This or That? - Matty Wright vs Clancee Pearce vs Dave Zaharakis

Started by elephants, October 20, 2012, 12:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

With all the mid-price options int he forward line, I am gonna need someone to slot in at 2nd fwd along side Mitch Robbo to ensure that I have enough firepower up there as well as all the bargains. All these options are either underpriced or have shot to prominence but which one will you be picking?

Matty Wright - Adelaide Crows

Price: $438,400

2011 Average: 65.3

2012 Average: 85.1

Wrighty is one of those blokes who really stepped up into a midfield role last season, just what you want from a premium fwd! Seems to be durable and has the tank to run through the middle while sliding forward for some nice goals.

Clancee Pearce - Freo Dockers

Price: $435,300

2011 Average: 61.3

2012 Average: 91 (sub affected)

The poor lad was delisted by the Dockers before being picked up again in the rookie draft. Told he needed to work harder and get fit, he did so superbly and was seen deep fwd, across half back AND through the midfield last season!

Dave Zaharakis - Essendon Bombers

Price: $428,100

2011 Average: 88.2

2012 Average: 82.8

Was in ripping form and really establishing himself as a true premium forward before teraing his quad when winding up for a bomb from outside 50. Season never quite got back to the level it was between round 5-9 when he busted out 4 tons in 5 matches with the other score being a highly respectable 87.

(Votes in brackets)

Price: Zaha (3), Clancee (2), Wright (1)

Scoring Ability: Clancee (2), Zaha (2), Wright (2)

Consistency: Zaha (3), Clancee (2), Wright (1)

Durability: All are very similar. Zaha before this year although Clancee chalked up 22 games this season - 2 each.

Substitute potential Zaha (3), Clancee (2), Wright (1)

Well, well, well. Zaha wins it on 13 votes with Clancee in second (10) and Wright bringing up the rear (7).
I strongly believe that all three will have very good years and all will average above 85 if not 90!

1. Zaha
2. Clancee
3. Wright

Nieso FC

Zaha currently in my side, plenty of upside in him and the Bombers

Mr.Craig

I'm backing Clancee to average the most of those three but I have Zaha in my side too.

Jukes

aces-high

Loved clancee this year but will be goin safe with Zaha! Was great this year before injury (he was a big reason they dropped off) and will potentially average 95+. Matty wright is looming as that unique/pod that might pay off next year but zaha will be the one locked into team Aces-High

Capper

Nice write up Le.

What is your opinion on DPP on all 3?? Which ones will and which ones wont

Adamant

Great write up ele.

Zaha is currently sitting in my side at F3 - Great value as he was averaging 90-95ish before his injury, which lowered it down to 83. 8)

Clancee being priced at 84 avg is a bit of a bargain as he averaged 91 without vests. Him & Wright will probably become upgrade targets if they are killing it.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jukes on October 20, 2012, 01:50:39 AM
Clokey over all three.
That's just stupid, anyway Tex will out score Trav ;)

Zaha may get in and Wright will be the Sidebum of 2013, Clancee maybe an upgrade target

elephants

Quote from: tabs on October 20, 2012, 02:36:21 AM
Nice write up Le.

What is your opinion on DPP on all 3?? Which ones will and which ones wont

I believe all will get fwd/mid dpp (although Clancee deserves back/mid/fwd but VS will never understand :P)

At this stage I have Clancee F2 and Zaha F3 :)

The It

elephants

Quote from: The It on October 20, 2012, 05:17:31 PM
Where would you rank Dusty Martin in with these guys?

After the season he has put me through, no.

Honestly though, I would only touch him as an upgrade target. Want to see if he can recapture some form of consistency before I fork out 400k+ for him.

henry

Zaha of those 3 for me, though definitely will watch  Wright through the NAB cup. I don't like Clancee, to inconsistent for me and I doubt I could ever bring myself to include someone called "Clancee" spelt with 2 e's in my team.

elephants

Quote from: henry on October 20, 2012, 05:50:37 PM
Zaha of those 3 for me, though definitely will watch  Wright through the NAB cup. I don't like Clancee, to inconsistent for me and I doubt I could ever bring myself to include someone called "Clancee" spelt with 2 e's in my team.

Lol, I used to think that about 'Jobe' and 'Daisy'...

Ricochet

Clancee is a ball magnet. This year was a stepping stone for much bigger things to come... expect him to have a big year

Toga

will be a case of Dusty vs Zaha vs Clancee for me, will pick two of them.

at this stage it is likely to be dusty and zakaraka with clancee a potential upgrade