays more on the wing and Suckers takes over Birch's spot (or visa versa) and everyone in Hawthorn's DEF moves along one spot with the inclusion of Lake.
If this move did eventuate, would you see Sucking or Birchall racking up more points off a wing then they do off half-back? Or would this effect their scores in a negative way. Just got me thinking as a viable way of including both in my Def next year.

Toga

good point, hadn't even considered it!

i think its highly likely that it will more positively affect suckling than birchall, as I think he would be better suited off of a wing. but that might just see birch the 'go to' man more often than not, so his numbers could increase as well.

i don't think it will change my starting team (starting with birch, suckling a possible upgrade), but good thinking anyways :)

Scrads

I think the first person to have a crack at that spot is going to be Savage IMO and I really really hope he makes something of it.

Adamant

Quote from: Scrads on October 20, 2012, 03:36:05 PM
I think the first person to have a crack at that spot is going to be Savage IMO and I really really hope he makes something of it.

Hope so for my Asians team's sake!

Tyes

Quote from: Scrads on October 20, 2012, 03:36:05 PM

Yeah I see this as a big possibility also. Savage is priced at 285k, but he is a pure Mid so I can't see much allure to him with the likes of Ball and Embley as mid pricers also.
Brad Hill could also fill the spot, all depends on how the Hawks structure up I suppose.

Justin Bieber

Suckling played up the ground heaps this year, even playing up forward at times. I would see him taking over Young's man role and Birchall will stay where he is and get AA again.

aces-high

Dont know whats wrong with me but i've really gone off birch. I feel he is going to get tagged alot next year ala heath shaw and his average will decrease. He was horrible in the grand final and the swannies exposed him imo, showing he cant cope with a tag.  Dont think he should be as much of a lock as everyone thinks.

KoopKicka

Clarko also knows what Burgoyne can do up the ground, maybe he'll put Burgoyne there and he will become fantasy relevant as a a DEF/MID?

henry

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 21, 2012, 02:13:56 PM
Clarko also knows what Burgoyne can do up the ground, maybe he'll put Burgoyne there and he will become fantasy relevant as a a DEF/MID?
I would love that he's  genuine match winner but I think he will still mainly play in defence maybe pushing up the ground for a quarter when we need him. I reckon suckling will spend more time up the ground and birch will stay as he is. Hill will have a crack at the role if he has a good pre season.

elephants

I'll be taking Birchall. Seems much more realible, consistent and less vest prone that Suckers :)

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on October 21, 2012, 03:44:33 PM
I'll be taking Birchall. Seems much more realible, consistent and less vest prone that Suckers :)
haha thats why we took him