This or That? - Mark LeCras vs Robbie Gray

Started by Adamant, October 20, 2012, 02:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

These two are the best value you'll find in the forward line. With the majority of coaches going mid-priced in the forward-line, having at least one of them is a must. Both coming off ACL's, both sub-250k, both have the potential to average 85+...both VALUE.

Mark LeCras                                                                  Robbie Gray

Age: 26                                                                                  Age: 24

Price: $221,800                                                                      Price: $241,300

Position: FWD                                                                        Position: MID/FWD

2011 Average: 86.2                                                               2011 Average: 81.8

Games Played: 19                                                                  Games Played: 21

High Score: 140                                                                     High Score: 131

Low Score: 49                                                                        Low Score: 28 (injury affected)

100+ Scores: 6                                                                      100+ Scores: 6

Standard Deviation: 24.8460                                                  Standard Deviation: 25.1464

Price: Mark LeCras - Similar scoring ability, but LeCras being 20k cheaper is a no-brainer.

Scoring Ability: Draw - Although LeCras averaged higher in 2011, Gray has a bit more room for improvement being two years younger at 24.

Consistency: Mark LeCras - Standard deviation of 24.8460, just edges out Gray at 25.1464.

Durability: Mark LeCras - LeCras playing 61 out of a possible 88 games in the last 4 years, easily beats Grays record of 36 out of a possible 88 games.

Winner: Mark LeCras

Final Thoughts: Both extremely good value, but im personally just locking in LeCras at F5. He was a chance to play finals footy this year, but West Coast decided to play it safe and didn't risk him so he should be raring to go come round 1 next year! 220k for a guy who is likely to push an 85+ average is an absolute steal.

tbagrocks

Might have both, then they can rise in value and either be upgraded or kept if they warrant it.

aces-high

elephants

Great writeup mate! I'll be going both at this stage, try tell me that Lecca isn't the lock of the year :P

Love the inclusion of the standard deviation, definitely something I'll look to pinch from you in the future ;)

Hagebear

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2012, 04:07:56 AM
Great writeup mate! I'll be going both at this stage, try tell me that Lecca isn't the lock of the year :P

Love the inclusion of the standard deviation, definitely something I'll look to pinch from you in the future ;)

Umm.... Lecca isn't the lock of the year?

Ricochet

Jroo

Football Factory

Tempting to go both if they are fit and ready for round 1 .. LeCras easily infront of Gray at the moment, i think LeCras was ready to go close to the end of the season but they held him back so should be raring to go round 1.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/14082373/lecras-looks-to-the-finals/

Windigo

I'd go both TBH.

But I'd have to Gray if it was one or the other.

Gray destroyed it when he played midfield late in 2011.  :)

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on October 20, 2012, 12:38:54 PM
I'd go both TBH.

But I'd have to Gray if it was one or the other.

Gray destroyed it when he played midfield late in 2011.  :)
I agree but Robbie splattered his knee good and has only just started running .. LeCras is pretty much ready to go and have a big pre season.

elephants

Quote from: Hagebear on October 20, 2012, 09:37:28 AM

Who, IN YOUR OPINION, is then?

Justin Bieber

I'll probably have both, since Robbie is my boy.

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2012, 01:26:42 PM

For me the Stantonator, for everybody else, Leuenberger. Berger is cheaper then LeCras but can average as much as 10 more.

FWIW I'm locking both LeCras and Leuey.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on October 20, 2012, 01:33:47 PM

For me the Stantonator, for everybody else, Leuenberger. Berger is cheaper then LeCras but can average as much as 10 more.

Fair enough on Leu BUT a ruckmen coming off an Achilles injury... Massive chance of recurring.
Lecca could've played finals for us so he's having an extra 2 months of pre-season. Watch him go massive, bigger than Leu.
(Someone quote me)

Jukes

Quote from: elephants on October 20, 2012, 01:37:14 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 20, 2012, 01:33:47 PM

Fair enough on Leu BUT a ruckmen coming off an Achilles injury... Massive chance of recurring.
Lecca could've played finals for us so he's having an extra 2 months of pre-season. Watch him go massive, bigger than Leu.
(Someone quote me)

Can't see LeCras averaging over 86, probably around the early 80s. Leuey meanwhile averaged 92 in 2011 and that will increase due to his natural progression that comes with age (although that is countered slightly by his year off), mid 90s I reckon which has to be a lock with his pricetag.